Can I breast feed again after stopping for 2 months? PLEASE HELP???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have a 3 month old...I breast fed the 1st month but couldnt produce enough milk so I gave up.  I really regret stopping & want to know is it physically possible to start over now???  It has bee 2 months since I stopped.  Can I lactate again???
Yes you can relactate.  It's going to take alot of work from you.   You're going to have to start putting your baby to the breast to feed regularly, keep in mind that for a while she won't be getting anything so you'll still have to bottle feed.  Also you are going to have to start pumping to keep that stimulation up.  You may not see any results for a few days to a couple of weeks.  It's going to take alot of time and alot of effort.  Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.