Women's Health Community
Can I drink alcohol if there is a chance I might have JUST gotten pregn...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can I drink alcohol if there is a chance I might have JUST gotten pregnant?

Please help!
I think I might be pregnant, although I'm not sure. My breasts started feeling particularly sore and bigger than usual 6 days ago and they are still very sore but I don't expect my period until Wednesday. I also feel slightly bloated. I have read that pregnancy tests won't be accurate this far in advance of my period. Here's the thing: I am going to celebrate a very close friend's bachelorette party this weekend and was hoping to have a few drinks to celebrate. I have heard it is safe to drink alcohol this early in the pregnancy (although obviously not after a few weeks from now) - is this true?? Or should I avoid drinking altogether?

Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Most people choose to not drink during the 2WW.  Having said that, one drink probably won't hurt, but you can still be social and have nonalcholic drinks.  That's always the safest course.
Blank
118074_tn?1228332603
It's never safe to drink when you are pregnant.  It's your individual decision.  A lot of women drank before they find out and their babies turn out to be fine.  However, if you know you might have a chance of being preggo, are you willing to risk it?  That's your personal decision.  Your symptoms sound like PMS as well as pregnancy so no way to tell until you take a hpt.
Good Luck!
Blank
Thanks for your feedback! I know my symptoms also sound like PMS, which is why I would not like to worry about having a couple of drinks, but my boobs don't usually get sore/big 10 days before my period. Is that normal for PMS?

Blank
118074_tn?1228332603
Nothing is normal about being a woman!  It might be too early to have preggo symptoms.  If you decide on drinking, then try to take it easy just in case.
Blank
to be honest if we never drank because we always thought we were preggo then we would have very boring lives! Just live your life, have fun, but remember binge drinking is never good even if you are preggo. I'm a GYN RN and talk to my Dr's all the time about different things. This conversaion has been brought up many, many times. All have the same response, if there are no none fertility problems then occ. drinks wont make a difference. You know the percent of women who drank before they knew they were preggo has to be very high. just relax, and have a good time!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank