Women's Health Community
Can UTI delay menstrual periods?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can UTI delay menstrual periods?

Hi
I have been suffering from painful urination for twenty days and my periods have been delayed for last twenty five days. my doctor had my pregnancy test but it is negetive. he also had UTI test that is also not showing any problem but i am still feeling burning and pain during urination and my periods are still delayed. Although I have completed antibiotics course, prescribed by doctor. I want to know, why my periods are delayed. Can UTI or painful urination be a cause of delayed menstrual periods? And What should I do next?
Kindly regards,
Muni
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I suffered from UTI for like a year off and on. Then doctor said to pee after sex and wipe clean so ever since I havent had a single UTI (for abot 3 years now) i have been with my partner for 4 and a half years also. maybe that will work :)
Blank
I also had almost constant UTI's for about a year. "newlywed syndrome" said the urologist. Got to take a pill "half an hour before intercourse" (how do you plan that), but anyway, my dr. didn't give me strong antibiotics since I was trying to get pregnant and I never had the feeling it went away (not really burning, but more a feeling that my bladder wasn't completely empty) completely until I just decided to take my old antibiotics in the week I knew I wasn't pregnant.
I don't know about UTI's delaying your period, sorry.
Also, did you rule out a yeast-infection? Antibiotics can cause a yeast-infection.
Blank
thank u for ur kind reply. i'm now getting batter.
Blank
Try taking cranberry caps every day, this will help you maintain a healthy urinary tract.  For some people it even works better than antibiotics.  You can also drink a cup of pure unsweetened cranberry juice instead.
Blank
OK so I haven't started my period since about Feb. 25th and were getting into May. My fiance and I are sexually active I already took 5 test and went to the doctor everything was NEGATIVE!!!! So could I have UTI?????
Blank
I have been on keflex antibotics for 6 months for constant UTI infections.  My period was very regular (every 28 days).  I have stopped taking the tablets last month. Now I am 2 weeks overdue with my period.  I have done a pregnancy test and its negative.  Could the delays with my period be the cause from the antibotics?

Thanks
Alex
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979