Can a Hymen grow back
My friend was told that her daughter was molested and so they did an exam and her hymen was intact.  The doctor said this was because it grew back.  I cannot find any supporting information about this on any medical website or book.  Can anyone help?  Can it really grow back.
If a flap of skin at the entrance to the vagina was torn but not entirely, it might heal.  But a doctor would not say it "grew back," he would say the laceration healed, or something like that.  The whole story sounds a bit odd -- a friend "was told" her daughter was "molested," does that mean rape, and the vagina, or does it mean groping inappropriately, or does it mean anal penetration?  Someone can truly get molested and still not have the hymen be involved.  And there are probably even some ways to be penetrated into the vagina that do not rupture the hymen, such as penetrating with an object that is long but slender.  Then the doctor saying "it was because it grew back" sounds either false or like the doctor was a quack.  You might ask your friend about the story again, rather than looking for evidence a hymen grows back, because the story sounds like it has gotten convoluted in the repeating.