Can fibroids/tilted uterus cause ongoing back problems

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I am 57, just into menopause, have a uterus full of "too many fibroids to count" totalling a diameter of 17cm. They all say that's huge; don't I know it! I have looked and felt about 7 or 8 months pregnant for over 20 years, despite never having been pregnant. The problem is not the fibroids (perhaps) but the on-going pain, and expense, and horrible inconvenience to all those around me from the tilted pelvis and L4 ad L5, hip joint pain and sacro-illiac problems; the adjustments won't hold for more than a few days. This week I have been to one chiro in the States, and two here, about three days apart. Can the oversized, tilted uterus cause the pelvic tilting and problems with the S.I. joints???
Will a hysterectomy help this? None of the docs (GP, GYN, CHiro(s), & Osteopath) will venture an opinion. HELP!
Ooh, that's quite interesting...

I also have a large retroverted uterus and suffer from back pain. I'm 38 and my tummy has started to look pregnant like,

I also had my coccyx removed and sacrum shaved down a few years ago, I also have undiagnosed iliac crest pain too plus hip pain.

Wonder if there IS a link?
Not glad you suffer from this, but a bit glad to know that I'm not alone. Have you asked your doc if there is a correlation between the different pains?
And if so, have they been as vague as mine have been?
Thanks for your reply.
sort of late for a comment but I have been suffering for over a year and a half with sudden back pain and hip joint pain - GYN kept saying that the fibroids could be but not 100% certain. GP would not even render an opinion - useless - and she ran out of ideas in which to investigate.  I went to my GYN on my own to rule out a cancer or some other dibilitating gyny situation - that is where the fibroids were found. The uterus tilt was not discovered until the hysto - and at that time GYN was pretty certain that was the source of my pain.  All the DRs in my camp were not on board with my full hysto decistion but I am in menopause so there was nothing at this point to lose.  I hope this helps you to figure out what direction you want to take with this.
I have had on and off pelvic pain, radiating throughout hip for years.  Finally discovered that uterus was tilted and no kidding, was fortunate enough to have a chiropractor who could literally adjust the uterus to correct position.  Absolutely reduced / eliminated pain.
needhelp345 joined this community
Welcome them!
Des_a_rae, and Belle313 commented on renae176's status
Des_a_rae commented on Baby Noah!!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals