Can taking prenatal vitamins make you feel pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My husband and I been ttc for about month and a half... the first month we was not successful but we're still trying. I started taking prenatal vitamins ever since we started trying... but in the last two weeks, I been getting nausetated, sore breasts, and tired alot. I also take synthyroid. Can these two combination make my body think i am preg.? And also I stopped taking prenatals about 5 days ago to see if that was it but now my nipples ar e tingling and they hurt so bad. Can anyone explain to me what they might think it could be?

• prenatal vits (9 replies):
    Hi ladies. I just wanted to know what prenatal vitamins...[more]
  • prenatal vitamins (4 replies):
    Hi i just found out that i am pregnant but i want be abl...[more]
  • Brown discharge
    I am dischaging and its a dark brown color. It first sta...[more]
  • TTC (3 replies):
    I am using ovulation tracker & having prenatal vitamins ...[more]
  • Rash? (7 replies):
    Hi, 2 questions. (1) Ive noticed that sometimes, when I ...[more]
They can make you nauseated.

Symptoms mean nothing.  Take a pregnancy test if you think you might be pregnant.  Good luck.  
I agree with Peek.  And wanted to mention, if you are ttc, get back on your prenatals.  They are importnant, especially in the first 4 weeks of pregnancy, before you even know you are pregnant.

I have never heard of prenatals affecting your breasts.  The only thing I know they can do is make you nauseated and sometimes constipated.
I don't know anything about the other meds you are on.

I hope you get your BFP soon!!
Prenatals are just vitamins, not hormones.  They can make you nauseated because of the heavy vitamin load, and the iron in them can slow down your pooping, but they are just a high-dose vitamin.  They don't have any magic ingredient in them that would make you feel pregnant per se.
Ive also started taking prenatal vitamins two weeks ago as we are also trying. and since the end of last week my breast started to get tender by the day and getting abdomen pains.  but it is to early for pregnancy signs isnt it?
With the increased of iron you can feel more bloated if you are noticing a constipating effect which in turn can make you feel pregnant.  But will they cause you to have sore breasts, no.  This would be more of a sign of either ovulation or implementation.
I have been ttc, and started taking prenatal v for about 2 weeks and I'm having the exact same symptoms, I'm not prego, wish I was, but my breast feel tender, I feel tired, and nauseous and very bloated, ive even vomited a few times, I was searching on the subject and found ur post, thanks ur post helped me, guess I'm not the only one , btw good luck =)
I was trying to get pregnant for about a month and in that month I started taking my prenatal vitamins, I would say within 5 days my breasts were terribly painful and as soon as I stopped taking them the pain in my breasts stopped and No this was not due to my period! After 2 months of trying I am now 5 weeks pregnant and started taking my vitamins again and just like before 5 days later my breasts hurt AGAIN! My Doctor said she has had a small number of women who have had the same experience.