Can u get pregnant on the pill?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Can u get pregnant on the pill?

I have just started taking the pill.  My gyno prescribed it because I had been on the depo and was having irregular periods.  I have only been taking it for about five days, and I was just wondering if I could get pregnant while on it? Because on the 11th I believe I started ovulating (this is the first time since I quit the depo) and I am wondering if the combination of the pill, and the provera the hospital put me on kind of shocked my body back into normalcy.  My partner and I want to have a child, and I am just wondering if it is likely that I could ovulate and get pregnant while on the pill since I haven't even been on it that long.
People do get preggers on the pill.  It is usually either from irregularities in them taking it, like they forgot one or more, or else it is because it was their first month and all the hormone action was not fully in sync with their body yet.  (Very rarely, it will be because the hormone dose in the pill wasn't strong enough for them.)
yes..you can get pregnant on the pill.  Like anniebrooke said, it is usually because of human error like a missed pill, etc...or drug, drug interactions like antibiotics (which can cause the pill to not be effective).  Particularly if you just started taking the pill (5 days i think you said), your hormone level is probably not high enough.  If you and your partner want to get pregnant...go off of the pill.
yes you definately can get pregnant. I was prescribed the pill and got pregnant while taking it, now im 33 weeks along.
Me too, got pregnant with my son on the pill.  I was taking it at the same time every day, and hadn't missed any.  My mom got pregnant on the pill too though, my Dr. said some women it just isn't as effective for.  Once you get regular it will be easier to know when to start trying, but by all means if you are ready, I would stop the pill soon and start!
If the pill is working properly, you will not ovulate and therefore cannot conceive on it. However, many women's bodies do not respond properly to the pill (no fault of their own ... you may take it flawlessly and still become impregnated). I knew a woman who got pregnant two or three times on the pill although she took it regularly. However, many women use it as their sole source of birth control for years without pregnancy because their bodies respond positively to it. It is supposed to be 99.9% effective, but I know too many women who conceived on it to believe it truly has this level of effectiveness. Best wishes!
chances are very slim that you can get pregnant while on the pill. if you have just started your first month, keep taking the pill everyday at the same time, and you will not ovulate, and you will be protected from pregnancy. the pill is 99% effective, don't worry too much!!! yes there are stories of women getting pregnant on the pill, but don't let that freak you out too much. it is still one of the most effective methods of birth control.
Statement:  The Pill does not prevent ovulation.  Period.  I want to rebuttal what other people have posted here, as it is completely incorrect.  The Pill DOES NOT prevent ovulation whatsoever.  It prevents implantation...meaning that you WILL ovulate, and potentially the ova will be fertilized, but it will be UNABLE to IMPLANT on the wall of the uterus and then be expelled alongside your regular period materials.

Odds are, you'd never know.

I have had the pill fail on two occasions, however it was because of incorrect dosage.  If you are trying actively to become pregnant, get off of the pill...as getting pregnant ON the pill is potentially bad for your would-be child.  (After all, emergency contraception is not much  more than several big doses of birth control pills taken all at once.  It was even advice my mom gave me in my teens.  "If you get pregnant, take four or five of your birth control pills.")
that is not correct. you do not ovulate on the pill. you may on low dose pills like ortho lo, but other than that, you DON"T ovulate!
You do NOT ovulate while you're on the pill, although you're right that it prevents implantation if that should happen. And if you get pregnant while on the pill, it does not harm the fetus.

Not sure if this is where you were going, but I wanted to stress yet again that emergency contraception isn't the same as the abortion pill, mifepristone. Since it's too late to prevent ovulation, obviously, emergency contraception works by preventing implantation.
You do not ovulate while on the pill...that is the whole point.  However, I was one of the ones who conceived while on the pill.  Maybe I should restate---if working correctly, and if it is the right pill for you, you don't ovulate while on the pill.
But, yes, it can and has happened.
Soror's mis-information about how the BCP works would imply that the Pill is just an early abortion which is NOT the case. As in the case with an IUD, it does not prevent pregnancy, just prevents implantation, which is why most pro-lifers don't choose that method.
She has also posted that she became pregnant 3 times, and all three were unwanted, ending in miscarriage, (but would have aborted had she not had MC's). I am just curious if she followed her mother's advice and took 5 or 6 pills in an attempt to terminate?? Or did she miscarry??
Confused
this is scaring me.. I just had a baby 8 months ago.. and I am on ortho lo and im scared to get pregnant again... and itmakes me not wanna use any more..
I had been on the pill for 5 years.  I took it regularly and it worked great for me.  Not thinking, I took a strong antibiotic for a UTI and it decreased my pill and I became pregnant.  It ended in a m/c.  I am on Loestrin 24.  That was last year.  I am on the same pill and I haven't had any more problems.  I just know to use a back up when using antibiotics.
i got my tubes tied and i want to have a baby whats should i do? sometimes i feel that im preagant but i still get my period
im 16 and im on the pill but i missed a couple and its like my 3 month on it and i have a really good relationship with my bf can i still gte pregant even though im on the pill
Yes!!  The only thing that is 100% effective at preventing pregnancy is abstinence.  I know lots and lots of people who have used the bc pill as an effective means of prevention.  I however got pregnant twice on the pill.  It just doesn't work as well for some as others.  And unfortunatly, as far as I know, there is no way to know if you are going to be one of the 99.9% it does work for or not.  

Also remember that the pill does nothing to prevent STDs.  If you are only 16 you should really consider using condoms as a backup and to prevent STDs.
I just started taking the pill (aviane-28) on June 29th.. I took it at the same time every day for about a week and a 1/2, then I started back to work and some days I would take it in the morning, other days I would wait until about 6pm. I wont begin my inactive pills until this friday, is there a risk I have conceived this month having unprotected sex and it being only my first month on BC? I know the risks are minimal even having taken it each day, but can taking the pills at a different time  increase risk of pregnancy?
I have been on the pill for 5 years now, last month we took a vacation and of course, i didnt get to take my pills on time and even missed a couple, but always doubled up the next day. Then the week after we returned, I had my period and it was a day late (Which is VERY odd, its always like clockwork) and it was very light.  Then during the 1st week of active pills this month, I had some bleeding, it didnt last anytime at all, it was there, and then it was gone, it was like one big drop.  During the entire five years of me taking this pill i have NEVER had breakthrough bleeding, even during the first few months.  has anyone experienced this, and is it possible i could be pregnant?  I am going to the dr. tommorow for my yearly check up anyway,  so  I will know tommorow, but this waiting is killing me.........
i am 14 and i have had unprotected sex 7 times...well i was messing with my boy friend and we had sex 2 times bout 2 or 3 weeks ago...i think i am pregnant but im on birth control what should i do and do you think there is a posssiblity of me being pregnant?
I feel so bad for you.. Do ur parents know ur having sex ?  My daughter is 16 and I would be heartbroken if she told me she was pregnant...  u are to young to have a baby or even worry about it.... AND IF you are then there are alot of changes that your going to have to make ,, unless you plan on having mommy and daddy raise the baby for you,, or give it up for adoption which at your age is probably the best bet.. At 14  the sad reality is you DO not have the mentallity to care full time for a new born baby,,, so if you are pregnant plz consider adoption and allow that child to have two full time , mature responsible loving adults as its parents instead of two 14 yr olds who care more about their cell phones, IPOD and PS2 ....  Im not being harsh Im just being real.. good luck..
my question is... i have been on birth control for maybe 2 weeks now my husband and i decided we want to have kids now *now he tells me!*  so if i just stop birth control what are the chances *if any* of me becoming pregnant quickly? we have had some difficulties in the past. just wondering thank you!!
I WANT TO BECOME PREGNANT BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS A REASON FOR ME TO GET PREGNANT ON THE PILL SO WHEN I TELL MY MOM SHE'S NOT AS MAD. I KNOW I'M YOUNG BUT I'M READY. I AM ALSO ON ANTIBIOTICS BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I AM ALREADY PREGNANT. I NEED SOME ADVICE.

ok so i just starteed AVIANE on september 16th. and i wills start my nonactive pills tomorrow. my boyfriend is coming home on october 12th and im freaking out i could get pregnant if we have sex.
COULD I??
WHY do you want to be pregnant? It is not a doll, it is a baby. YOU need to put your life aside and care for it. It is life long commitment.Do you have the means to give it a good life and how will you do that w/o an education or training. Wait until you are really ready, when you can give your baby a nice life. Make a better life for yourself now, your children will be grateful.
im 16 years old, took the pill for about 2 1/2 months then stopped. why? im 5 weeks pregnant.
I had my son 4 months ago and I am on ortho lo BC now for the last 3 days been feeling sick same feeling i had with both my son and daughter.  we had no problam getting pregnant with my son but went through clomid with my daughter 2 years ago.  could i be pregnant?  
you can get pregnant on the pill if your on a low dose, i.e. your only on it for irregular periods.

ask your doctor about the dosing amount
ok im 18 yrs old and i been taking the pills for 3 days can i still get pregnant ???
I finished my first month of loestrin, which worked great for me. but soon after switched to the generic brand, a week into it my and my bf had intercourse, can i be pregnant?
anytime you have unprotected sex (without a condom you run the risk of getting pregnant) the pill doesnt always work and since you switched...i dont kno how that would really work
i went on vacation and missed my pill 3 times and when i got back in town i was intimate with my boyfriend, but i took all 3 pills that same day. could i be pregnant because im showing certain symptoms such as fatigue, frequent urination and break through bleeding. my mom had the same thing happen when she concieved me.
You do ovulate while on BC. I am a pre-med student, you do ovulate, ovulation is the release of the egg and its lovely trip through the reproductive system, if the egg is never fertalized, that is how you have periods. Imagine that.  What BC does is either build up a mucus along the uterus so the egg can not implant its self or builds up a mucus around the egg so it can be fertalized.  If you didnt ovulate, ladies, youd have no period.  Please learn the facts before you mis-inform people.
im sorry i have a slight typo. instead of builds up a mucus around the egg so it can be fertalized it should say CAN NOT.
Your answer was correct but is also missing some pertinent information The fact that you are pre-med only means that you aren't in medical school yet.

From my OB/GYN:

The period that someone has on the pill isn't really a period at all. If someone is on a 28 day cycle of pills with three weeks of active pills and a week of hormone free pills or the packs of 21 pills where you don't take a pill during the fourth week, during the week of hormone free pills or no pills a woman will experience what is called "Withdrawal Bleeding". The pharmaceutical companies that created these pills back in the day included a week of these hormone free pills so that women would experience a "period" therefore reassuring them that they in all likelihood were not pregnant. In general, a woman does not ovulate while on the pill. Stranger things have happened though.

If you are concerned about the possibility of being pregnant, go ahead and buy a pregnancy test to find out one way or the other.
I have been on the pill for years and know i am getting all the symptoms of being pregnant. I have had spotting and  I have taken a take home test and the first one was negative and then a few days later i took another one and it had a very light positive line on it. but i had a period three weeks ago.. or was it? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN I AM GETTING MIXED READINGS???
i have been taking injection to prevent me pregant for 2 years now and it work for me , last month i have stop it can i get pregnant pls advice me
of course you can get pregnant! why wouldnt you
Im kind of nervous me and my boyfriend are really serious we just moved in together and now im scared im pregnant im on birth control but due to them move i didnt get my refill on bc for a while, we didnt wait that long to have sex and i also missed 1 pill twice this month, I never take i at the same time i always forget till later on and stuff. I want kids and he does to i just wanted to be married before, but obviously things dont always work out as planned. anyway, I've been really tierd alot and i have nausea, i also had an increase in urination, HOW POSSIABLE IS IT TO GET PREGNANT ON BC? especially when ur missing days and stuff...
Can I still get pregnant if i just started on the pill a couple of hours ago and my boy friend came inside of me?
Soror is correct you do indeed ovulate on the pill, and it is the hormones that the pill creates that prevent implantation. Do what I did- ask your doctor; not random strangers that may or may not have accurate information.
i started on Yaz after and IUD removal when i finished my 24pill pack i had unprotected sex while taking the hormone free pills and i got my period for 4hrs then nothing after i did a preg test9urine) and it was neg but can i still be pregnant
yes you can still be pregnant. birth controls not 100% thats why you should always use condoms in addition
hey this might be a werid question i been taking ortho-nuvem 777  my doctor switch me to another brand microgestin...and i'm hoping there no possblity of becoming pregant
if you have been having unprotected sex then sorry there is a chance
I'm 15 and me and my bf have been having sex ever since i had my baby in April but i been taking birth control for like a month so what should i do and do u think im pregnant
you 15,already had a baby...dont rely only on the pill...you need to start using condoms in addition to birth control

no one will be able to tell you your pregnant
I've been reading all these posts and I'm not trying to be mean or put anyone down, but some of you people are just so ignorant. Don't they explain to you, when you get the pill, that you should have backup for the first month or so?? Of course there's a higher chance of getting pregnant if you've only started taking the pills hours before having sex. Believe me, I'm no doctor but from LISTENING to the doctors when they explain to you everything about the BC and maybe just using some common sense, might help preventing pregnancy?
Hi, i really hope somebody can help me with this question. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend just using withdrawal method on August 4 and he wasn't sure if he had some ejaculation, i started taking yasmin pills on the 6th august but i stopped after 5daysAug.11  because i couldn't handle the nauseous feeling everyday & the stress i have. On the 14th august i had diarrhea and after 2days Aug. 16, i was bleeding, i know for a fact that twas withdrawal bleeding from the pill i've had very dark red discharges..from August 4, i never had sex with my boyfriend anymore until this day September 4, never had sex but i was gaining weight & i couldn't control my eating habits, been eating a lot coz always hungry and how my lower abdomen is bigger than it used to be, and just few hours ago i had some white blood discharges, could i be pregnant? please help me.. thank you.
i have been on birth control for 4 yrs, and i had unprotected sex many times, and never got prregnant, however that doesnt mean that i couldnt have, i was just really lucky, and actually my mom was giving me my pill so that i was taking it at the same time everyday with no chance of missing it, but since im older and have become more responsible i have been taking it myself, however since i quit my job i dont wake up at the same time so im not taking my pills at the same time, my bf is TERRIFIED that i might get pregnant so hardly ever do we do it without one, i no there is a chance of getting pregnant so does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure i take my pill at the same time everyday, im 18 my bf is 21 we are really not ready for a baby anytime soon!
I'm 27 and have been on BC pills for 3 months already, have missed a couple pills but taken double dose the next day. I've started a light period (spotting) 2 weeks before my supposed period. Do have breast tenderness, nausea, feeling queasy, moody and tired.. PT tested negative. Can I be pregnant or are these normal side effects of the pill?
Thnx,
J
i have the implant in and i am getting it tuk owt n munday coz i have put 2 stone on by using it, so i am going back on the pill, but the doctor has taking me off the pill b4 bcoz i suffer frm migranes (migraines) and it make them worse, any ideas??
I'm on birth control and I had sex without a condom. He pulled out, although I know that doesn't really make a difference, but I ended up being really late taking my pill that night, instead I took it in the afternoon the next day. This happened two times in a row. What are the odds of getting pregnant?? If anyone knows.
There is a lot of bickering back and forth about whether or not you ovulate on the pill.  I have been on different types of birth control throughout the years. SOME forms of the pill allow you to ovulate, while other brands stop ovulation. there are 2 types of pills!!!! there are low-dose pills in which you do ovulate, and there are COMBINATION pills which contain estrogen and progestrone. Using the combination pills, you DO NOT OVULATE. The "period" you get on these pills is what is called  "withdrawl (withdrawal)".  Read the info that comes with the pill you are on....that is in fact what it is there for. To inform you.  The combination pills work by preventing ovulation, and also by building up the mucus on the uturan wall, and mucus around the egg. Low dose pills work the same way, only they contain Progestrin only and do not stop ovulation. both, when used correctly are 99% effective.  I am NOT pre-med, or med, or a doctor of any sort, but I do talk to my doctor, and read my prescription inserts so i am fully aware of what I am putting in my body. So hope this help those that are left confused by all of the "im right and your wrongs" going on in here.
ive been on the pill for a week and have had unprotected sex 7 days after taking it, i think i am protected but am having symptoms of pregnancy? i dont think i am pregnant, but i just wanted to know if it was side effcts from the pill or i should get a pregnancy test?
yes you can i got pregnant on the pill
hi, i got on the pill 4 the first time, on my 7th day i had unprotected with my bf. I read that it sometimes takes a month for the pill 2 start working. Is that true and could i possibly b pregnant? I am really trusting that im not, and praying that my next period comes.
I just found out that Im pregnancy, I was taking my pill everyday at the same time, will this affect the fetus in anyway ?
hi!! im 17 and scared to be pregant i was on the pill for a week for my first time but i noticed i started gaining weight and headaches so i stopped taking them. me and my bf had unprotected sex ever since and ive been gettn dizzy and bad headaches and stomach pains could i be pregnat?????
I tried to get my period a week early because I was going away the next week and didn't want to skip it but I stuffed up my polls and decided to stop taking my pill until about Monday. I stopped taking it after ties night which was my sugar pill then I took another sugar pill on fri night and took two active pills on mon and again wed thinking I could get back on track with my days. Stupid idea I know. Anyway my boyfriend and I had sex yesterday being wed afternoon and the condom broke and he pulled out but I think a little but went up there were not 100% sure cause most of it was out of me. So I took the morning after pill but I didn't have any water on me so I took them with that pox mix coke they have with mcdonalds but now I realize I would have diluted the effect of it. Because I just finished my period on sun/mon but weren't taking my pill properly for a week, what are my chances that I'm pregnant? I have been on the pill for over a yr now and was taking it properly for two weeks previous to when I stopped taking it properly. Thanks for your help.
Someone help my previous post plz!!!
Hi!!! My name is Angela Terry and i was wondering can you get pregnant if you missed three of your pills. Im 17 yrs old and i really want 2 get off avianne when im 18yrs old in october 11
Yes you can :s chances are pretty high. I left you a note :)
What are the chances of me becoming pregnant if i which from depo shot s to avianne and i dont take those three day.
condoms are only 80 percent effective. Birth control is at least 99 percent effective and that is at low dose. don't put all your trust in condoms. i know 12 people who have had condoms break and get pregnant. regardless if you are not ready to have children either double up, triple up, or stop having sex. another point is that generic drugs do not act differently than brand name drugs. the only difference is an added molecule to the drug that your body can determine the difference between. The ineffective molecule will be ejected as waste and the effective molecule will be used as a birth control. if your mom took birth control perfectly and still got pregnant, you could be at risk for the pill not being as effective on you. that is common knowledge.
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU HAVE A BREAK THROUGH PERIOD WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. BUT YOU WAS NEVA ON YOUR PERIOD AT ALL
i just started the pill on April 8th and the first day of my last period was April 1st. I didn't take the pill on the 16-18th becuase i went on vacation and distractions happened. Yes I did have relations with my husband but can there be a possibility that I can get pregnant? I was prescribed pills to regulate my period, but on the 19th until today I've been spotting, just pink/brown, I continued taking the pill and I'm scared to think that if I'm pregnant if the pills will effect the embryo? Please help...thanks
If u r dat worry how *** u just don't get a pregnant test n c if u iz b4 u continue da pill. but naw it wouldn't hurt da baby
ive been on the pill for two years but i just recently swiched to a higher estrigen one a month ago. me and my bf just had sex the other night. i was supposed to get my period yesterday and i still havnt gotten it we also did not use a condom. does that mean i might be pregnant?
I just swtiched from yasmin to alesse a week and a half ago and my third day I missed and also my second day and late on my third I ended up leaving it in my friends car:S. I also had sex one of those days! I havve been bleeding ever since the fourth day I stared the pill and have been crampy and peeing alot, could I be pregnant?
hi i have been on the pill for about 3 yr but have been away for 2 week on holiday an forgot to take my pills with me but carried on havin intercourse with my boyfriend whats the chances that i am pregnant as i have been feeling sick on an of for the last few days plzzzz help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive been on the pill for about 2 nearly 3 weeks :/ and i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend my stomach feels wierd but its only been around a week we did it i know its stupid but could there be a chance im pregnant? help me out please
speaking from experience i dont suggest you and your boyfriend try to have a baby at the age of 16. I got pregnant when i was 17 with my boyfriend who i had been dating since i was 15, every thing was great in our relationship and he was really supportive when i got pregnant and then as soon as the baby came along and he found out how much work caring for a baby was he left faster then the speed of sound and i have seen him since, i was reallly struggling and had no money and no food and had to give my baby up for adoption since i couldnt even afford a jar of baby food. I would suggest you wait until your married or at least older to have a baby, it is really hard and doing it alone is even harder. I know i cant tellyou what to do i just thought i would give you some advice from someone who has been there.
I switched bc because the orthro was too expensive to alesse and now I think I'm pregnant. Is it possible to get pregnant after switching birth controls?
It's possible to get pregnant anytime you have sex. The odds are just highly unlikely while on birth control. What makes you think you're actually pregnant. It could just be your hormones changing from the birth control switch.
I'm 5 days late for my period and I have cramping and nausea. I always take my bc on time and always have my period on time. That is why I'm worried.
It could happen. The only way you'd know for sure is by taking a pregnancy test. But like I said. It could be your body adjusting to the changes in hormones or to a different kind of pill. If you don't want to test yet, you could try waiting a week or two and seeing if it comes. Stress can also delay a period, so try not to worry about it (easier said than done, I know) and see what happens.
Thank you and I hope you're right cause I already have two children and one more will be really hard to handle right now.
I found this interesting, and terrifying. A while ago, I worked in a day care. One of the other teachers was telling me that her daughter was known as the "miracle baby" in the center. During all 9 months of the pregnancy, "mom" had her periods right on time and never gained weight. One day, she was outside with her class and asked to be relieved to go to the bathroom. She delivered her baby instead of urinating. This has made me extra cautious!
To anyone asking "am I pregnant?!" - NO ONE on this board will be able to give you an accurate answer. Get off the internet, take a test or go to the doctor. No one here some how psychically knows the answer to you problem, and a lot of what ppl are saying is partially inaccurate. Stop listening to 'pre-med' students or anyone on this site and read the information on your pill's website or call your doctor if you want some real peace of mind! (and no, some stranger telling you "you're probably not pregnant" is not good enough)

You're supposed to take a the pill at the same time everyday and use a condom for the first month for sure if you don't want to get pregnant. Technically, you should use a second method all the time....your chances of getting pregnant increase with only one method. This is really basic stuff.

YES, missing more than one pill can get you pregnant (not always)
NO, just because you have migranes (migraines), back aches, frequent urination doesn't necessarily mean you are pregnant (starting a new type pill makes you feel this for a bit sometimes...remember your body is being tricked into thinking you're pregnant!)
YES, you could get pregnant the first month you switch pills if you don't use a backup method.

It's actually really uncommon for you to get pregnant on the pill if you are taking it completely correctly. I don't think you shoudl listen to all those ppl saying "I got pregnant on the pill" because they probably took it at different times, used antibiotics, missed a pill and definitely did not successfully use a condom (and spermicide)! The pill is highly accurate when used properly...if the pill is taken properly with some other barrier method and still does not 'work' for you, you are definitely a miniscule minority and should probably be studied. lol.
I been taking my birth control pill everyday sometimes at the same time but there are time i take it late because i forgot about it. Lately i been really sick to my stomach to the point i want to throw up,have no energy and always tired,and my breast really hurt to the point i cant even touch them or move without them hurting so im think im might be pregnant but not sure because i been taking my pills everyday and i have taken to test and they have said negtive. I just quit taking my pills yetarday because i think i am pregnant but unsure so i dont know what to do any advice?
hi, im almost 20.. my boy friend and i have been engaged for 8 months.  we know were going to get married within the next few years, but were very anxious about having a baby. i have been on loestrin 24 for 7 1/2 years. i recently stopped taking the pills for three weeks now, right after my last period. could i be pregnant yet? or how long would it take..i never had regular periods. can anyone give me advice? - Romagirl
Hi started my pill again a week and a bit back. My fiancee and myself have had unprotected sex since then. How long will it take for the pill to work into my system and can I fall pregnant like that?
Go here to see how ortho tri-cyclen lo works...

http://www.thepill.com/thepill/aboutortho-how.html
A month ago i decided to go on the pill and started it but forgot to take it for a whole week, the last week of it and was having un-protected sex with my fiance could i fall pregnant?
My spouse and I want to concieve (conceive) but I jus started taking this. Loestrin24fe iv always had irregular periodsmwhat should I do??
My husband and I had unprotected sex last night. I have only been on the pill three days. Are they any chances of conception? I have just gone through a miscarriage and we are supposed to wait three months.
i have been on the pill since i was 16 and im now 21. they have changed my pills 3 times. i have a good bf and we have sex like 10 times in a week. we dont use condoms anymore. when i was 18 i got rapped and 6 weeks later i found out i was prego and had a miscarriage 4 weeks later. im not sure if it will happen again?
This might just be a dumb question but since there are the two different pills (the combination and the other) are the chances of becoming pregnant the same?  I'm on a combination pill and I've had to double up on doses several times this month and I'm not sure what my chances are of becoming pregnant so if anyone knows the answer or could share from personal experience I'd really appreciate it.
im 18 and have been taking the pill for nearly 3 months, i dont have any periods with this (lucky i know), i have missed a few days in the last few weeks, could i be pregnant..?? im confused and need some answers xx
Thank you!!!
People-if you want to get pregnant don't take the pill. If you don't want to get pregnant follow the directions on the package of your BC and use a back-up method.
hi every one i am on the pill and i have all the simptoms of being pregnant but he pulls out could i still get pregnant
Iv been on the pill for the last 8 months and have intercourse with my boyfriend regulary, but he has recently gone on antibiotics for the flu..if we have unprotected sex can the antibiotic he is using affect the pill? and can i fall pregnant?
SO I HAD SURGURY...I THINK ITS CALLED THE LEEP SURGURY AND I WAS ON THE PILL THIS IS NOW MY 4TH MONTH AND MY BODY IS LIKE CRAZY. MY PERIODS ARE SO INREGULAR AND I KNOW ITS BECAUSE OF THE SURGURY. SO EVEN THOUGH I WASNT SUPPOSE TO HAVE SEX UNTIL I WAS COMPLETLY HEALED I DID ANYWAYS AND HE CAME IN ME. AND I HAVE BE KINDA SCARED BECAUSE #1 I HAD SEX WHEN I WASN'T HEALED AND #2 THE DOCTOR SAID IT WILL TAKE A WHILE FOR THE BIRTH CONTROL TO REALLY JUST BE AFFECTIVE IN MY BODY AND I WANNA KNOW COULD I BE PREGNANT...??? AND CAN YOU EXPLAIN IT TO ME....
When women ovulate on birth control pills, it is usually the result of irregular compliance, such as a delay in taking the first pill(s) of the cycle, irregular taking of the pills or an interference caused by other medications. "Break-through" ovulation, though rare, can occur. Other changes, such as those associated with cervical mucus, may be enough to prevent conception.
i had sex like 2 days before i started my pills and i missed 4 out the pack and im on my thrid week and had ses yesterday can i get pregant
I'm 23 and my bf  is 20 i've been on the pill 3 years I want a baby so bad. It's sad but i almost want to trick him so  I can get pregnant.
I have had Doctors tell me this.  The Pill DOES NOT prevent ovulation whatsoever.  It prevents implantation...meaning that you WILL ovulate, and potentially the ova will be fertilized, but it will be UNABLE to IMPLANT on the wall of the uterus and then be expelled alongside your regular period materials.

This is going to make me seem awful but I split up with my boyfriend and im 16 I did the stupid thing and slept with someone. But back in january I had pains in my side and went to see my doctor and got very ill ,they told me that I have polysistic ovaris and that it could scar when swelling went down and could stop me from having kids.The doctor put me on the pill to stop me having periods so I wouldnt get my pain and basicly I would take the pill everyday no break buy im stupid well I forget often to take the pill but I havent bled since they put me on it in january and well I slept with the guy who I've now decided not to see again once with and once with out a condom, but basicly its been maybe over two and I started taking the pill again straight afterwards hoping I wasnt preganat or going to become  but ive now been bleeding for about a week could the pill have made me have a misscarridge ? or my bad drinking habits and smoking or possible scaring caused a misscaridge ?    And im sorry to all those mums that have to read this
If you have breakthrough bleeding when on the pill, if you were to become pregnant on the pill, would this breakthrough bleed still occur? Only ive had two light periods right on time since having unprotected sex 2 months ago and have been experiencing some pregnancy symptoms.
I have been with my partner for nearly two years and we really want a baby, I have just been put on the pill as I was having irregular periods! I want to get pregnant but I also want my periods to be regular!! I dont know what to do? If I go on the pill it's less likely for me to become pregnant! Can anyone help??
I am on the pill,have been for 3 years now, haven't had sex but my boyfriend fingered me and he had *** on his fingers. i'm 18, not ready to have a kid and worrying like crazy that i might be pregnant. what do you think?? :(
I'm a Pharmacy Technician student, and an active birth control user. (Loestrin 24 for irregular cycles due to PCOS) Take this from the person behind the counter handing you the medication: Read the PPI. (Product Package Insert) It's there to help you, not get thrown in the garbage with the white paper pharmacy bag.
Also, remember, everyone is different and sometimes becoming pregnant was not a lack of information rather than a lack of taking the right percautions. :)
If you did get pregnant, take into conideration other people cannot have children (like me) and that baby deserves a good life. So cherish it, or make sure you find someone who can.
Stay safe, stay informed! :)
ive been on the pill about a week in a half missed pills and had unprotected sex on the days i missed my pill. I started it the week i started my period.  but been off the shot a month before i got my period could i get pregnant.
ok i have been taking my pill for about 4 months or so i'd say i have missed days here and there but yesterday my bf and i relied just on my birth control and nothing else and i haven't taken a pill last night do you have to take it at the exact time every day cuz sometimes i'm 15 min early 5 min early a half hour later i have it set for me to take it at 9 every night but it's rare it's at 9 exactly does that mean it's effectiveness is lowered?
I'm 15 and I've been taking the pill for a month at roughly the same time (maybe a couple of hours late at the most) both as contraception and to help with irregular periods. Me and my boyfriend haven't had sex yet though we have a very good relationship, but we are planning on it. I'm not sure how much I trust the pill on its own, but he hates the idea of wearing a condom. We are both virgins and STI free. Any advice?
Can I get pregnant if my boyfriend cumd inside me as I've been on the pill for 6 months, I just felt sick the following morning and was concerned whether or not I should get the emergency pill?
I have been on the pill for almost a month but I have not been taking them at the same time everyday. Does this make them ineffective?
i am kinda worried a have been on Yaz bith control for about 2 months now and i never got my peried i am so worried that i may be prego i did a at home test a it came back nagative so i dont know what to do
I started the pill a few weeks ago and didn't realise you had to take 7 beige pills for it to work. I had sex after about 3 beige pills and my boyfriend came inside me. What are my chances of getting pregnant? I'm really scared
have your boyfriend put a condom on before he ejaculates if he has self-control and is able to hold it. if not, wear a condom... the pleasure is not worth an unplanned pregnancy.
One thing that has astounded me reading all these posts, is the number of people taking the pill that have no idea how their birth control even works.  Either there are a lot of doctors out there not doing their jobs properly and making sure their patients know exactly how the pill works and making sure their patients fully understand the seriousness of using it properly, or all these people are not paying attention or asking their doctors to explain it to them so they fully understand.  Here is some commonsense advice, if u don't understand how your birth control works and don't know if you are even using it properly DON'T HAVE SEX!  It's not hard to read the material that comes with your birth control or make an appointment with your doctor to go through how to use it properly again.  For all the teens having sex who aren't using their birth control properly, you should be using condoms anyway........make sure you know how to use them properly too.  There are plenty of places you can go to where for free they teach you how to use contraception.  I can't believe that a lot of the people posting here have such a lazy, ignorant attitude to protecting themselves.  Fact is for the first month of taking the pill you should be using alternative contraception or abstaining until the full hormone levels are reached in your body.  No point taking the pill for less than a week, having sex without a condom and asking if you could be pregnant, of course you could be.  Pregnancy seems to be the main concern here, noone seems to care about getting a STD.  Chlamydia is the most frequently reported bacterial sexually transmitted disease and most people who have it don't even know they have it.  Education is the best protection you will ever have and it is sad to see that so many people are lacking in proper education and putting their most precious asset at risk, their health.  Go and get some education before u start having sex and take better care of yourselves.  It's very sad to see that so many parents haven't taken the time to or are ignorant to making sure their children have been properly educated in protecting themselves.  

It also doesn't hurt to educate your children in just how difficult and what a huge responsibility it is, to raise a child responsibly.  All these teens thinking how great it would be to have a baby.......well that baby grows up.  You want to know what you have to provide, here is a list of some of those things.  Food, clothing, a house, something to sleep in (they go from a bassinet, to a cot to a bed and yes you have to upgrade as the baby grows) might want to make sure what they sleep in is certified to safety standards too, electricity, money for transport, doctors visits.  You have no idea if your baby is going to need extra medical attention, there are a whole heap of things your baby could suffer from.  I have 2 children diagnosed with Aspergers and i never ever thought when i was younger that i would have children that would need extra help, you need to be prepared for the unexpected with children.  Paediatrician costs, schooling costs.....all those extra's for excursions, performances at school etc.  Your child could struggle at school which means for parents wanting the best for their children the cost of a tutor to help them not fall behind.......believe me the teachers are overworked, underpaid, classrooms have too many children so the children get less one on one help from the teachers, are you going to spend your afternoons doing extra work with your child if they are having problems keeping up in class?  The list of costs never ends and of course there are all the birthdays, outings, christmas etc that require money.  If you are a selfless parent you will put your child first which means less money spent on yourself, less time for yourself and less support for yourself.  If you are quite happy to put your education aside to have a child as a teen how on earth can you make sure your child has the best education when you are limiting security for your families future.  Forget having a good job unless you go back and finish school and it is very hard to do with children.  Stress is something you have to learn to deal with and unfortunately the younger you are the harder it is to do that.  You want to start feeling resentful when other people your life have only themselves to worry about, can go out when they want, do what they want, have their lives in front of them to do whatever they want with.......you won't have that as a teen parent, you will have to wait a long time for it, that is if you ever get the chance to have it back.  I watch my parents working their guts out when they should be getting ready to retire because the world is changing in a way where it costs more and more to live and people are losing big chunks of their retirement money.  The days where grandparents could help look after the children are coming to an end, now the grandparents are working as well and it costs a lot of money to put your child into daycare so you can work to support your family.
*people your life* was supposed to be *people your age*.  It's a pupil free day here and i am juggling comp, kids and housework.....it's all about balance lol
Can Someone help me please?. I have started the pill 2 months ago & I've lost the third pack of pills which means I haven't taken a whole months worth & I'm scared I'm pregnant I couldn't go doctors cause I've just moved homes& I'm really scared , please someone help xx
As long as you are using the pill correctly your chances of getting pregnant are very small, unless the pills you are taking aren't designed for contraception. I've been taking microgynon 30 for 6 months and everything has worked perfectly for me - it's sorted out my irregular and heavy periods and I haven't become pregnant even though I have not been using any other methods of contraception. And before anyone tells me I am stupid for not using a condom, I am in a long term relationship with someone I know to be STI free, and he is allergic to latex. In short, the pill is a very effective method of contraception when used correctly - any good doctor should be able to tell you that.
I stayed at my boyfriends Thursday 25th to Saturday 27th August 2011. I forgot to take my pill on the Friday because I was suffering from a hang over. We had sex on Saturday 27th August in the Afternoon and I didnt take my pill till 7pm. I was wondering would there be any chance of me being pregnant?

P.s I am 18
my son was 3 months when i found out i was pregnant with my 4 kid, i had no idea i was pregnant, i went back to dr and told her that i was still feelimg sick and that the antibiotic didnt work, so she did a urine test to see if i still had urine infection
, but guess what she gave me the biggest news ever that i was pregnant again and my son was only 3 months...
I have been on the pill for three months and the first month I was taking the pill at 11:00am everyday. Now I have been bad at taking it everyday at the same time. Sunday night I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated. That Saturday I took the pill at 1:20 and on Sunday I took the pill at 3:20. Could I be pregnant? I also have been taking advil and depression medicine and my other medicine. Could that effect my pills?
well hey I am trying to get pregnant and I am taking the pill. What should I do?
So is it safe for a man to ejaculate inside you, as long as you are taking your pill regularly?
I have a question, I have been on birth control for a week an a day an I had sex last night an he nutted in me,, could I get pregnant??
I have been takeing Yazmin for a month now. I started having sex while I was just one it for a week and a half and now I am suppose to be on my period and nothing??? Any thoughts PLEASE, I just moved to a new place any from all my family. HELP.
I have been takeing Yazmin for a month now. I started having sex while I was on it for a week and a half and now I am suppose to be on my period and nothing??? Any thoughts PLEASE, I just moved to a new place any from all my family. HELP.
I have a question,I've only got 21 pills because me&my boyfriend have decided its time to have sex, seven days before we have sex I started taking the pill same time everyday!then we had sex,I've conued to use the remaning pills same time everyday,but when they are finished and I have none could there be a possibility I could become pregnant?xxx
I started taking birthcontroll in sept. And took it for a week and three days and stop cause my breast was hurting bad. So I had breakthrough bleeding and went to the doctor she gave me pills to make the bleeding stop and i took them for seven days and stop and my doc gave me some more lo birthcontroll pills I took them for three weeks and stop cause I was feeling dizzyie and nausea.i had sex in sept the last of the month but no breakthrough after this one in october could I be pregant .
i take the pill everyday at 10am, im on the dianna/estelle. ive never missed a day. my periods hasnt come yet, it usally takes a while for it to come anyway, but the other night i had somthing like a cramp and in the morning i found brown spotting on my pad and there has been no blood since. im a little worried, but it has to be impossible that im pregnant?
What if you are on a low dose birth control, like I'm on Errin, and I don't let him finish in me but he pre cums while in me. Could I get pregnet ?
Last year i got pregnant as i wasnt on the pill. During this i had a lot of symptoms such as awfull sickness(not just the mornings but all day!!) and some brown distarge. However i had a miscarraige (miscarriage). Since then i have been on the pill and have taken it same time everyday however, the last month or so i have missed a few and took some late. I have been needing the loo every 2 seconds and have been really tired and had some distarge, but no sickness!? Could pregnancy syptoms (symptoms) be different whilst on the pill?!?
mmkay soo i was on antibiotics for 4 days, i didnt take my birthcontroll for that for days my boyfriend busted in me an the next day he busted all over me down there but not in me. What are the chances of my being pregooo?
The pill that contains estrogen is intended to prevent ovulation, in rare cases it won't work properly, but it's rare.  The pill that has progesterone is the one that thickens the uterine wall, preventing implantation.  There are pills that contain both estrogen and progesterone.  

It sounds like the one you have been on is the one that contains only progesterone.  
i had sex last month and i got my periods on taking contraceptive..bt this month i didnt get my periods still.can i become pregnant
If you're worried about the effectiveness of the pill, why don't you use a condom too??
i had sex with two guys that i went out with an my period just got done like 2 days ago and im on the pill i was on it for 3 yrs now do you think im prego
i have been on Yasmin for about three months, on the 17th of december i forgot to take my pill sue to a hangover but i took 2 on the 18th i then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and he ejaculated inside me can i be pregnant?
okay I had unprotected sex and that night I forgot to take the pill, then the next day I took it. Can I still get pregnant, and if so will taking the pill hurt the baby? I need a response asap. Im kinda worried about this.
i really need yor help guys i missed my pills for 3days n i had sex im scared to start
drink my pills again my bf is scared that i get pregnat
i had my period only for 2 days then the other day i had sex with out condom now is about 4month i drinked my 21days pill can u help meeeee!!!!!!!!!! please
If you don't get the doodle you don't get pregnant. ohh and might want to wait a few weeks before the doodle.
:)
Blowjobs are the best way to please a man without having to worry about getting pregnant.
Dr. Stan
Do I have chlamydia?
Dr. Stan
I have been taking the pill for years, and had switched my GENERIC birth control pill for a "stronger" one. Well, had red wine on Dec. 16 lead into Dec. 17 - one time took off condom that wasnt umm behaving? I wasn't concerned given a) never got pregnant on pill in decades b) 99.2%.effective! c) never heard of anyone getting pregnant on pill! d) I'm habitual - such a part of routine, take same time every morning before brush teeth. I'M AWESOME - NOT. Went for annual bloodwork following week. HgC levels? >25 ~ 26 point something offhand to be exact. No. Way. Impossible. 4 more exams of blood done. Same. Went to a 2nd Doctor. 2 blood exams. All >25 HgC. How in 5 days since sex was I pregnant already? And how could it be detected so soon? I learned how... I had not been with anyone for 3 months prior either, think my levels would be TAD bit higher. Sonogram confirms Dec. 17-22 2011 Conception Date Since My Partners Sperm Stay Swimming For 5 Days and since the reasons the Pill failed me now known - lucky me - PRIME TIME DURING/PRE OVULATION FOR AN EGG TO DROP.  I SO THOUGHT THIS DIDN'T OCCUR: WHY ELSE WOULD WE TAKE THE PILL? NOW A WORLD OF KNOWLEDGE SURROUNDS ME: A) I WAS ON ANTIBIOTICS STILL (LEVAQUIN 750 MG FOR 10 DAYS, BAD UPPER RESPITORY INFECTION) IN DEC B) ANTIBIOTICS 2X IN NOVEMBER FOR PRE-DENTIST (AMOXYCILLAN) AND THAT UPPER RESPITORY HORROR WHICH STARTED IN SEPTEMBER (ADD TO LEVAQUIN 750 MG, AUGMENTIN 1500 MG A DAY! FOR TWO WEEKS) C) RED WINE A STAPLE D) MY OTHER MEDS: FERROUS SULFATE, PRILOSEC, LORATIDINE (RX CLAIRITIN), CLONAZEPAM AS NEEDED E) GENERIC, MUCH WEAKER INDEED.

I'm upset with myself that I didn't know this but I feel like women especially, should not have to be our  own doctors? Why wouldn't ONE OB/GYN OR INTERNIST OR ANY DOCTOR OR PHARMACIST MENTION THIS? Not my profession, its theirs for a reason.

Of course it gets better: I wasnt ready, certainly with a guy I knew, but we Just had our first of 3-4 intimate moments till the am, using a condom all the other times THOUGH - LEAKAGE ONE TIME AS WELL (SORRY FOR BEING SO FRANK, BUT I KNOW YOU HAVE ALL BEEN THERE!).

I wondered why he said upon my telling him (and we both went away overseas for 1 & 2+ weeks. Me after Christmas, him the 22 Dec-Jan 4) "I'm shocked but accept everything". Then ignored me until this week. Long story still, last night I wondered upon seeing him, how he could keep asking me "what's wrong? What are u thinking about?" Then asked me why I didn't want wine. He actually said "You're still pregnant. No. You were on the pill. We're not pregnant" because I noted his moronic wine comment, then when asking him, what does he feel/think, he got annoyed and said "STOP IT! YOU'RE NOT PREGNANT! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE" - NOT FEELING TOO GREAT RIGHT NOW, THOUGH I GET WHY HE NEVER ASKED ONE THING NOW. I WONDER IF IT'S POSSIBLE TO HAVE A TEST THAT SHOWED LEVELS OF THE HORMONES FROM THE PILL SPECIFICALLY THEN? DUMBEST QUESTION EVER ASKED, BUT OF COURSE I GOT THE "NOW I DON'T BELIEVE U WERE ON THE PILL" BS. I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH SOMEONE LIKE HIM, NOW THAT I KNOW HIS TRUE COLORS, BUT AT 36 IF I DON'T HAVE AN ABORTION, I OF COURSE WANT TO KNOW HIS FAMILIAL GENETICS. AND, IF BABY WANTS TO SEEK OUT DADDY, BABY DESERVES IT, AND HE HAS RIGHTS. And here I thought I was being nice by telling him ASAP, because I believe he has a right to a say in the decision. Sorry for the long winded message, I don't fancy being told this is all make believe. He wouldn't have been the one I would have one day liked to have children with either, though men tend to think much of themselves I see now with such matters - thanks for your time and advice :)
I'm in nursing school, and you can get pregnant from a personal mistake of missing a day of taking the pill. You also ovulate 14 days after any first day of your period. Anyone can get pregnant on the pill. Just make sure to double up on protection!
Wil i get pregnant after takin the pill and i don't know how it is.i took only a pill in the next afternoon.so can any one tell me how i wil know whether i am pregnant or not?
Can any one tell me is it taking a pill is ok or need to take more?
My partener and i (both in our 20s are trying to pregnant. My mother is very controling and makes me change my patch every sunday while she'd over at my house (She checks! it's horrible!) Is there a way to get pregnant purposfully whie on the patch??? (My mother and i have had many a long argument about this, she wants her grandchildren born in wedlock - don't plan on getting married- something about god, shame and other stuff I don't care to listen too.)

*** We have our own place and steady jods***
I have been taking pills for almost a year and half.but most likely i missed drinking it in aday thats why i drnk 2 pills on the next day.this day of the month i already stopped drinking.is it possible that i can get prgnant after  month..because i feel something also now and also i vomit this past few days
Hi girls,

I have a question and was wondering if anyone had been in the same boat at all.
SO, I was overseas in January and on Diane-35. My partner and i went to liverpool and i forgot my packet at his parents house where we were staying. Anyways so i missed 4 pills from the 6th-9th January and got my breakthrough bleed on the 10th-11th. Because we had intercourse while we were away i was scared of being pregnant so i didnt continue taking the pill. Then 2 weeks 4 days later i stupidly decided to begin a new pill pack, when i still hadn't had my period.
Since then I've had extremely sore breasts but especially my nipples which are starting to get better, I have also become very bloated. The last week or so i have been having some vaginal discharge that is clear and somes a very light yellow lotiony colour, there is no odour, itchyness, etc at all.

So my question is does anyone think i may be pregnant i did a home test a week ago which was negative but just cant relax about it. i have a doctors app. on monday.

Thanks :)

ps. i know i was very irresponsible with the pill it was a once off!
im 18 yrs old, ive been with my bf for 5 mnths, weve been "consistantly" having sex for about 2 and a half months. a few weeks ago we had sex while i was on my period, and i know its ALOT easier to get pregnant on your period. oh i forgot to mention im on birth control (ortho lo) and ive been on it for 2 months... can i still get pregnant while on my period and on the pill? (we always have unprotected sex but lately ive been feeling uneasy about it (feeling a bit nauseas during the day, breast enlargement, tenderness and swelling; mood swings; but no morning sickness, though im just getting over a cold) and my mom has even mentioned my slight weight gain and my breast size almost a full cup size increase... am i pregnant, crazy, or just gaining weight and boobs from my pills and eating habits?

thanks for the help!
You absolutely can get pregnant if you are on the pill ... my child is testament to that.  

If you are taking antibiotics, BE SURE to use a condom or other means of contraception along with your pills.

Years ago, it was not made known to women that antibiotics could wipe out the effectiveness of your birth control pills.  Tetracycline is particularly potent.  

After a serious auto accident and two following surgeries ( and because I had heart issues and the risk of infection could be deadly to me ) I was on a heavy regimen of antibiotics ( including Tetracycline ) and steroids.   I also missed taking two of my pills because I was in the hospital without access to them.   Nine months later, I was a single mom at the ripe old age of 22.

We used to think ( and some women still do ) that birth control pills are a fool-proof shield against unplanned pregnancy.   Not so.  Be very, very careful if you are put on antibiotics.
Can you get pregnant after only being on Tri-Previfem for 2 weeks? Claimed to hae never missed and roughly the exact same time eery time taken. Curiosity for my Great niece. I worry about her and shes scared to look up any info herself. I dont know much about that specific pill and was wandering if anyone did?
TY.
I have missed 2 pills & took them the next morning, and my other pills at regular time. Can you get pregnant like that with unprotected sex?
i was woundering i come on my period 6days early and only been on for 3days. i am in the pill and havent forgotten any, i have been feeling unwell for 3days now feelin sick, tierd and havin a bad tummy. i was just woundering, could i be pregnent?
when you're pregnant, you dont get your period. most women get spotting, i didnt though. i wasnt able to eat much, id be starving like crazy and eat a half a piece of bread and be full the whole day. theres kindof like an instinct thing in your mind.. i dont knoww about you but i dont have to keep track of my periods cuz it just clicks in my brain telling me its gonna come soon..  its kinda the same thing. i had constant nausea for a couple months and cramps, often going to the washroom, mixed emotions like mad sad happy in a really short time..

the thing with the pill is that is kindof does the same thing to you. im on it and this is the 2nd time i take it and youre most likely to gain weight and get worse headaches and nausea because it screws around with your hormones like if you were pregnant almost.. also on the pill just like when youre pregnant, your breasts get reaaaal sore. when i was pregnant it was almost unbearable lol..

i hope ive anwered a few questions :)
a week ago i came off the implanon. the doctor prescribed me levora, which is a form of the pill about two months ago due to some comlications with the implanon... i want to have a baby now, so if i stop taking the pill now, will i get pregnant?
No it won't do anything to the baby. There were no studies of anything happening after getting pregnant while on birth control.
If u have 1 tube and never fall pregnant 4 2years of trying do you think starting the pill and missing it during time of ovulation will help me conceive?
If you're worrying about your mom getting mad at you, you're obviously not old enough or mature enough to have a child. Finish school, get a job, wait until your in a long and happy relationship. And then wait some more. We don't need more people and their children on welfare. Don't be an idiot.
I BEEN ON DEPO FOR 3 YRS AND STARTED THE PILL A WK AND 3 DAYS AGO BUT HAD SEX, IS THERE ANYWAY I COULD BE PREGO???
I got on the pill two weeks ago and i had took them and then had unprotected sex and then two days later i took the pill and a week later i had unprotected sex again twices in one day and i had ran out of the pills so two days later i started my period could i be pregnant
I have taken the pill for ten years. The pill dose not stop ovulation.. What it dose is thickens your uterus so no egg can attach itself to the womb.. Think people need to look at the packet before taking. Its 99,8% affective but nothing is ever 100%. I now think i might be pegnant but also i suffer from p.i.d and they both create the same symptoms. Dont go on the implate as ive known too meny women go crazy on ut due to the high hormones within it. Nothing is 100%. Go for the pill and comdom there for you have more chance of not being pregnant. Look up the pill as it will tell you what ive said.. If it stoped ovulation you wouldnt have a period. Wish people got there facts right.
I have been on the pill for 2 weeks and 1 day now and I had unprotected sex 4 days ago and again 2 days ago. I have been really good about taking my pills every evening at 8 pm but the first day I had unprotected sex, I forgot to take it but took it the next day, and I also missed one the second time I had unprotected sex but took it the next day. I have an app on my phone called Period Tracker and according to my calender, I was fertile during that week and 2 days ago when I had unprotected sex for the second time, I was ovulating. Is there a chance I could be pregnant?

I took the Depo Provera from July-December 2011 and I didn't use any other form of birth control besides condoms since I started using my current birth control pill which, like I said, I just started 2 weeks ago. It's called Norg-Ethin Estra (generic for ortho-cyclen)

Me and my boyfriend want a baby. I quit taking my birth control about a week ago. But I have missed so many pills because I forgot to take them... But now we are trying to have a baby and I quit taking them. How long will it take to know if I'm ovulating at all again? How long would it take for me to get pregnant? When I was 15 I had a miscarriage. I've been scared that I can't get pregnant. I want a baby so bad it's drivin me crazy!
Hi, I have been taking Aviane 21 BC, but I got confused and stopped them a week to soon, my last period was Oct 31, had sex with my partner Nov 9 till  Nov 13 while on the pill, he had to travel on the 13 so no more sex, and i was away on the 16 and forgot to take my pill, thinking i was at the end of the cycle and haven't had sex since the 13 i taught i was safe, but since i didn't get a period i check on the dates and realize i did stopped them a week to soon, now is Dec 13 still no period, negative home preg tests, have a history of not showing positive until 7 or 8 weeks preg if i am i should be 6 weeks now, this wait is driving my partner and me nuts, don't know what to think of it; i should have had my period after taking pills for 2 weeks; I'm 39, don't know if it might be a sign of menopause,
how long was you in the pill for and also was you on anyother contreption sorry cant spell as i was on implant now on pill and just wondered if i could as been on pill 3 weeks
hey im 20 years old and me and my fiancé had a opps well im 3 weeks in on my bc and I have no idea what the chances are ,...
OMFG!! First up there are some really dumb people on this site,you're asking questions but not listening to answers - maybe read before blindly posting.

Second of all this convo is so scare mongering, i've been taking the pill for about 3-4 years now, my boyfriend and I don't really use condoms and I've never been pregnant (yet!) Because I take my pill on time and it's 99.2% effective, I mean taking it properly and an effective rate of 99% shouldn't that be enough?
I am in a simular situation and just need reassurance; me and my partner have protected sex by using the Yasmin Pill and condom however the condom had split; i wasnt sure if he finished all inside me but i am worried as there could be a chance of this; i have never missed taking a pill, ive been on it for about 2 years now and was wanting reasurrance of what i should do next as my pill finishes within 5 days. Thank you
I am turning 18 next month, I have been on birth control for about 2 or 3 months, due to Ovarian Cysts which I have a 5 cm hemoglyphic on the rght side, and I'm not sure if the one on the left is still there, me and my bf had interintercourse last night unprotected, I know it is very earlt but I'm scared and idk if I could get pregnant?
i have been taking yasmin bc pill for about 3 weeks, and i had unprotected sex with my husband, would i get pregnant??
I'm on birth control but I did not refill my prescription in time so I went a day without it after my period. My first day being back on the pill I had unprotected sex, 14 days later I had spotting but just for one day. it is now time for my period and I am a day late and just started spotting instead of a period. Am I pregnant?
I was on bc for a couple months and then stopped because I'm trying to get pregnant.  can I just take one pill tonight to help stop my period without it effecting me trying?