Can yeast infection cause frequent urination?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm getting a little anxious.  A week ago I had some frequent urination and a little pressure so I assumed it was a UTI.  Went to the doctor and they took a urine sample right there.  Told me I had a UTI and put me on 7 days of Macrobid.  The office called later and said that I had WBCs and a little blood in the urine but that the culture was negative for bacteria so no UTI.  So I went to the gyno yesterday and he said I had a pretty bad yeast infection and possibly a bacteria that he would have to get back to me on at the end of the week.  I took my first pill and the itching and burning has went down but I have frequent urination!  Could the yeast somehow bother the urinary tract?  Im trying not to worry that its something else but have never had this before.
The urge of frequent urination can be due to diabetes mellitus. Other possibilities are glomerulonephritis, pyelonephritis(inflammation of the kidneys),urinary tract infection, hypercalcemia, hypokalemia(low potassium),hyperthyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, diuretic drugs and pregnancy.

In my opinion, investigations like kidney functions, blood sugar levels, ultrasound lower abdomen ,intravenous pyelography , pregnancy blood test, thyroid function tests and cystoscopy may be needed to confirm a diagnosis. I sincerely advise you to consult a urologist or nephrologist and get yourself evaluated so that a confirmatory diagnosis can be made. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and getting the uroflowmetry test done which actually tests the emptying of the urinary bladder.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.