Can you get pregnant while on your period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-210 comments:
Can you get pregnant during your period? FYI
The debate on whether or not a woman can get pregnant during her period has been going on for decades now. Just like every woman is different, so are her hormonal balances and hence her menstrual cycle. Though there are generalities on which some ground basics of menstruation and pregnancy can be formed, but eventually it all boils down to individual physiology. So, yes, you can get pregnant during your periods.

Wow on all sides! You all remember how rough being a teenaged girl is. I do cause I now have three teenaged daughters and two teenaged sons so I can't forget lol. Young ladies please, find out everything you can about your bpdies before jumping into anything. If  you decide to become sexually active, tell your Mom if you can to get some sort of protection. If you have to go to family planning where your parent won't find out but protect yourselves always. Always use a condom to prevent STDs cause the pill and shot and all will do NOTHING to prevent STDs. I have two girls on bc pills.  One to regulate her cycle  (shes still a virgin) and one for bc purposes cause at 38 I don't want to be a grandma and I want her to be young as long as she can cause adulthood comes up and bites us in the butt way too quickly lol
hi i wos jus wondering if you can giv me sum advice. i had sex wit my boyfriend 08/11/07. we used one condom then we changed over 2 anova, and the condoms did not split. but the second condom he used kept on slippin down and we had 2 keep on pulling it up (the condom did cover the tip of his penis). he did *** a bit in the condom and one of us wos wet, (i hope it wos me!), i wos tinkin when we wos doing it if sum of his *** slippd out. my period wos due 5 days after we had sex, but came exactly 2 weeks after we had sex (22/11/07). The 3rd day after we did, my belly wos really paining me i cldent move. For the whole two weeks my stomach has constantly been hurting me. and i have been needing 2 go toilet more than usual, my breasts wos hurting me. so im jus wondering if u think deres a chance of me bein pregnant even thou i came on my period two weeks after i had sex. thank you
"For the whole two weeks my stomach has constantly been hurting me. and i have been needing 2 go toilet more than usual, my breasts wos hurting me. so im jus wondering if u think deres a chance of me bein pregnant even thou i came on my period two weeks after i had sex."

That happened to me also, i got off my period [10-22-07] and me and my b/f had been having sex ever since [10-26-07] then.. a couple weeks afterwards.. i started getting all of those pains in my lower stomach and my breasts were very sore, i'd get really dizzy and nauseated easily.. and then a couple weeks after that i started my period and it was the worst it had ever been.. it was horrible.... but now i'm off and still having the same problems... idk what it could be.. could i be pregnant? eventhough i had my period... or could it be something else?          i'm going to the doc sometime this week either way.. i was just wanting to know what some of you out there thought... would be much appreciated!
Ok me and my boyfriend had sex and he nutted in me. I came on my period, but i really think i am pregnant. I have been sleeping alot and eating like all the time but throwing up evrything i eat. is it possible that i am pregnant?
Yea theres a possibility that you're pregnant. Take a test as soon as you can.
okay so i had my period for the month of november like the 2-8 i did this study for birth control and started my period again on the 14-18th.  my period was light but still wore a tampon. usually i am really heavy.  well my thing is i had sex like two days later while i was still spotting.  can i get pregnant from that.  i am cramping and my boobs are swollen and its around the same time of the second cycle.  I have taken many test and thought one of them could  have said i was but wasnt sure.  please can anyone help?
i've been on the depo shot for about 6 months.. and its not normal because most people dont bleed while they are on it.. well i've been bleeding the whole time i've been on depo.. i wont get pregnant right because im bleeding and on the shot right??
I love to hear that you are in love, but you are young and you talk about you two a lot. Just my opinion is, think of yurself first, do not think of y0u as a part of him, if he ever goes, you have to be the priority in your own life. Think in you and do not let him take care of you using condoms, you take care of yourself with your own methods and understand them well before you do them,this is not a joke, it is your body, your life, not of both of you. If you had problems before, then think what are you doing wrong to yourself to have those problems, you should have no problems at all if you are careful and responsible. If he really loves you, he should not risk you at all. As a good person, I just want the best for the young girls, and you should be very careful and take care of yourself. Do not trust anyone that tells you that they will always help you, because you are alone, fighting in this world. And this was a warning in your head that made you think, but what if you are pregnant next time or this time, that baby is going to be yours and you will not be young anymore to continue your life as a student, you will have to be a mom and respond for the future of the baby.
Well, enough, just take care of yourself, and be very smart. Don't trust anyone. You are YOU.
That is my opinion and I am very conservative person.
i just had unprotected sex yesterday and i started my period today and i am suppose to get it in 2 weeks can i be pregnant?
im 17 and i had sex with my bf today and i was wondering what to check in 14 days to assure myself cuz we used a condom and it hurt so i pulled out and we stopped.
am i fine?

am i fine?

am i fine?

im on my period and i had sex with my bf...can i get pregnant?
if you used a condom and pulled out then u are okay!! nothing came out of him and nothing came in you! lol! so u are gonna be fine...but im concernd that it hurt...was it ur first time?
wow.... all this preaching...my turn...GREAT ADVICE LADIES, but you all are falling short of a few other things they should be worried about if they are having unprotected sex.  here's the short of the long....STDs are almost always spread from person to person by sexual intercourse, but STDs can also be spread through oral sex.  Here's a short list :)
Chancroid,Chlamydia,Crabs (and yes those little fellows are just as hard to get rid of as lice.),Gonorrhea,Hepatitis,Herpes,Human Papillomavirus/Genital Warts,
Lympogranuloma Venereum,Molluscum,Contagiosum,Nongonococcal Urethritis (NGU), Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), Scabies, Syphilis, Vaginitis, oh and lets not forget AIDS/HIV.  Some of these are treatable, but none are cureable.  They all leave lasting effects, even if you don't know you have, or have had it.  Some of these can even affect the CHILD that having unprotected sex produced.  so all in all, what's the best thing for you to do, JUST STOP, that easy, doesn't require much thought.  You will be happier in the long run, and when you get married so will your husband.  NO ONE WANTS SOMEONE ELSE'S SLOPPY SECONDS

could you get pregnant if your partner did alot of meth i mean since he was young or do the chemicals in his body prevent it from happening.............i need 2 knoe as soon as possible
i was over my boyfriends house and we ended up having sex, but it was the last day of my period and it was very light so i thought it was ok, but when he pulled it out the condom broke so i went to the bathroom and cleaned up as much as i could. do you think i could be pregnant?
yes! go get that pill. my best friend believed that she could not get pregnant while on her period. now i have a beautiful 4 year old god-daughter...

if you are not on the pill you can get pregnant on your period!!

also for future reference the plan B pill can disrupt your natural cycle for a few months, and if you are sexually active it is ALWAYS in your best interest to be on birth control! most places have clinics where you can get these prescriptions cheap. check out your local planned parenthood!
see my post above.
and know that it is better to get the plan B pill and have peace of mind then it is to have to face a month of wondering. you cannot clean out semen. it basically shoots up into you. and it is possible to get pregnant by pre-***. do not take chances with your life!!
daddys_babygirl- its not likely that you would have gotten pregnant on the last day of your period. it can happen but its so rare. not many ppl will ovulate that quickly!

and i dont recomend plan b, if your pregnant (which i doubt) then it was ment to happen. plan b messes with your body way too much! and pixy79s making it seem like you can totally get pregnant on your period and and your prob are. its not very common and yeah you can still get pregnant when your even on the pill. the only way to make sure you dont get pregnant is by not having sex.
i think you misinterpreted what i said. i never told her she was probably pregnant- only that it is possible. and that for peace of mind it is a good idea to go to a doctor and get plan B. it can disrupt your cycle but isnt dangerous.
and second of all.... meant to happen is up to daddys baby girl. its not up to anyone else, that is a theological question.
i had sex during the second day of my period is it likely that i could get pregnant if he finished inside of me??
not likely during your period but it can happen but its doubtful. use protection next time
- Im 17 years old.
- i had a boyfriend and 2 weeks ago we slept together unprotected but i took my pill like 7 hours after.
-  I came on my period last week for 3 days and then i stopped.
- Yesterday i started spotting for a couple of hours then turned into a period and stopped.  ive been feeling sick, lightheaded,not being able to sleep.
- What could this be

From Jessie
the same thing happen to me tooo.but i haven t been taking my pills at all n my boifriend came in me ever since sun untill today ..i mean dat doesnt mean that im preg......? right
not takeing pills nad letting a guy *** inside you does not mean your pregnant.

your on a path towards that but it doesnt mean your pregnant at this moment.
who ever is saying you can't get pregnant on your period is not right....it is less likely but it can still happen....now the fact that you are taking birth control safe guards you...and you probably will not be pregnant....but crazier things have happened. Your best bet would be to stop having sex.....because there is always that small chance that you can get pregnant....and the even larger one that you can catch an std.......Like hpv which spreads even with a condom. And Herpes also. If someone is to young to have children they really should not be having sex....and even though it is hard for anyone to deal with std's......at 15 or 16 it is even harder....don't scar yourself by behaving recklessly. I know using protection and birth control is very smart, a lot of people don't...but there is always that small chance.....be careful.
greenpixie said you can't get pregnant on your period, BUT THAT IS NOT TRUE. you can.

* just so everyone who reads this knows
yeh ive just had anal sex wiv my guy and it was unprotected well because we didnt no we were going to do anything ive just started my period this month n i was wandering is there a hight chance i shuld get the morning after pill as its a week end and hardly any wheres open HELP!!!!!
I am on birth control. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex and he came in me about 10 days ago. The same day I was about an hour or 2 late on taking my pill. I stopped the pill yesterday to try and get my period because I am worried I can be pregnant from not taking the pill on time. What do you think?

When having sex, is it the pill the day before or the one right after that counts the most?
you can get pregnant on the pill even if you forget to take your pill. missing your pills lessens the effectiveness of it.

your just going to have to wait and take a test
I am 23 yrs. old and have 3 kids already. I am married, and my hubby and I use condoms for protection. Last week, I was on the last day of my period, and we well, you know. We didn't use a condom because I was told not to worry about it. I decided to read up on it, and come to find out I can get pregnant. Are the chances of me being pregnant pretty high? I have pretty reg. periods 28-31 days apart. He did go all the way, so am just curious! Please someone respond back!!!!
you should know that theres never a circumstance where using a comdom is something "not to worry about" because you can always get pregnant even on your period. while its very rare it does happen. espeically at the end of your period.

you run a risk of getting pregnant but its not that high
For all those wondering if you can get pregnant during your period - I had unprotected sex twelve years ago with my then partner, five days into my period. The outcome is now 11 years old and sitting in the bath upstairs as I write this.... So the answer is most definitely YES YOU CAN!!!
hi  i am a guy 21 years of age.  i meat a very attractive woman in a night club she is a modal and 35 years old. we had sex after week one. she takes a lot of speed i don't do drugs my self!! we had sex and i was drunk I used a condom but it split during sexual inter course. i am very worried she will get pregnant. if i was to have a child i wouldn't want it to go bad!! as i haven't seen my parents since i was 6..... sorry if this isn't relevant. i am not ready for children yet. i want a good job and a lucrative home income. and more importantly some one i truly love.
you should also get yourself tested. your main concern shouldnt be only about getting her pregnant.

what exactly is your qustion. theres nothing you can do now but wait to see if she gets her period
i posted here like a year ago thinking i was pregnant.
and now i was diagnosed with PCOS. this whole time i was thinking i could get pregnant and now it hit me that it was all in my dam head. i cant get pregnant on my own.

i hope you are all eternally grateful to God or whatever you pray to, for your fertility.

it is something precious.
Yes you can get pg while on your period, you CAN ovulate during your period. My OB told that..even if you fall pg sometimes you can still ovulate even though your already pg.
its very rare and unlikely to get pregnant while on your period
what about having unprotected sex then a couple days later getting your period like regular will there be a chance you can still have gotten pregnant?
had unprotected sex on my period then stop 2days later can i be pregnant
I%2Bdo%2Bnot%2Brecomend%2Bhaving%2Bsex%2Bwhen%2Byou%2Bare%2Ba%2Bteenager.%2BI%2Bknow%2Bfrom%2Bexperience.%2BI%2Bgot%2Bpregnant%2Bwhile%2Bin%2B11%2Bth%2Bgrade.%2BIt%2Bhas%2Bbeen%2Bhard%2Bfor%2Bme.%2BI%2Bdidnt%2Bhave%2Btime%2Bto%2Bgrow%2Bup%2Bmyself.%2Bdont%2Bget%2Bme%2Bwrong%2Bi%2Bdont%2Bregret%2Bmy%2Bkids.%2BI%2Bam%2Bnow%2B25%2Bwith%2B4%2Bkids.%2BThey%2Ball%2Bbelong%2Bto%2Bmy%2Bhusband%2Bwho%2Bi%2Bgot%2Bwith%2Bwhen%2Bi%2Bwas%2Bonly%2B15,%2Bbut%2Bnow%2Bwe%2Bare%2Bsplit%2Bup%2Band%2Bits%2Bthe%2Bkids%2Bwho%2Bare%2Bsuffering.
If you have unprotected sex at anytime there is a chance you could become pregnant.
But it's less likely to happen at the beginning of your period, so i was told..
I was stupid, but i had unprotected sex, first day of my period (i was drunk) and i fell pregnant.
I suffer from PCOS too so my periods are irregular, doesn't make me infertile however.
The only way you'll get proper answers to YOUR question though is to go out there and answer them yourself.
Get a home test or two.
Go to the doctor.

And if you don't want a baby, either don't have sex or use a ******* condom for God's sakes.

my boyfriend and i are sexually active & had unprotected sex on my period. it began on april 1st & ended april 4th. we had intercourse and he ejaculated in me on april 2nd twice. i know  i can get pregnant but question is how long till i know i am? i have recently been feeling nausea before sleep and after sleep and i never had that feeling before.
My periods have been pretty normal my boyfriend and i have been having unprotected sex only he doesnt finish inside he pulls out. Three days before my period came he finished a little inside me i was wondering if i could be pregnant considering i got my period after like normal? Theres really no difference with me aside from cramping and slight nausae after my period ended which make me wonder if i could be pregnant.
i want to hav sex bhut i jus dont kno. imean i feel like im ready b cus i already almost lost iht one time b4...bhut i hav a boifren i jus dont want to do iht with hym...???im confuzdd nn im only 14!!!!!
I am Ann,I had sex on the last day of my period which started on the 30th of december and on the fifth day being the 3rd I had sex with my boyfriend,though I was still seeing little drops on my undies.my breast fills heavy and tender.it's scary.can I be pregnant?how possible is this.I saw d initial one on the first of december
Hi, I'm new to thiss I juss wanted to know something.  . . Me and my boyfriend had sex the last day on my period and actually finished inside me,  we didn't use protection. After that we had sex like two days later and he finished to without protection , and they were during my ovulating days.  Does that increase my chances of being pregnant?
Viewing 201-210 comments: