Can you still get pregnant with endometriosis???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I was just wondering, there is a good chance I have endometriosis. I have had fibroids in the past. Me and hubby trying to get pregnant, can I still get pregnant with endometriosis??? Anyone dealt with this??? It is SO hard, right now, my cousin, my sister-in-law and two of my friends are all expecting. I'm so depressed over this. Please help!!! =( Me and hubby been married almost 7 years (next month). I'm 26, so I was only 19 when I got married and didn't want kids at first. Hubby is 28.  We've been trying for a month or so. But it's discouraging knowing so many who are pregnant now, and not being one of them. I want to be happy for them, but I find myself jealous.  Isn't that HORRIBLE???!!!  My periods have been regular since I've been off the pill for a few months.  So what's the deal?? Also, another question, any tips to help fertility???  And when I do know when I'm ovulating exactly???
Thanks!!!
firstly it is still possible.. every case is different though.Seeing your doctor is the first thing to do, then the severity of your case can be assessed by ultrasound or lap.
Feeling jealous or resentful....also normal, i should think a good percentage of women who are trying have had those feelings so dont beat yourself up about it!!
I found the best way to check for ovulation was by taking my temperature,but you have to be scientific.. same time every day and keep a graph to show you the peaks!(a good sign of ovulation)
Alternativley you can ovulation sticks from the pharmacy, i found these work out expensive and that a thermometer was a much better indication!but most women find that they just want to have sex more around the time of ovulation anyway...trust your body!!! I hope this is helpful, keep us informed as to how you are getting on, GOOD LUCK!!!!
First off, jealousy, though not pretty, is normal. I use to allow myself one day, alone, of aweful, mean, green to the bone jealousy when yet another friend would announce their pregnancy. I would cry and scream or whatever else would escape my senses (without anyone seeing or hearing) for that one day. After that, I'd send flowers and make that tough call of congratulations with a cheerful and sincere heart.

Being pregnant is an exciting and beautiful thing. Getting pregnant can be hard. Is it very typical to take normal healthy women anywhere from 6 months to a year to get pregnant. Don't worry too much if it didn't work on the first month. Worrying can act as a negative in the world of conception.

If after 6 months you are not pregnant, or if you are expecting symptoms that aren't sitting right with  you, go see your doctor. Most times endometriosis clears itself up with pregnancy. Of course there are more extreme cases where it is stopping the normal routine of ovulation, etc. Endometriosis can be diagnosed by an out-patient procedure called a laporoscopy. I'd just enjoy the trying process for a while. Good luck!

I'm not completely familiar with endometriosis, but I do know that it can interfere with fertility.  I've known 2 women that had it who were unable to get pregnant.  BUT, I also know that it is still possible.  Having endometriosis does not automatically make you infertile.  Just be prepared that it may take you a while to get pregnant.  As far as increasing your fertility, there are a lot of things you can try.  I can't speak to their effectiveness because we are only in our 3rd month of TTC.  Beleive it or not, the average time it takes is 6 months!  To begin, start BBT charting.  The advantages are: knowing when you ovulate, keeping track of your cycle, determining the length of your luteal phase, and having your own record in case you ever need to share it with a fertility DR.  Disadvantages: somewhat of a hassle & it takes a bit of the romance out of your sex life.  You may also try vitamin B6 and a Vitex/Chasteberry tincture.  These are supposed to balance your hormones.  Red raspberry leaf is supposed to strengthen and tone your uterus and most herbal tea brands make it.  Research these herbs a little further to get more info before you start taking them.  You may also consider seeing an accupuncturist, as some people swear by them.  As far as the jealousy goes, it does not make you a horrible person.  It only makes you human.  Good luck to you!
Thanks, so much everybody. It's nice to know other people have the same feelings about these things. Makes me feel a little better. Green--where do I get that tincture stuff? Can I get at Wal-mart, or do I have to go to an herbal store??? Also what's your story??? I really appreciate everyones help. Thanks!!!!

"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;"
Jeremiah 1:4
I haven't had endometriosis, but I do have the impatient jealous syndrom (syndrome).  I cried when I got my period after trying so hard the first month.  I thought I was overreacting, but it's perfectly normal to have these feelings.  I went through my sister-in-law's two pregnancies, my friend 2 years younger than me (who got pregnant), and another friend 5 years younger than me (she was married 2 months and had her baby) before I decided it was my turn.  Jealous every time....but happy for them!  It's our turn now!  It will happen, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually!  You have wonderful support on this forum and anytime you start having these feelings again, believe me, someone else out there is feeling the exact same way you do.
You will probably have to go to a health food store to get Vitex.  A tincture is the essence of the plant.  It will come in a little bottle with a dropper. It will say "vitex" or "chaste tree berry".  You put about 30 drops in a little bit of water.  It doesn't taste too great, but you get used to it.  They have done a few small studies on its effectiveness and the results were pretty good.  It works really well with women who have low progesterone production.  The downside is that it's slow-acting.  You have to take it for several weeks beofre you notice a difference.  If you don't have a health food store near you you can order it online.  I like red moon herbs.  I think their web address is redmoonherbs.com, but I'm not certain.  I hope it works out for you.
Oh! My story isn't much of one.  My DH & I have been TTC since July.  I have a retroverted uterus, make virtually no EWCM, and lately have been spotting before AF, which may indicate low progesterone.  I have been on B6, vitex, and red raspberry leaf for about a month now.  Last cycle I started using natural progesterone cream from O to AF.  I had only a couple of days spotting last time so I hope that means this stuff is starting to work.  I also started taking Evening Primose Oil at the beginning of this cycle to see if it will help increase my EWCM. (In case you are considering that one, just make sure you stop taking it after you ovulate.)  It's still kind of early, but I'll let you know if I see any results.  One more thing. I've recently cut back on the amount of soy in my diet b/c someone posted a study on the maternal forum about soy increasing estrogen.
Thanks!!! So you want high progesterone and low estrogen???? Hmmm.  I used to have some problems a few years a go and my doc put me on birth control pills to regulate. Then when I went off I've had normal periods. I've been off BCP's for about a year, but not really trying. Only been trying last month and a half. I was SO afraid my periods wouldn't be normal, that I would revert to pre-pill. Can the pill get you back to normal even after you stop taking it??? I was on it for about 2 and a half years. I don't want to go back on, obviously because I want to get pregnant, but also cuz I got SO nauseous withdrawing from it, I thought I was pregnant!!!. But I wasn't.  What's in pills???? Estrogen and progesterone right??? Anyways, I'm kind of confused this month, cuz the last period I had the first day was Aug. 27th, and it lasted about 5-6 days, which is normal, my VERY first period was 8 days!!! Yikes!!! Anyways, about a week a go I started having some sharp pains in pelvic area, in fact it was last Wed. after hubby and I made love. Then I started spotting light pink on Sunday. Then I got some red, but for the last 3 days, Mon, Tues and Wed. it's been MOSTLY brown and only about a quarter's worth, changing every 4 hours or so. There is still a LITTLE red but not much. Should I count this as a regular period??? I counted from Aug. 27th to Sept. 18th/19th and that is 23-24 day cycle, which is a little short, but within normal range.  Oh by Sunday, I had turned to crampy pain and lower back pain. Right now I'm counting this as a regular period, pain has stopped, stopped by Monday night.  Just wanted some other opinions. Thanks!!!!
I would count it as a period.  It's kind of funny how you describe it.  My first period after the first time we TTCed was so unusual!  Unfortunately, I don't know much about coming off the pill.  I gave it up years ago because it just made me bloated and moody.  I don't even remember what my cycles were like when I stopped taking it.  Here's the deal with the estrogen-progesterone thing: you absolutely need both in order to conceive.  Without estrogen, there's no ovulation.  The thing is, some women don't make enough progesterone on their own, or they make too much estrogen. (This is especially true in overweight women.)  Progesterone is the primary pregnancy hormone, so if your body doesn't make enough you can end up having a miscarriage.  Progesterone cream just helps balance out the hormones.  It's kind of tricky though.  You are only supposed to use it from ovulation until AF starts.  If you are lucky enough to get pregnant then you can continue taking it a few months into your pregnancy.  I think it's the 10 week mark where the placenta takes over and you no longer need the progesterone cream.  I'm trying pretty much everything I can at this point.  It's sure frustrating!
Yeah I know it IS frustrating. Anyways I started a normal flow today, so yeah it's a period.  I know my hormones WERE out of balance before I started the pill, that's why I was irregular. But I've been regular ever since coming off it, give or take a few days.  But always within a week of when due. My doc says I wasn't ovulating regularly (sp??) before I went on the pill. So I wonder if I'm ovulating regularly now, since my periods are normal now, even though off the pill. I wouldn't have regular ones if I wasn't right??? I'm due for a doc visit in the next month anyways. But I was just curious about that. I'm going to try all the things you mentioned though. I am somewhat overweight, though I have lost about 40lbs in the last year and a half, so maybe that helped as well as the pill that helped regulate me, even though I've been off it for a year now. Thanks for your help!!
Poetgirl,
I'm sorry that you are not preg this month. I do know where you are coming from. It took me six long years of activity trying to get pregnant. Tips, advice, doctors, surgeries... boxers, positions, temperatures, you name it. Poetgirl,it is by God's grace that any of us conceive and deliver healthy births. Your desire shows you to be so very worthy. Taking care of yourself physically and mentally is really important. Before you start playing with estrogen and progestoren, talk to your doctor. I'm happy to see that you have an appointment. The advice given on these sites are all with good intent, but you are unique to each of us. I had endometriosis and had surgery. I had bleeding my first 16 weeks and had big fat progestoren injections twice a day(and lots more challenges and complications), but I had the watchful eye of a doctor guiding me. Taking vitamins, exercising, charting temperatures...great. Playing with your hormones...be careful.
Good luck Poetgirl. I can't wait to see your posting announcing your success. As mentioned before, it takes most women 6 months to a year to conceive. Take a breath.
Not to be a downer, but the ODD period could have also been a MC. Which if you think about it can be a positive sign that maybe you do just need a boost in the hormone dept. to help your body continue a pregnancy. Women actually get pregnant and then MC and never even know it all the time. Not all women all the time, but you know what I mean. It happens. I was TTC years ago and was taking HPT's constantly. Had one come up positive and then two days later AF arrived. Had I not been testing all the time, I would have never known I was pregnant in the first place. Luckily I conceived again a month later and he is now almost 15. He was the second of five beautiful children. Be patient and I just know we'll be hearing great news from you soon!
Thanks for all the nice comments. I would be sad to know I m/c, but do you think it's possible??? I had a lot of sharp pains a few days before I started spotting, and spotted for 3-4 days before my flow got normal. Hmmm, oh well. There's no way to know now, but thank you. I'm not sure though, should I count the first day of my period from the first day of spotting, or first day of actual flow. And the spotting started right after making love with hubby. God bless!
You count the first day of flow.  One word about the progesterone thing. If you do decide to go that route make sure you are using NATURAL progesterone cream.  Synthetic versions, which is usually prescribed by a DR, have a whole different effect.  Just make sure you research / talk to your DR before you start doing anything.
Thanks, I am always careful about researching before I use anything new. I think I will just stick to taking vitamins(b6 included) since it won't hurt me at all, and just trying for a couple more months. I plan to go to my doc though within a month or two, due for annual anyways, yuck!!! If not pregnant by then, I'll talk to her about it. Thanks and God bless!!!
I was just reading along, and bear in mind, this is coming only from personal experience. Be careful with B6. I take it everyday, but last month, I had a +HPT, sore breasts for 13 days, and terrible morning sickness. I was so excited! My DH and I had been trying for 3 1/2+ years. I have endometriosis and finished my course of Lupron this summer. I told my husband, my best friend, and my mom that I thought I was finally pregnant...but that morning sickness was getting to be too much. So I went looking on the internet for a natural treatment for morning sickness, and what I found was instructions to take B6. That was when I realized I hadn't yet taken it that day. I popped my 100mg B6, and went to bed. I woke up with one of the heaviest flows and some of the most intense cramps I've ever had...and I cried. Could the B6 have lowered my progesterone levels and caused me to miscarry? We may never know. But I have read before that morning sickness is a sign that the pregnancy is going well. Should've Would've Could've... All I can do is try again.
Also, there is overwhelming evidence that eating a soy-rich diet helps, not harms when you have endometriosis. The plant estrols take the place of the harmful human estrogens in your body, and help to regulate your too-high estrogen levels. Just this month, I've started eating at least one serving of soy each day. AF is not here yet, but I feel better so-far. The average American diet is so sugar-laden in comparison to those in Asia, and that is where the studies have been done on soy. Endometriosis is nearly non-existent in Asia, and they eat a great deal of soy every day.
   I've tried natural progesterone (happy PMS cream) before, but it made AF super late (a couple weeks) and just as painful as usual.
Hi just to give you some hope. I'm almost 32 and have been suffering from endometriosis since I have been in my early 20's. I used to feel the same way but I finally after two laproscopic surgeries have had our beautiful baby girl who is now 3. I wish the best for you and to let you know their is hope for having your miracle child. Good luck
That is very true,..! I commented in another thread that i have been told i have endometriosis, yet i feel preg early this yr. and afew friends of mine have been told they have it too! one of them was told she will NEVER have childen, yet she is expecting with only months to go...and it took only afew months for her to fall preg. She went thru the same thing depression and jealousy...i dont blame her! I wish u luck and i hope this has given u some hope
i had surgery for endometriosis in feb 07.whats the average length of time it takes some one to get pregnant after surgery? we. tryed for 4 out of 5 years and nothing happend. i started hurting so went to doc and found that out. got fixed and its been 5 months and nothing yet. whats up??
I know a few people who have gotten pregnant with endometriosis, one after being told she was completely infertile. Good luck, I hope you get pregnant soon.
hey i have another story for you..my best friend's mom was told that her endometriosis was so severe that should would probably never have children. she got pregnant the first time her husband tried. she also had another baby a year later! also, have you ever heard that pregnancy "cures" endometriosis? two of my doctors have told me this, because i have endometriosis myself..
I have had endometriosis for as long as I can remember and a very severe case... many lap surgeries and many meds......
I was told I wouldn't be able to get pregnant and if I did I wouldn't be able to carry to term.  Well, I went off the pill last Nov, was pregnant by Dec and has a beautiful little girl in Sept of 06. Yes it was a hard pregnancy but that had nothing to do with the endo.  It's possible.....
Good luck to you.
I just wanted to say that it gives me such a great feeling to read everyone's comments.  To be able to see so many women that understand the one condition that so many don't makes me want to actually cry.  I am also trying to get pregnant with having a severe case of endo, and I know it's only been 8 months since I've been off the shots and trying, but it still can be discouraging.  Reading everyone's postings has helped me with some questions that I have had so to all of you THANK YOU!
I had my first lap at age 16 and my second this last December.  I was told that if I wanted to have kids we needed to start right away.  My endometrosis might affect my fertility because I am 26 and have had this for such a long time.  I started Clomid in January and did succeed at getting pregnant.  I was so happy that on the first try we got pregnant.  But on valentines day I found out that I had miscarried.  They said a lot of people miscarry and to try again and it probably wouldnt happen again.  At the end of March I found out that I was pregnant again.  I had not taken the Clomid since I had gotten pregnant so fast in January and once you miscarry the next 3 months are the easiest to get pregnant.  2 days before my birthday in April I found I had miscarried again.  This time as soon as I had found out that I was pregnant I was already in the process of the miscarriage.  They ran tests and they think that it is my progesterone.  So I have been taking Clomid at the start of my cycle.  And progesterone the week of when I am suppose to find out if I am pregnant.  I have had no luck.  I am starting to get discouraged.  I cant stop thinking of the miscarriages and I cant stop thinking about getting pregnant again.  I am afraid that if I dont take clomid then my body wont have the progesterone that it needs.  And if I just take progesterone it can cause me not to get pregnant.  Because it tells your body that it is already pregnant.  Is there anyone that is going through anything like this?  I could really use some advice.
All I can say is: HAVE FAITH IN GOD, He is the only ONE that can make miracles happen!!!
Its hard getting pregnant with endo.  Ive been dx; with endo., not fun with the painful cramps etc.,  Plus when you want to get pregnant and its been over 4 years now i still cant get pregnant.  Ive miscarried and tried all the time with my hubby to make another child. Taking my bbt, ovulation calculator, strips etc., medications nothing is working for me either.  Its sad and I know it hurts.  Everyone that I know is getting pregnant.  All you have to do is tell yourself I will be a mommy soon!  By the end of this year nothing happens go do ivf.  Thats what Im going to be doing in europe this christmas.  Hopefully i will be pregnant. I know how everyone feels...its difficult and its painful.. Just believe in yourself and it does take time.  But if you are impatient like me go do IVF.  Hopefully that will make a miracle happen! Ciao
hi everyone i'm new to this but by reading all of your stories I have one too.. on march 15 2007 I went for a check up on everything cause I can't get pregnat my doc told me that I have everything good... so I went to get my resalts (sp) an it say's that I have 1.9 of progesterone (sp) an I have iregular periods I want to know if i'm ovulating an if I could get pregnat???I showed another doc my blood resault's an she said that yes I do have low progesterone... I already have 1 year with my hubby and I haven't got pregnat why????
oh yea I went on clomid an didn't get pregnat is it cause I have low progesterone(sp) or what????
  Your story gave me chills!  I am 27 with endo and have been trying since January as well, with have complications every month with something.  I had missed my period last month and had taken a preg test every week and about 3 weeks ago now I had blood work done which also confirmed not being pregnant.  They were to have started me on Clomid 2 weeks ago, but something in me told me to see the Doctor first due to my pain that I had been having.  I thought it was my endo since I was told I wasn't pregnant.  I went in last Monday for an ultra sound and low and behold there was a yolk sack.  The next day after more blood work it was confirmed that I am pregnant.  THANK GOD!  I was told to come back this week for another ultra sound.  Two days after hearring the news the Doc called again saying my progesterone levels were low.  I was deathly scarred and confused, because they told me everything looked good so far.  He said that miscarriages in the past had shown in women with low progesterone levels and they just wanted to add on some precautions, so he put me on Prometrium to help those levels.  Today I went for my second ultra sound and Thanking the Lord again, I got to see the heart beat.  I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer.  Have faith; I'm not out of the woods yet, but every moment that I have I pray for a healthy pregnancy.  I wish you all the luck as well as anyone else out there with this condition.  It's one that no one will every understand unless they have walked down this path, but one that I would never want anyone to walk down. I can't say it enough Have faith; it's in God's hands, as well as a good Doctor's.
I have endo and I was told my whole life that I would either have problems getting pregnant or staying pregnant.  I wa sonthe pill for 7 tears continuously so I wouldn't ovulate and get that horrible pain.  It's called supression therapy.  So I never got my period.  I stopped the pill and I was pregnant within 3 weeks.  I did have a troublesome pregnancy but it had nothing to do with the endo.
Now, they say if you carry a baby to term the endo probably won't come back.  Well, that's a lie in my case.  It's back bigger and better than before.  I have a blood clotting disorder they discovered while I was pregnant so I can't go back on the pill.  I have a one year old and I am breastfeeding so I have only had one period since Novemeber of 05' but let me tell you I wanted to die when I had it.  The pain was worse than childbirth and I kid you not!
I don't really know what I'm going to do when I stop bf-ing and I have to face ovulation again.  I'm only 33.
both me an my sis have endo , and we both have two children ! just hang in there , and it may sound silly but dont try too hard ! just chill go with the flow and it wil come .good luck x x
if your progesterone is too low you can try clomid you take one tab a day starting the third day of your period until the seventh day  that is what i am taking  my progesterone without it is 7 on my 21st day it is 40 {highest is 50} if you are pregnant you can take progesterone vaginal supp to keep it up you usually have to take them for 12 weeks and then your body will start producing more  
having a baby doesnt cure endo  it just usually helps it calm down  it will not last in most cases and most time when it does come back it comes back with a vengance most of my family i believe had endo and all ended up having a hysterectomy  and they all had at least 2 kids                                                                                                                                                                                                i would just like to thank everyone hopefuuly i will be writing soon to tell you that im pregnant  i have not given up hope and i still have my faith in God  its just you know that it doesnt work out for everyone its Gods plan whatever happens its just nice to have people that care enough to say i've been through and i know what your going through  and its also nice to share my story that might help one of you from going through a miscarriage                           best wishes to all
I had two surgeries for my endo & my right overy with tube was removed during last surgery. Than I had a polyp removal surgery. My Doc suggested that bcz I have severe level 4 endo, i have to have IVF. I tried 2 cycles of IUI. No luck. Can anybody advise me on this one? Is IVF the only hope?. My uteres & left overy is clear now. No problem with periods. Can I get preg normally without IVF?
I have endo, and have been living with it for a long time. I had surgery and they removed my right ovary and tube. I recently discovered that I have fibroids again. I went to the fertility doctor and he wants to do lap surgery. I really do no want to have to do this all over again. Do anyone have any suggestions? Such as herbs to take or recommend something else besides surgery to help with getting pregnant
I'm 32 yrs old and have been living with Endometriosis since 1998. Fortunetley I had my two children before that. However I'm had Cyst..removed I've had once Ovary and one Fallopian Tube also removed. I've had my nerves on my lower back lazered off to relieve the menstral pains from the Endo... I've had Lupron shots to try to eliminate the pains..and Endro...
It's a horrible disease to live with However If you're trying to have children ..All I can say is just keep trying ....Also remember there's LOTS of Children out there waiting to be adopted. That is something I myself have concidered.
I have severe endo as well. I want to give you hope. My endo was found when I was only 13 and I am 27. I was told my endo was too severe to ever have a child. But, I have a wonderful healthy 6 year old son!! I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to get pregnant. I had prayed to God that he would give my husband and I a child, and he did! Just have faith and don't give up. It is possible! And, if you can't conceive naturally by all means listen to the Doctors and try whatever it takes. Plus, I agree with buttercupc32, there are lots of wonderful children that need good homes. Don't give up!
me and my husband have been married 8yrs and we have 2 kids, my daughter is 6 and my son is 11. i had my son with a previous relationship so me and my husband only have 1 kid together well for about 4yrs we have been trying to have another one but failed about 2yrs ago i went and found out i have endo, so i just want to know if its impossible to have another or it is just going to be hard? PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!
it's just going to be a lot harder. I'm 19 and i just got diagnosed with it too. my doctor said it's possible, it's just alot more painful and harder to do.
I am 30 yrs old. I had had pains which i thought was from my period or having sex to hard but i found it to be endo when i was 19/20. I found out after i had an eptopic preganancy which took the doctors like a week to find never the less i wanted to know why after that i hadnt gotten pregnant again so my dr decided to go in and poke around to find out why and thats when she told me. She handed me a pamplett and told me to read up on it. Since then i have asked different doctors opinion and all have basically told me that there is nothin they can do but after reading this forum i have hope.

Thanks to you all!
I am 27 and was diagnosed in Nov 2004 with Endo via laparoscopy.  My husband and I tried for 2 years naturally then a fertility specialist did an insemination and 2 invitros and I still could not get pregnant.  That took place over another year.  I was pretty much sure I would not get pregnant, maybe a small possibility with invitro but never naturally.  My husband and I have since divorced but I have been in a relationship for about 3 years now and knowing I could not get pregnant we hadn't been taking precautions for a long time.  Well, my last period I missed but I assumed something was just going on with my endometriosis.  I noticed my stomach was no longer completely flat, but I assumed I had been eating too much so planned to watch how I ate.  We went out of town with his family and while changing I noticed my breasts were a little sore and I said something to him about it.  He said they also look bigger lol.  Well, the thought popped into my head maybe I am pregnant... but after so many years I pushed it aside.  Each day after I kept thinking about it, my stomach hadn't gotten any smaller, and upon return home I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant (now 7 weeks).  Mind you I have not had any treatment whatsoever for my endo other than the one laparoscopy from '04.  I won't say its possible for everyone, all cases are different.  So far for me it has been painful,  I have had cramps everyday since my missed period.  I have also been tired for what seems like atleast 18 hours of the day, I sleep constantly.  But I will consider it worth it even if it lasts 9 months if I can carry it to term.  I say don't give up, but also try not to stress, because maybe once you stop thinking about it it will happen on it's own.
I am 21 years old. I know it may sound young to have Endometriosis but it runs in my family. My mother, Grandmother, & Great Grandmother ALL had it. My mother had painful pd's her whole life, then had a misscarriage in her late 20's which lead to a laparoscopy, and LOADS of endo implants being removed, plus she had to have one whole ovary taken out. My grandmother had a grapefruit sized ovarian cyst, internal and external endometriosis on the uterus and ovaries. She had to get EVERYTHING removed by the time she was 39. I am not a hypochondriac but I have been noticing DISTURBING changes in my own cycle and SEVERE pain........ I wanted to post this and see if it sounds familiar to anyone out there who is dealing with Endometriosis. So....here goes... I get very deep rooted aching pain down around my ovaries up to a full week and sometimes more than that before and during my period. I even get a painful bruised feeling on the outside of my vagina during and before my period. This one is kind of embaressing....but I have A LOT of bathroom drips during my pd. SEVERE gas pains and tons of gas and even diarreah (diarrhea) sometimes...As of late, my pd's have become increasingly painful, and unpredictable. They are never on track. I get very light spotting for a day or 2....then it will go away altogether for a few days (2-3) and then it comes back VERY thick, clotted and DARK almost black. The whole process from the spotting to the finish can be 8-10 days. I also get instant stabbing pain on my left side in my pelvic region during certain sexual positions...and after sex sometimes too. I am a skincare specialist, and as of late, I've had Hormonal Zone breakouts (along the cheekbones in a downward diagnal toward the jaw) that I have NEVER had before. I also get EXTREME fatigue during my period to the pt where I feel like I am literally drugged and have no control over how much sleep I need. Often times, I get dull aching pain inside when removing a tampon, and I only use the regular sized ones so I don't think it has to do with the size of the tampon. My pains in my pelvic area are mostly consistant and more of an ache, whereas I get pains in my lower back on the left side that are sharp stabbing and sudden pains at random times. Lastly and most odd to me, sometimes when sitting down, I get a very strange sensation of upward pressure in my pelvic area.....as if something is pushing at my insides..........................I know I am young....but I love children.  I worked in childcare for years and my DREAM is to be a mother. I am wondering if there is ANY way to tell how much time I have to have a baby?????? I know endometriosis can make getting pregnant extremely difficult and sometimes impossible, as it did in the case of my mother after she had me. She was young too... so what about me???? Can anyone help out? Any info/suggestions/good doctors you know of? *Meg
I feel your pain all to well, only I already have 2 girls, ages 8 and 4. I love them with everything in me but I had my first daughter when I was 18. She wasnt planned, her father and I were engaged but split soon after I found out I was Pregnant. About a year after , I found out I that I had endometriosis. I was so young and nieve at the time, I didnt really worry about it, even after they told me I may not have any more children. I was on birth control on and off for a couple of years and then I met my second fiance. we were together for 3 years and never tried for a child, then he cheated on me with my sister and it was over. 10 months later, he decided he wanted me back and I was obviously still just as nieve as I ever was, so I decided to take him back. That lasted all of 2 weeks and it was off again. About 7 weeks later I found out that I was pregnant with my second daughter. Even then I wasnt really comprehending the whole endometriosis thing. My daughter was 1 month old when I finally met the man I now call my husband, the love of my life. We were married 7 months after we met and it has been absolutely perfect except for one thing. Now that I have found that one man I want for the rest of my life, my soulmate and love of my life, I am also finding out that there is very very little chance that I could ever get pregnant. My husband and I have been trying for 4 years now with no results and when I say trying, I mean trying. I recently went to my OBGYN and found out that the meds and the scrapings of the uterus and ovaries were no longer working and that the best thing for me would be to get a historectomy. I was told that I would probably not get pregnant again, I was lucky to have gotten pregnant the second time. This has been so so hard for me. My husband wants a child horribly, and I cant give that to him. I have decided that I will continue on with the treatments that I am already recieving and NOT have the historectomy in hopes that one day luck would fall upon us and God would bless us with a child of our own. My husband absolutely loves my girls as his own, but at the end of the day, reality is reality. I am blessed to have my girls but on the other hand, I want a child so bad with the man that I will love for always, the one that I know will never leave me or cheat on me. I want it most of all to fullfil his dreams and each day it seems to slip further away. I will continue to pray as you should too! We will continue to try until we can no longer. The age differences between my daughters is 4 years, my youngest is 4 now, going on 5, so who knows.?.? It may happen.?.? Ill keep the faith!!!!
We are all in the same boat..........We need to keep the faith and continue to pray......God has perfect timing and I know when the time is right it will happen.....Those of you whom never had a baby like myself know the obstacles with endo and fibroids are like nightmares.......its something we cant control but there is someone who is more powerful.....One of my good friends had Endo and still have it but last year in July was blessed with a little healthy baby boy.....It was a very big surprise........the Dr told her never ever ever would she ever have a baby and it happened to her ............So it can happen just keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And pray for one another and try not to be jealous...........it can hinder your blessins.......although hard just keep faithful and if you are not married and asking for a baby maybe God has other plans for you..........Love everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hayz.. ive been married for two years and im nearly 20 i got married when i was 17 n since i was 18 me n husband been TTC but after two yearsnothing i went to a garnecologist who made me take clomiphine before i went to him i was on natural medicine for 2 mnths and with a history of reallly irregular periods my periods started to come normal from taking primrose oil and vitex but after 3 mnths nothing so i went to the garnecologist and he put me on clomiphene or something and when i started on that for 2 mnthss it messsed up my cycle completely i was bleeding non stop for lik over 4 mnths and i stopped taking it and everyone stoppped its been 3 mnths since the bleedin stopped and i stil havnt had a period also i chart my estregeon level with the maybe baby salvia tetser but because of high estregeon levels it always omes up with me in most fertile but i am not does anyone know anything that can restore my periods i dont want to take any drugs i am still taking one tablet vitex and 2 tablets primrose daily .. and we want a baby soooooo baddlllyyy.. i read about fertilaid on the net is it any good?

thankssss

feeza
yes, you can. it just depends on how severe it is.
I am 25 about to be 26 in feb was just married in october while I was a senior in high school I had the surgery for endomertrosis and I am worried that I will not be able to have a baby. I have been off my pills now for a couple of months had two normal cycles and I have been taking prenatal vitimans for a year, I used an online calculator this last time around and had sex 10 days straight with my husband. I should be starting my period again soon and I am not happy about it, I read about the friends and family members that are all having babies and I agree with you upsets me and I get a little jealous. I know that my cycle is comming cause I have cramps and my breast are swolen, We have only been trying for two months but still frustrating feels like we have been trying for an eternity. Any words of wisdom or support would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Lanee
i feel like i know you just by reading what you wrote,i got married at 18 and my hubby just turn 19 it's been 10 years sine we been married at first i was just having fun not thinking about having kids.20010 i had a surgery i had fibroids i thought i was ok my surprise 2011 in the month of may i start to get soooooooooooo much pain i thought someone light a stove inside of me pain pain i never felt like that well i found out i have endo i had another surgery after that when i woke up the doctor told us we may not be able to have kids she did not rule it out but like i said very low.ALL i can tell you is start eating good food try soy milk and lots of fresh fruits keep fit try your best,don't gave up because i am not going to gave up on myself start to REALLY PRAY more and fast that is what i do have faith when you pray ask him for good health and gave him thanks for what you can't see as yet.i may sound crazy to you but all i have is FAITH in GOD.and about getting jealous it's ok just pray when you feel like that ask GOD to take it away from you and try your best to me happy for them i know what you are going through i went through that tooo it's hurts.but be strong and keep on fighting....GOD BLESS YOU
I am 27 years old I was diagnosed with endometroisis back in 2004.  It has caused me to become pregnant several times and I lost every single one of them.  It is possible for you to get pregnant just it may be hard for you to hold the baby. I am having to have a hysterectomy this year, because of the pain that I go through every month.  Even tho my periods are regular every month they are very painful and I go through alot of mood swings.  So to answer your question yes it is possible to get pregnant, my best advice from one woman to another is to talk to you doctor about it and make sure that you do have endometosis.
im 17 years old. i turn 18 in september. almost 2 years ago. well a couple weeks after my 16th birthday i found i had endo. it tears me up thinking i may not be able to have children. thas has always been my dream is to have children and a family. me and the hubby want a baby more than anything but im terrified that it will never happen. i pray all the time about it but still been and extremely hard 3 months ttc. any advice??
Hi Ducky93,

Here is my story.

I was 25 when I was diagnosed with endo back in Sep 2009. I had 2 big cysts (one to each ovary) and got the open surgery done to remove cysts in Jan 2010. I tried to get pregnant on my own for 6months with no luck. Then, I decided to see a fertility specialist in Sep2010. I was on Clomid for 3months and on Letrozole for couple of months. I finally conceived my first baby with Letrozole in March 2011. Now, I am in 9th week of my Pregnancy. So, Please do have hope. You will definitely have your own babies.

Roopa.
I just found out I have fibroids and i want to get pregnant what can I take to increase my chances? Do prenatal pills help?
ive been diagnosed with endo.... i had a lap and dye in march 2011 and my tubes are clear and i still have endo due to where most if it is it would be more damaging to remove!! ive been ttc for 14 month and no success. like you people around me having babies and expecting and its soul destroying!! i have 2 great kids but at 32 would love to have another!! im going to have to go back on the pill as the hormones keep most of my pain under control and im in severe pain every month so much so for that whole week im just ill which isnt fair to the family i have and are really greatful for!!! so on my next period im back on pill,:<((   but all the best for you xxxxxxxxxxxgd luckxx
So my ex and I were together 3 years and had unprotected sex almost every day. Grant it I was on birthcontrol for about a year and got off. Never once got pregnant or anything. My new boyfriend and I are doing great and he has a beautiful 3 year old now. we've been together for a while now and same has had unprotectded sex and nothing! I had 3 periods this month and the last one was very painful so I went to the ER. They told me they are almost sure its endometriosis. I have to go back to the doctors then go through that surgery. When I found that out I was so depressed cried all day long because it made sence. Ever since I first started my period They've always been bad. My ovaries always hurt and my back hurt so bad I couldn't get out of bed. My one biggest fear is that I can't have children. I've worked with children for so long. They just brighten up my day. I know I'll be a good mom and I think I deserve a chance. It is verp upseting. This really isn't a question just wanted to let poetgirl my story. I wish you the best of luck sweet heart I really do!
Hi I'm 29 years old,I have endometriosis,polysistic ovaries my left tube is damaged,I need help asap,evryyime my hubby n I make love I end up with an infection so we have to. Wait for the infection 2 get clear,& its so painfull,I am not financially stable to help myself,I would really appreciate it if sumbody can help me,I'm always in pain.
So me and my fiance had been ttc for about a yr and nothing. well a yr and a half later I was in the er cuz the right side of my belly hurt. well they sent me home cuz of course it was a cyst. then 2 days later the Dr called me and said by the way we forgot to give u a result. I was like ok what. he said ur pregnant with lvls of 2600 I was like no way. well he was concerned cuz of my pain so I had to go back to er. they did an ultra sound and told me they couldn't find the baby. I was like well maybe I'm not as far along as u guys r thinking. Well the Dr did my labs again and my lvls only went up 1000 when they r suppose to double each day. he said ur for sure having an abnormal pregnacy. sent me home said come back if u camp more or start to spot. the next day I started spotting. so back to er. the Dr came in and said I'm so sorry AMANDA ur having a tubalpregnancie. I was so hurt so angry so confused. Well that was Nov 27th I found out on Dec 2nd they gave me methatrexate which decalcifies the baby. I finally lost the baby January of this yr. I'm not giving up hope cuz my grandma's last words to me before she passed away Dec 23 was Amanda I too I two tubalpregnancies. u will have a healthy baby. just keep trying. so just keep trying and u to will have ur someday baby as I have been told many times.
I also have endometriosis and am having surgery in about a month. I am wondering if anyone out there has been able to have a baby AFTER being diagnosed with Endometriosis. I also would like to know if there if you were able to have a children before. I have a daughter, 5 years old but now I am afraid she will be an only child. Anyway I am just trying to see how many were able to.  Thank you so much
hello I’m 30yrs old and i have endometriosis is really hard this problem destroy my  life. when i was 14yrs old i meet my husband in high school at the age of 18 i stop taking birth control pills i had many surgeries including IVF to get pregnant nothing i felt horrible when people keep asking when we were going to have family :( my husband cheated on me 2 years ago and he only did it to have a kid now his has a 3 moth baby and im thinking about leaving him I can do this anymore this is painful ..i been depressed more than ever. i did everything to have a kid and to have my husband with me and nothing work !!!
Hi to all...

Here is my story. I just finished matric in 2001 and got married in 2002. The doctor said to me that I had foreign cells in my uteres. She also told me to start as soon as possible.... or at least try..... so me and my x hubby tried like really tried..... we even praid to the Lord on the 15 October 2004 with a group of friends.... so we went to the doctor about 4 weeks later and my gyno said to me I was 4 weeks pregnant..... I was extatic..... My son was born in June 2005..... In February I found out I was pregnant again and something went wrong...... 6 years now I'm still battling to get pregnant...... I stopped taking birthcontrol about two years back..... I have to go do the laparoscopi but we cant afford it..... any other advice in that situation?
I am so scared. I think I have endrometreosis. I have an appointment tomorrow. I have always wanted to be a mom it just has never been the right time. I just want to know if anyone knows any easier ways or fast ways to get pregnant with this disease. I don't want to miss my chance. :/
I have endometriosis, I have been trying to get pregnant for an year since I had surgery last year and I still haven't got Pregnant yet. I am just wondering is there something else.
Hi All,
I am also TTC and have been for the past month or so. I'm 2weeks Late for my period. I have had 5 HPT that have all been negative, I've also had a blood test which was also negative to being pregnant. I also suffer from  endometriosis. I'm slightly confused as to what is going on as this is all very new for me, if I don't get my period by the weekend I will be going back to the doctors for a ultrasound to see if a cyst could be the reason for late period. I would like to think I'm pregnant but trying not to allow myself to get my hopes up. I have a few symptoms such as

- late period
- feeling bloated & short of breath at times
- Increase in my appetite
- constantly fatigued
- frequent urination
- build of clear/yellow mucus
- abdominal discomfort
- cramping
- increase in pimples

Has anyone experienced anything such as this?
Thank you.  I so needed to hear this.
I was pregnant in '99. I carried to 11 weeks. I was not able to get pregnant again until 2009. I carried until 14 weeks. I was diagnosed with Endo. No pain, no symptoms. But for the longest time I felt something in my lower pelvis area. Now it's gone. Doctors before 2009 never could find it! Stupid Doctors. Now, it is 2012. I have NOT been pregnant at all. It's hopeless. I have totally given up. It is just not going to happen. We tried following my cycle etc, but we know it will never happen. -Lisa
Hi ,
i have been trying for a yr an half i had what they called a early miscarriage with in the first two months then told me it was a cyst then my obgyn said it was a miscariage an then later down the road i started to have pain an then i went in an told my symptoms to the doc an they said it was endo.. an then i didnt believe him so i went to 5 other docs an  they all said it sounds like it what really ***** is that they really cant tell an also.. the surgery they say to get which will help an you may have a higher chance of getting pregnant isnt true the surgery only last for 6 months & then the endo an the scar tissue comes back.. so you will always have it dont let them tell you that it will fix it or help i know a hand full of girls i have talked to say that they did an they still arent pregnant i COMPLETLEY UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL about tht jelousy i mean i always get upset when these other people who dont even want to be pregnant get pregnant an to be honest all the stuff i have read about it just out right depresses me... i dont know what to think anymore i really wish that us ladies didnt have it cause it is hard to be infertial it really is a heart renching experience seeing all these others havin children when u try for so long it makes you want to give up but i have always wanted to be a mother so im going to continue hoping praying an trying an i hope you do the same an i hope one day i get to read backon here an tell you CONGRATS !!! i know it is hard trust me me an my hubby have been trying an nothing so dont feel bad i know mixed emotions right keep your head up love :D
Hi ,
I will pray for you. prayer in god- He always has a plan for you. don't get discouraged.- best wishes,Katherine
hi my names marie I had an implant in for a year last year I urged so much for another baby people say I should be thankful that I have 2 teenage girls so my hubby of 20 years said have the implant out and well try I had my implant out in march 2012 and started trying from there today just been to docs with bad tummy pains and ive got to go back tomorrow January 2013 for some tests and she mentioned endometriosis I am really worried now that I wont get pregnant and yes im really jealous even when I see a new mum its not fair I think I hope I can still have another baby some of your comments have helped well have to see what happens
Hello everyone. I am only 19 and we found out just yesterday with the start of my period that I have endometriosis. There is no history of it in my family at all, but we do have a very long line of Ovarian Cysts which I also have. For the past four years I have had a rupture on my right side every four months exactly. So I suppose there is a connection there since many say endo is also connected to ovarian cysts. This month my cycle was very strange, for I have been charting for the last 8 months; it's been consistently getting more off track. Since October I have been taking progesterone pills prescribed by my doctor; you take 1 every night for 10 days, three days after ovulation. This was the fourth month where I was supposed to have another cyst rupture and thanks to the progesterone I didn't. However I think through the elimination of previous problems, the underlying issue was finally able to emerge; endometriosis. I am scheduled hopefully for a surgery in the beginning of March to fix this.
I am not married, I am in college with a full ride scholarship to be a nurse, but my BF and I are very decided in what we want to do with our lives and in the future how we want to be together. We would want nothing more than to raise a family, and very shortly after marriage. IVF is against our faith so we wouldn't be able to do it, but I am not opposed to adoption at all. Even if I have children I would want to adopt. The only issue is... Is there any hope? I've been told since I am still young at 19 the tissues and all will have better chance to heal, but I am just so unsure, and it hurts SO bad. Is it even worth it? Thanks so much all.
i have week endometrial is that any problem in conciving a baby
Hi to All of ye that suffer with Endmetriosis,,, I met an amazing Woman 5 months ago  (I was in an abusive marriage my Ex wife used to beat me physically and emotionally i have 6 kids,,, enough abt me im not here for this)   My Beautiful Girlfriend has Endmetriosis level 4,, She has been told She has 1 30 % chance of concieving but only a 5% chance of carrying our Baby full term.... Shelly is on the pill at the moment as Her Brother is getting married in March next year!!!!!  But after that we will be trying and omg will we try..... I came on here to try and understand and Help Shelly in any way I can to make our lives more fulfilled.... Reading all yer stories was overwhelming and to be honest had me crying tears of hope and joy.... Best of luck to everyone and keep believing :-)   my name is Keith....
Just wana say to all the ladies hang in there and dont give up hope,,,,
Hi all, back again :-)  to you all that think that you are unable to have kids hang in there it will happen you just need to have some faith it will happen when you least expect it.... As i said earlier i was in an abusive unhappy marriage for 22 yrs (why so long???) my kids kept me there but one day last October i couldnt take anymore so i went to a refuge.. Thats when my life changed i took back control.. Im 40 now and had no interest in meeting anyone or having any Kids thats until i met Shelly :-) She is an absolute Angel, Sweet,Kind,Caring, Funny, Sensuous and so very Loving.... Shelly is 31 and full of life She will make an amazing Mother,Friend,Parent to our Kids (we will have two!!!!!!  :-)  )   She is already an amazing friend to my Six Kids, Karen 18, Blake 15, Kevin 10, Luke 8, Chloe 6 and Marie is 4,,, Some people in this world dont appreciate what they have and abuse and take things for granted.... I cherish my kids every single moment of every single day.. and it breaks my heart to read yer stories yer lives,, but we all need hope so please hang in there all it will happen.... I will keep in touch and let ye all know how Shell and I are doing,,, :-)
My wife and i had stumbled upon this thread last year as she had learned she not only has polycystic ovaries but endometreosis as well. Totally bummed from the news that two gynos told her it was almost impossible for natural conception she decided to seek some solace in any inspirational stories of nothing short of what we were made to believe would be an immaculate conception. After going to a herbologist at the recommendation of a friend (options were all but exhausted and we were trying for a year already) we were basically told to change our diets and all would miraculosly get better (rolls eyes, I was against this meeting from the beginning) Cue healthy eating and 3 months later, my wife became pregnant and June 7th of this year my baby boy was born, absolutely perfect. I'm very sure there aren't many men commenting on these issues but i find myself obligated to do so in the hopes that it may inspire even one person to keep positive and have faith in the impossible, remember that he one in the million they speak of may be right around the corner.