Cannot get rid of Yeast Infection

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Cannot get rid of Yeast Infection

I'm sorry to keep posting on the fourm , please excuse me . But i am quite concerned For the past month i have had a yeast infection that will go away and then come back slightly . My mother said that i must not be truly be killing the yeast .Yet , i have been continuing the treatment ,( topical cream ) , eating yogurt , etc. It will go away and then come back slightly ( redness , very slight discomfort ) and go away again. I thought i was totally over it till i took a bath with a cup of apple cider vinegar ph 5 ( a home remedy i found)   and it has again become red and slightly irritated . I have not been sexually active for almost a year(more than 10 months )  .Even then i have only had oral sex with one person ( i have spoken with the guy and he was tested for HIV and STD's after we were together and all was negitive so i know that cannot be that ) Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i am started to get really scared .Thanks
Avatar n tn
make an appt with ur dr and be sure it is a yeast infection. If it is ask about diflucan for it. you take the pill once and it stays in your system for days.
Avatar n tn
I would go to the doctor.  I went through the same thing for months and I finally went and it turns out it was a bacterial infection.  Those need to have prescribed medicine for a bacterial infection.  Good luck!
I agree with the above posters.  It's all too easy to just assume an infection is one thing, and self medicate.  What if it's gardinerella or a bacterial problem or who knows?  Go see your doc and get it diagnosed.  Good luck!
Avatar n tn
I know this sounds weird but I get those syptoms (symptoms) from differant things I am allergic to. Make sure you wear cotton undies, go and get Scott toilet paper(it leaves less lint than other tissue and is better for females) and did you change your soap at all? I can not use antibacterial or moisturizing to wash my pubic area but I can use it for the other areas. and dont use any perfumes or anything like that. But please do go to your doctor to see what they say I just wanted to give you something alse that it may be. Good luck.
Avatar n tn
Sometimes it's yeast, and sometimes it's not. Either way, you need to seek knowledgable medical help.  Start with your regular doc and make sure to voice your desire to go to somebody who deals with vaginal infections on a routine basis if things don't clear up.

Chronic yeast infections are becoming more common. Overuse and misuse of otc yeast meds is a major cause.  Don't treat your symptoms before the exam. You need to be experiencing them to help get an acurate diagnosis.  Having the good luck of actually getting a sample that the lab can culture and type is key.

Avatar n tn
Great insight!  My daughter is 3, and she has had a yeast infection for a very long time as well!  We have been to the doctor many times, and they just keep prescribing canestin cream!  But that has not cured it, and we are constantly putting it on her!  Think it is time that I got to a specialist!!  Thanks
Avatar n tn
byw, topical cream (like vagisil) applied to the affected area will not cure a yeast infection..if it is in fact a yeast infection, you need a 7 day treatment like monistat
Avatar n tn
My sister just went through this same senerio about six mo ago.  She was self treating with yogurt, monistat, etc.....kept coming back.  Fianlly went to gyn and diagnosed with some kind of bacterial infection - had to take meds for a while - not sure how long - but she abstained from sex for the entire time and shortly thereafter.  She also tried her best to stay dry and clean.  Hope this helps - my sis was about to go nuts before she finally got some help.
KeeLolo commented on Baseline blood work a...
1 hr ago
pb95 commented on Baseline blood work a...
1 hr ago
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals