Cervical pain?
Hello everyone..I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced pain in the cervix area? I have been having these intermittent fairly sharp pains in what I can only describe as the cervix area. I had an abnormal pap in 2003, followed by a colposcopy and LEEP procedure to remove part of the cervix. After that I had a normal pap, followed by an ABNORMAL pap, followed by another normal pap. I was supposed to have another followup at four months but due to my busy lifestyle...I have four children, was in school...I am now about a year overdue for that 4 month followup. I have an appointment scheduled for about 2 weeks from now (the soonest I could get in), but was wondering in the meantime if anyone has experienced this. Of course I'm worried. Thank you.
are you getting ready to have AF?  i know i used to get sharp pains 'down there' right before AF.
I get the same cervical pain. I have talked with my Dr and he doesn't say much. I have had 2 pap smears done and everything is normal. But it does concern me. After your appointment could you share what the doc says? Thanks
A gyn will tell you that you can not have "pain" per say on your cervix because a cervix has only pressure sensors and not pain sensors.  They tried to tell me that when I had my cervix biopsied.  I too get pain in the lower uterine area near my AF and I am not exactly sure what would cause it to occur.  I guess lining pulling away.
I think you need to discuss this with your dr. I had this same thing. I had several normal paps and a couple of abnormal paps.
I had a leep done and several biopsies. I am now getting treated for cervical cancer. I don't say that to scare you but everyone should have paps done every year. I know about not having insurance and no money for this kinda thing but don't let your health be affected. Go to planned parenthood or your local health department. I wish you all the best.
I had the same sharp pains also in what I would say the cervical area yesterday (4/8/09). It felt like I was being stabbed quickly and I almost cried but they were very quick---come-&-go type pains that lasted for about 3sec then leave and come back. I only experienced the pains while sitting down---so I had to leave my class. i am supposed to have a colposcopy on the 22nd but why am i feeling this pain?
I have had these pains for a cpl of years. They started when I was pregnant with my 2nd. The doc really coulndt explain why i was having them so I left it and put it down to one of those things. Over the years I have had the pains off and on. I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 6 yrs before my 2nd pregnancy and thought perhaps it had something to do with now. A week ago I had a pap and the doc found some glandular tissues. Since the pap the pains have been worse. Am still waiting to hear. I understand you worry and will keep you posted.
I am having a very sharp pain right below my navel for over two years, I keep checking it out and I was told its gas and other trivial things.  I then went to another doctor who said nothing was wrong with me, I however begged her to send me for and ultra sound - it reveal that I have cyst, multiple fibroid and a kidney stone. As the days go by, I am visiting the doctors very often because the pain is more frequent and they blaming the pain on the cyst.  However, to tell the truth I think its more than that. I am now studying in another country so i decided to get a second opinion, so I went to a doctor she sent me to do several blood and urine test.  I am scared, I am awaiting the results and a visit to a gyno in two days.  Tell me what do you all think?