Cervical pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Cervical pain?

Hello everyone..I was wondering if anyone else has ever experienced pain in the cervix area? I have been having these intermittent fairly sharp pains in what I can only describe as the cervix area. I had an abnormal pap in 2003, followed by a colposcopy and LEEP procedure to remove part of the cervix. After that I had a normal pap, followed by an ABNORMAL pap, followed by another normal pap. I was supposed to have another followup at four months but due to my busy lifestyle...I have four children, was in school...I am now about a year overdue for that 4 month followup. I have an appointment scheduled for about 2 weeks from now (the soonest I could get in), but was wondering in the meantime if anyone has experienced this. Of course I'm worried. Thank you.
are you getting ready to have AF?  i know i used to get sharp pains 'down there' right before AF.
I get the same cervical pain. I have talked with my Dr and he doesn't say much. I have had 2 pap smears done and everything is normal. But it does concern me. After your appointment could you share what the doc says? Thanks
A gyn will tell you that you can not have "pain" per say on your cervix because a cervix has only pressure sensors and not pain sensors.  They tried to tell me that when I had my cervix biopsied.  I too get pain in the lower uterine area near my AF and I am not exactly sure what would cause it to occur.  I guess lining pulling away.
I think you need to discuss this with your dr. I had this same thing. I had several normal paps and a couple of abnormal paps.
I had a leep done and several biopsies. I am now getting treated for cervical cancer. I don't say that to scare you but everyone should have paps done every year. I know about not having insurance and no money for this kinda thing but don't let your health be affected. Go to planned parenthood or your local health department. I wish you all the best.
I had the same sharp pains also in what I would say the cervical area yesterday (4/8/09). It felt like I was being stabbed quickly and I almost cried but they were very quick---come-&-go type pains that lasted for about 3sec then leave and come back. I only experienced the pains while sitting down---so I had to leave my class. i am supposed to have a colposcopy on the 22nd but why am i feeling this pain?
I have had these pains for a cpl of years. They started when I was pregnant with my 2nd. The doc really coulndt explain why i was having them so I left it and put it down to one of those things. Over the years I have had the pains off and on. I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 6 yrs before my 2nd pregnancy and thought perhaps it had something to do with now. A week ago I had a pap and the doc found some glandular tissues. Since the pap the pains have been worse. Am still waiting to hear. I understand you worry and will keep you posted.
I am having a very sharp pain right below my navel for over two years, I keep checking it out and I was told its gas and other trivial things.  I then went to another doctor who said nothing was wrong with me, I however begged her to send me for and ultra sound - it reveal that I have cyst, multiple fibroid and a kidney stone. As the days go by, I am visiting the doctors very often because the pain is more frequent and they blaming the pain on the cyst.  However, to tell the truth I think its more than that. I am now studying in another country so i decided to get a second opinion, so I went to a doctor she sent me to do several blood and urine test.  I am scared, I am awaiting the results and a visit to a gyno in two days.  Tell me what do you all think?