Cervical positioning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Cervical positioning

Is your cervix high when the man is able to stick it in deep. Like usually he can't stick it in extremly deep. But the last time he was able to stick it in as deep as he possibly could. Also, when he stuck it all the way in we could feel a clicking type of sensation. I hope this makes sense. If it doesn't I will try to clarify.
It sounds plausible at least.  Has your gyno ever mentioned that your cervix is ordinarily low?
I don't know about the cervix position but I do understand where you are coming from when you say going in deep. I have felt the clicking thing you are talking about.
How do you know when your cervix is high -or- low?I always hear people talk about this.I think mine is low?How would you know?
When I get a pelvic exam, the doctor has to search for my cervix.  This tells me it is high.  A gyno can tell you right off.
If you were able to obtain deep penetration with no discomfort, then it's safe to say your cervix was high.  The clicking is the tip of his penis rubbing on, and popping over/across, the cervix.

nanis:  You have to reach up in there and feel it.  It's not good to do it often though, and make sure you have very clean hands.
if it is high than aren't you supposed to be fertile?
Yes.

"Right after menstration, your cervix will be low and easier for you to reach. It will feel firmer and closed. During ovulation your cervix will be higher and more difficult to reach. It will also feel soft, wet and you may notice it feeling more open. If you have given birth before your cervix may feel more open than someone who has not. After ovulation, your cervix normally returns to a more firm, lower position."

That quote is from here:
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/cervical-charting.shtml

I hit Enter too soon.
I just remmembered that you were the one that I was talking to a couple of days ago about Preg. and Pre-***. I had forgot to mention the part about my cervix being high. When we were dicussing whether or not I had anything to worry about we concluded that I probably had nothing to worry about. Does the fact my CP was high make a difference here or do I still have nothing to worry about. Can your cervix go high for other reasons other than being fertile? Sorry I keep on and on about this, I'm just curious:) Thanks
I don't know if it is just me but now that I am pregnant when DH ejaculates inside of me and we take a break my cervix feels extra extra soft, to the point where I have told him he better get his rocks off the first time around because there will be no 2nd's for him! ;) I don't remember this with my other 2 pregnancies. has anyone else experianced this?
It goes high every cycle, but just because it goes high it doesn't necessarily mean you ovulated.  We have annovulatory cycles sometimes (they say about once a year) and the cervix still goes high just like every other time.  A high cervix happens mid-cycle, around ovulation time, but doesn't indicate when ovulation will occur.  **It's more important to know if the cervix is soft and open.**

If it's any consolation, cervical position alone is a horrible indicator of pregnancy and knowing an exact fertile time.  You said a couple days ago that you had creamy white cervical mucus, so I'd say it's highly likely you haven't ovulated yet.  Your cervix is just up there because you're mid-cycle and you'll ovulate in the near future.
Yes, during pregnancy your cervix is super high and super squishy.  I'm surprised you can actually reach it now.
Thanks :)
Well he is a very nice size! I have always been able to feel him hit my cervix!
Ahhh, got it.   I didn't understand you were talking about knowing it was squishy from him hitting it - I thought you were reaching it with your finger.  I can't tell if my cervix is squishy unless I touch it with my own finger.
I have never even tried to feel! I have personal issues with that or something! I am not to thrilled about "fisting" or "fingering" myself! I think I have an OCD when it comes to that! LOL! Nonetheless... I have never been able to use the tampons without the applicator and I will never be able to use anykind of BC that I have to stick inside of me! I know I am crazy!
funny. when I was getting my HSG, the big issue was the cervix kept getting in the way. The darn thing was just moving around. ....Even a tenaculum kept them from getting the darn catheter in my uterus.......
Yes I can tell a huge differance! It hurts a lot more when I am preggers! I don't know if it is because of his size or what! I am uncomfortable my whole pregnancy! I do get it sometimes when I am not preggers but very rarely! I freaked dh out at the beginning of the pregnancy and we didn't BD for like 3 weeks! LOL!
Maybe we should get something to hang our feet in before we do the deed :) so this will maybe knock our cervix back a bit :) I'll use it when I'm not pg alot more & u need one like today I'm guessing since yours is worse now, what would be agood name for the device?  :)LOL Then again I may need one today too I feel so much pressure down there  I hope my cervix stays in :)
*shock*  Who said anything about fisting?!?  Whoa, you're one kinky girl.  haha!
i wasnt awae that you could feel your own cervix either! what does it feel like? how do you know that thats what you are actually touching?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone, might no what would cause your cervics to be soft and enlarged. I had a period starting on Oct. 17th. My cycles run 30 days. I usually ovulate on the 16th day, but when that day came around. I had no normal signs of ovulation.(no increased cervical fluid)I was completely dry. I am now 23 days into this cycle and I have had milky white fluid for three days. I woke up this morining feeling really sick and my abdominal muscles feel like I did a whole days worth of crunches, but lower. I lost a baby in march and want to get pg again. Thanks for any info. that might help
I'm sorry for your loss. Hope u get pg soon. :)

I have no ideal on the open & close & hard & soft & wet & dry :)I just thought u know our mouthes r naturally wet if u put your finger in your mouth, so I just figured the same would go for a vag. But I'm sure before long someone can give u a good answer:)
It's amazing the stuff u learn on here, I'd even been thru nursing school & had never heard of someone checking there own cervix.
Hi! Its me AGAIN. I'm pretty sure I'm now ovulating. My CM has gone from creamy white to clear and very stretchy. We had the unprotected sex on Sunday. I'm starting to definitly think that I may have something to worry about.
Nah.  You get the stretchy stuff before you ovulate, and those swimmers only (realistically) live for 3 days inside you.  They're probably all gone today, and you won't ovulate for another couple of days.  You're probably fine.  :-)  

Take a hpt though when your period is due because I can see that you're really thinking hard about this.  :-)  Good luck and come back and let me know if you are!!!!!!!!!
Besides, you don't even know if he did ejaculate a little inside of you.  There's too many what-ifs and maybe's.  Relax, and have some chocolate.  lol!
Yeah your probably right :) I'm going to stop over analyzing now.
I understand about not knowing this stuff. I used to use the FAM method for bc. My body is pretty predictable. My last period came on time, I just had no cramps and I have bad ones. When you are fertile your cervics get higher and softer. Your cervical fluid increases. My cervics has benn soft and kind of high the entire month so far. And now I can't stop feeling nauseaous. I also have a lot of discomfort in my lower abdomin (abdomen) and lower back.
I know when I'm not pg many many times DH has hit my cervix (sometimes to where I wanna cry OUCH, things r great then all the sudden it's not fun anymore:)LOL
But when I'm pg it doesn't bother me near as much, like last wk (I was 33wks then)while bding DH stops & gets scared says he's hitting something & I said well it doesn't hurt & it's not the babies head so don't worry, but he chickened out so the next am I went in for my normal prenat visit & the DR said my cervix is lower & she could feel alot more pressure than she could 2wks before. It's just weird that when pg it doesn't hurt but when I'm not pg it's like hitting a tooth nerve. Can u tell a diff when pg or not? Til on this site I had no ideal people checked their own cervix position LOL
Im by no means an expert but I do know my cervix sits back further than most ( high as you call it) and I haventever experienced this " clicking" . Only a gynecologist can answer that for you. I would also mention this " clicking " you are experincing.
I have a ? about cervical position. I  got off of the pill the first week in October and am well past ovulation.  Dh and I are trying to conceive and I have had a few preg. symptoms.  However, I read that after ovulation your cervix will drop and become firm.  Well, mine is high (what seems high...I never heard about this until a couple of days ago, but I can barely reach it), but it is firm.  I thought if you were preggers, it was high and soft.  What do you ladies think?
clicking all the time with x husband [12 inches and verry thick] sometimes the quick `ouch` effect

and with current husband-never the clicking and he is small and skinny

actually enjoy current soooooo much more

thought this info might help
hello my fiancee n i are trying to concieve (conceive), i have been having morning sickness for like a week. i was suppose to get my period on tuesday, but instead i didnt and started spotting on wednesday and im always on time. my cervix is really high and really soft, what is going on please help??????
what does it mean when your cervix is high and soft???

thank you

hello i read a lot of the comments and it sounded like you guys know a lot..okey so iv missed my period for last month and have been feeling sick, every time i wake up i have heart burn and im more tired now than i used to be..my breasts hurt to the point i dont even let my boyfriend touch them..and my cervix is so high up now i cant really reach it..do you think i could be pregnant?