Cervix Scarred shut
I recently had a LEEP procedure done at the end of Feb.  The next month when I did not have my regular period I went to my OB to find my cervix had scarred shut.  He did a cervical dilation to allow me to drain and told me that if this did not work that I would need a D&C.  I have read where this does not always work and a hysterectomy may have to be done.  Does anyone know what percent of women with this condition end up having to have a hysterectomy?
HI,
Scarring of the cervix after LEEP procedure is common. However once the healing takes place, everything should be ok. Cervical dilatation should help keep open the cervix to drain the secretions and menstrual blood. The chance of such women needing a hysterectomy is very less. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
That's odd.  My Dr. said it was very rare for this to happen and can also be very painful. Which it has proven to be. There is not a lot of information avaliable so just woundering why I am now being told two different things.