Cervix grown over and lumpy mass in vaginal canal. Is it cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My period was missing for 2 months and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I took 2 pregnancy tests and chalked it up to stress as I had just gone through some very stressful situations such as moving and marital problems that made me feel sick with anxiety. Anyway, I stuck my finger up into my vagina to see if there was something blocking and indeed there was. My cervix is covered with a thick soft skin and there is a lumpy soft mass an inch below that on the wall of my vagina. It is pretty large. Needless to say this skin is blocking my period from coming out and I am terrified that the skin and mass are cancer coming from my cervix or uterus. Has anyone had a similar experience? I can't seem to find anything about this on the net. Is there anything besides cancer that the mass in my vagina could be? As I said the mass is large( a bit smaller than a golf ball) soft but bumpy at the end. I would appreciate any theories as to what this is. I am 38, have no children and no bleeding at all which I have heard happens with cancer. I do have extreme fatigue,loss of appetite and loss of weight. Please please help. I will be going to the hospital in the next few days to get it taken care of. I called a few clinics and womens health places and they seemed to think I should go to the ER because of the blocked period. I am praying this is not cancer and hope there is some other explanation but it seems bleak.
Tags: cervix, grown, grown over, lumpy, mass, vaginal, is it cancer?
Look up uterine fibroids and uterine polyps.  You're pretty young for cancer, try not to fear.  I assume the blocked period was painful, no wonder they are thinking of the ER, but get in asap and you won't need the ER necessarily.
Thanks for the tips. I sure hope one of those is the case instead of cancer. Than you for the bit of hope and comfort.
Go see a obgyn or planned parenthood asap