Cervix very soft two weeks after ovulation

I have PCOS, so I am charting my BBT, cervical fluid and cervix height to better understand my irregular cycles. I ovulated 13 days ago and am expecting my period tomorrow. I know that my cervix was soft and high at ovulation, but as of yesterday it is much, much softer than it has ever been. It is low but very squishy. It has also tilted so that it is hard to reach it even though it is low (this tilting has never happened before either.) I have read that the cervix becomes soft for pregnancy and this change can take place as early as 10-12 days past ovulation. My husband and I did have unprotected sex several days around my ovulation date. (I wasn't really expecting to ovulated because I often do not, plus he has a low sperm count so we aren't normally very fertile!) I have all of the usual PMS symptoms with extremely painful breasts (so bad my back and shoulders are sore when I move) and light cramps. On top of that I have nauseau, dizziness and frequent urination. I'm not really hoping to get pregnant anytime soon, but I am curious. Is it normal for the cervix to get very soft and spongy just before a period? It didn't even come close to getting this soft when I ovulated!
I know just from personal experience and daily checking that mine is low and very soft just b4 and a day after af.