Chafing between my legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Chafing between my legs

Hi I am a black women with light skin doc i been having a problem with chafing for a very long time, due to long period of chafing without treatment i ended up with discoloration and bumps between my legs which looks awful and embrassing I'm afriad to wear a swim suit or a mini shirt ashame to even lift my foot up or open my legs, or to be in a relationship because of the extend in which the chafing as reach it looks really treibble because my skin is light and between my legs is black, I know a lot of black women which are being affected by this, I know I'm not alone but i really would like the discloration to go away doc I am asking if u can help me out, this think is affecting my life. Plz Reply.
This is a patient to patient forum, no docs here.  Sorry.  I just didn't want you to be upset when you didn't get a reply.

I wish I had some advice.  I am caucasian, so I don'have any knowledge of your condition.  Don't let it keep you from enjoying your life.
I would recommend going to a dermatologist.  I'm sure they could try laser or some type of cream.
I have PCO and being darker under the breasts, between legs, back of the neck, underarm are common. I get embarrased wearing collarless shirts so went to see a dermatologist. He gave me a prescription lotion. Also with diabetes that happens I heard. Your dematologist might have you do some blood work to check your levels. Good luck.
I used to be heavier and because my legs used to rub, it did get a little darker than usual, and I'm caucasian. It might not be as bad as you but I haven't done anything about it, because I don't think theres much you can do about it. I wouldn't trust lasers. I've heard that lasers on dark skins will leave a scare, which you don't want. But you should still go see a dermatologist just to be on the safe side.
Hope things get better.
Home Remedies for Dark Skin
Here are some simple home remedies that you can do to lighten the skin tone and get a lighter complexion. However, they must be done regularly and best results are obtained if they are inculcated as a part of daily routine.

Mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice, and ½ tsp of almond oil. Apply on face and wash off after 10-15 minutes. This pack helps bring shine to the skin and also removes tan.

Mix oatmeal with curd and tomato juice and apply on the face. Keep it on for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water. It helps remove the tan and lightens the skin.

Place sliced raw potato on the face. It helps reduce blemishes and other marks.

Applying turmeric powder along with lime juice removes the tan. Lime juice is a natural bleach.

Dried orange peels mixed with curd also help reduce blemishes and scars. Wash off this mixture with cold water after 15 minutes.

Soak 4 almonds overnight. Grind into a fine paste using milk. Apply on face and neck and leave it overnight. Wash with cold water in the morning. Do this daily for 15 days, followed by twice a week.

A tbsp of gram flour mixed with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice works well for lightening dark skin. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off. Repeat for 4 weeks and follow up with once a week.

Apply a paste of fresh ground mint leaves and leave it for about 20 minutes. Wash with cold water, continue for 15 days.

Apply a mixture of grated tomato with 2-3 drops of lime juice on the face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off. Do this twice a day for 15-20 days for best results.

Dark Skin : Home Remedies suggested by users
Balanced Diet
Although there are no particular foods that will lighten your skin instantly, a balanced diet definitely helps by giving your skin a healthy glow. Drinking an optimum amount of water hydrates your skin and keeps it blemish free. Some recommendations regarding diet are as follows –

Avoid excessive consumption of heavy and oily foods.

Incorporate whole cereals, pulses, fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.

Drink at least 4-5 liters of water every day. Water washes out the toxins from the body.

Other suggestions for Dark Skin

Use a good quality sunscreen when going out in the sun to protect the skin from tanning as well as the sun's UV rays.

Be regular and persistent with the home remedies for skin lightening as suggested above
ALSO TRY LEMON JUICE  and I also believe lavender oil helps reduce scarring
marie