Change in vaginal odor
I am mid-40's and I started noticing an change in vaginal odor and color of discharge about 2 years ago, about the same time I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids/polyps. I never had a strong odor prior to this. It's not the fishy smell, more of a parmesian cheese smell - yuck!

I have also been checked for any and every type of infection with negative results. My gynocologist said that my vaginal tract Iis not acidic enough. She prescibed me boric acid vaginal suppositories (that work for about 12 hrs and are toxic) and I took acidophilus orally for about 3 months without improvement.

My vaginal discharge is more yellowish than clear. My gynocologist is not concerned, but she doesn't have to live with it! I'm very self-conscious during intimate times with my husband.

Does anyone know if the odor is related to the presence of fibroids, acid/base balance or does this happen when you start getting in the middle years??? Thanks for the feedback....