Chemical pregnancy and periods confusion

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I am absolutely befuddled and wondered if I could share my story and if anyone can relate at all.

The day my period was due I took a pregnancy test and got a positive result. I had had some symptoms all the previous week so I felt fairly confident I was. I played badminton and started having twinges and sharp pains and started spotting a little. The pains started to get a little worse but were still only mild so I took myself to the doctor just to see what was going on. They did a urine test and confirmed pregnancy too. Told me to book in for a scan, took my bloods and told me to come back the following day to repeat blood test. I went in the following day and told the blood test was negative. The called the day after and said the second blood test was negative as well. I was rather confused by this. I still had twinges but no bleeding. Three days later I started having horrendous cramps and bright red bleeding. Well I assumed the inevitable was happening. It must have been a chemical pregnancy. Now normally I bleed for 7 days straight, very heavy with loads of clots, not little clots BIG BIG clots (sorry if TMI). But I had none of that. In fact my bleeding lasted only 3 days. WHAT THE??!!  My boobs started swelling again once the bleeding stopped and I started getting nauseous in the evenings. I played badminton again a week later and started getting bad pains again and slight spotting. EH?! Over the following few weeks, pains didn't stop, pulling down in my pelvic area, sharp pains every now and then, lifting heavy stuff caused spotting. Sheesh! So I waited patiently for my next period to start, assuming that it would be incredibly heavy and long as it would have two periods worth to expel, as it surely didn't get rid of everything from the last round of bleeding.  OMG the PAIN! Two days before bleeding started, I hurt like blinken hell! Then a day of no pain, then the bleeding started. A few clots this time, very heavy bleeding but once again only three days of bleeding. I have never ever had a three day period in my life!! I WISH this was a regular occurance. However a week on and I am still hurting. Three weeks ago my heartbeat started becoming quite pronounced in my abdomen. I can literally see it jumping through my skin. Yesterday when I sat down, my pants were riding a little too low and got stuck on the lower part of my abdomen and I could feel my pulse really strongly just above my pubic bone. Three days ago I had a weird discharge (TMI sorry) but it wasn't egg white like, ya know the stringy slippery kind... it was more of a jelly globby thing, about the size of a small marble. Slightly yellow in colour with a couple of spots of blood. This continued when I wiped for most of two days. My boobs are still a cup size larger than when this is all started. They still swell in the evenings and hurt and I get pains in them. I still have pains in my lower abdomen. I have a pulling and pinching from my ovary areas down to my Vag area and it's all just ridiculous. I'm still getting negative pregnancy tests of course. Because clearly I am no longer pregnant... but what the heck is going on?
I've read all sorts of things online, cryptic pregnancies etc. Sheesh.
My maternal grandmother had issues with cysts and my paternal aunt had her periods throughout her pregnancies. I have one child already, I have been pregnant 4 times before and quite frankly these pains are similar to the pregnancy I had before I had my son. Except pregnancy tests are negative and I have weird as heck periods. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Waiting on an u/s to see what is going on, but that could still be a month away.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/later-found-out-pregnant-after-negative-blood-and-urine-tests/show/25891

Heres a Link I wanted to post to you some of the post in this are similar to whats going on with you Maybe this will help I hope so Keep me updated
Good luck :)))
Thanks muchly, yes I have read that thread and posted this same lot of info in it.
Just found out I will get an u/s on Thursday. So fingers crossed they will figure out what is going on.
To add to my novel I appear to have written, every time I eat and I mean EVERY time, my breasts start to swell. They appear to get quite full and increase what appears to be at least a cup size and they HURT!! I get sharp pains... it's like they are filling with milk. If I don't eat then they kinda stay normal but who can go without eating?! My underwire starts to feel like it is cutting into me. This is quite frustrating!
Retta_monroe commented on When Your Cold Is Not...
Des_a_rae, KTowne, and pb95 commented on Des_a_rae's status
JuliWordgirl looking for information on ... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals