Chest Pain comes and goes.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Chest Pain comes and goes.

For the past 6 months, I have had pain in my chest that comes and goes.  It is mostly on the left side of my chest, near the center.  I went to the doctor 3 times.  The first time he did an EKG and a chest x-ray, and did not find any problems.  He said it wes probably heartburn.
The second time I went, I also had some pain in my back, between my spine and shoulder blade, on the left side.  A different doctor there said that I had a pinched nerve and that the pain was radiating into my chest.
When the back pain went away but the chest pain came back, I went a third time to a different doctor in the same office.  She could not find any reason for my pain, did not do any tests but did a quick breast exam.  She did not feel anything out of the ordinary, but when she pressed on by breast it hurt.  This was a day before my period started.  She said maybe it was a pulled muscle.
The pain sometimes feels like it is in the front part of my chest, sometimes my breast hurts also.  My breasts look fine, aside from a small area on the left nipple that seems to be a bit puffy.  I feel better when I lay down, but when I get up I have pain like you feel when you have an injury and you get up from resting.  I have not had any chest trauma.
Could this be merely heartburn?  A pulled muscle?  Or something in my breast?  I have not seen my ob/gyn yet, I am going to call today.
I wanted to add that the pain is in the upper part of the left side of my chest, near the center of my body, and sometimes the right side of my left breast.
I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I know how scary chest pain can be. Unfortunatley if could be a number of things, mostly not serious, that can be impossible to narrow down. It could be the way your bones are, a pulled muscle, or maybe even hormones. Rest assured that if your heart rate is good, your blood pressure is good and the EKG showed nothing that your heart is most likely just fine. I wouldn't worry about your breast as it is normal for them to be sore before your period starts. How old are you? Have you had a mamogram (mammogram) yet? If you are 30 or over, request one and this should put your mind at ease.

This could also be something that is in your lungs. Do you smoke? It wouldn't be a bad idea to go see a chiropratctor as well. This could be as simple as a misalignment in your bones.

Good luick to you.
It can also be anxiety.  It manifests itself in numerous ways.  Did the doctor mention throw that out there?  I experience it even when I'm not stressed.
I've had this exact symptom. The doctors did every test in the book and said there's no reason for my pain. But my psychiatrist said that it could be something like a nervous tick (or whatever it's called). I have anxiety and panic attacks. I've had numerous other symptoms as well that scared me into believing it was a heart problem. But everything checked out fine. I also got the "it could be heart burn, could be pinched nerve, could be pulled muscle". I'm sorry you're going through this, but it's comforting to me that someone else is describing the same exact thing as me and I know I'm not going crazy. I've been taking anti-anxiety meds which have helped with most of the other symptoms, but this one seems to linger. It comes and goes. Most days I feel normal, and then others I get the weird pain. It doesn't really scare me any more. I've just learned to deal with it because there's really nothing else the doctors can or will do about it except shrug it off as anxiety. So I've pretty much accepted that that's what it is. Good luck!
Well I'm glad this post was started because others chimed in and it's nice to know I'm not alone with anxiety causing chest pains. It happens to me for weeks at a time every few years or so.

Sparkeler & Aruba, do you ever get heart palpatations for no apparent reason? Even when I think I'm under no stress I'll have evenings when suddenly I feel my heart pounding, not necessarily too fast but loud or forceful. Especially if I'm trying to fall asleep it can make me so worried there's something wrong- and then it does start beating fast! Sometimes I even have to get up and walk around to calm down. Anyone else have this?
I had a couple of really bad anxiety attacks.  My heart started pounding, I couldn't breathe, I got light headed and my whole body started to tingle.  I thought it was a heart attack. (Last one happened at 22, I'm 25 now.) I was so scared.  Usually, I don't hear my heart beat.  Sometimes I can feel it. When I'm worried or upset, my chest starts to really tighten and hurt.  I'm on lexapro and take xanax when needed.  The xanax definatly helps with the chest pains.
Thanks for all of the replies!  I thought I was going crazy.  One of the doctors asked me if I suffered from depression, which I don't, but I did notice that If I get upset it gets worse.  when I am resting, it goes away.  You all have been very helpful.
To answer one of the replies, I am 33 and do not smoke.
You know, even though they say the Xanax doesn't stay in your system, I tend to think it does. Especially because I notice the dreaming, too on nights that I DON'T take it as well as nights that I do. But usually it's when I'm taking it a few times a week, as opposed to a few times a month, which is now how I usually am. It's pretty controlled right now, thank God.

Yeah, I've always worried since I was little, too. I remember if my mom or dad was late coming home from work, I would sit in my room and look out the window, crying and praying that they weren't in a car accident or something!!! How crazy is THAT?! Kids shouldn't think like that. I'm not like that anymore as far as on a concious level...now it's mainly the physical symptoms that make me start worrying. I mean, I have bills and family with health issues and the normal everyday life stresses, and that doesn't really bother me conciously. But somewhere inside it must. If you ask me how my life is, I can honestly say it's great and I don't dwell on anything. But once the physical symptoms start, I'm like, "oh my God, it's a heart problem, I'm going to die, there's something wrong with me, etc."

OMG I did that too as a little kid.  I was actually going to post that, but I thought it was a little nuts.  If one or both of my parents were out late, I would sneak out of bed, look out the window, cry, and pray they were safe.  I would sit there staring out the window until they got home.  I even went as far as dialing 911 behind my fathers back b/c I was convinced my mother wasn't coming home.  Yea, I dont know many kids who were like that.  I now have replaced my "kid" anxiety with "adult" anxiety.  I'm a little more rational.  But  I have to work hard at keep it under control.  It does affect me physically though.  That's when my chest starts to hurt.
That freakin sucks, we were both nutty kids! ha ha! At least I don't feel so stupid now knowing that there were other kids out there that thought the same way. Anxiety runs in my family bad. On both sides, so I was prone to be doomed I guess!
Yeah, I go through these "relapses" where I'll have a period of time where they happen a LOT, sometimes all day long. Then I'll go through a period of time when I only get like one or two in a month. Sometimes never during a month. It's really weird.

I take Effexor, and Xanax only when needed. Sparkler, you're right...the Xanax REALLY helps. Do you dream a lot when  you take the Xanax? I think I've finally put two and two together. I go through these periods where I dream constantly, all night, and it really bugs me because I feel like my brain can never rest. And I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the nights I take Xanax. I haven't had the urge to take a Xanax at night in about a month, so I haven't noticed any dream-filled nights.
I have been dreaming alot lately.  But I didn't take the xanax last night and I was having some crazy dreams.  I like to take it at night when I come home from work. Then I shower, watch t.v., and just sit in my own world for a few hours.  I don't do it every night (3 times a week), but my mind never stops racing.  (I wont take it during the day, and I wont, only if it gets really bad.)  I constantly obsess and worry over everyhting.  I exercise, take lexapro, have done a lot of counseling.  But I always worry, ever since I was a little girl. It's something I know has been apart of me since I was born.  My parents told me they could never leave me anywhere, even as a little baby, because I would hyperventilate until I was in their arms again.  I recognize feeling this way too as early as 4 years old.  Anyway,  I love the xanax because, if only for those few hours, my mind just doesn't stress and I'm able to enjoy the peace.
So nice to know I'm not alone! My anxieties were different when I was a kid but I had them. Depression too. I've actually been better as an adult and since my late 20's (10 yrs ago), it's been very intermittent and I haven't needed any treatment. When I do get really stressed, though, it's always my heart that bothers me- I always figured because I have a murmur (real not imagined, lol) with mitral valve prolapse. Not a big deal for now but my dad has had problems and he will soon have his mitral valve replaced. I've been thinking lately about him and my husband's health isn't good so I worry about him too. During the day I'm fine, but as soon as I lie down to sleep my heart pounds, even if I'm not conciously thinking about anything stressful. I've thought of trying a sleep aid, I may ask for one at my physical in December. Never tried one before & I don't think I'd need it often but it sure would be nice once in a while!
Above was intended for you as well, your name was chopped off the 'comment to' section! (happens a lot it seems, cant figure out why sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't)
I have had them since in my early 20's. Try cutting out anything brown from your diet. I know it sucks, but no chocolate, no tea, no coffee, no tobacco, no Coke etc.. Caffine tends to bring them on and my Cardiologist told me to follow the Brown Rule when I am having difficult times with them.
Just a suggestion but it does work. I have, over the years, found that I'd rather suffer the stress of having the palpations and enjoy my coffee and chocolate, after I figured out that the heart flutterings and poundings wasn't going to kill me on the spot.LOL But they do freak you out when they first start.. Also the Mitral Valve Prolapse can cause these symptoms.. Even then I believe the Brown Rule applies but you can ask your Doc.
I doubt this was much help, but I try.LOL
--J
Hi, Thanks for your input. A doctor once did tell me caffeine could cause them, but I can't stay away from it either. I don't drink as much coffee as I did at one time but you'd have to lock me up and take away my car keys to keep me away from chocolate! Another doc told me that antihistamines and other meds can cause palpatations, and I have allergies so I do take Zyrtec some days & I haven't charted to see if there's a correlation. I can't stop taking it, I wouldn't sleep any better if my nose was running & my eyes were itchy! I hadn't thought about the mitral valve causing it, no one ever told me that but it makes sense, thanks for that info. I guess with all these triggers I just will continue to deal with it. When it bothers me I try to calm myself by thinking that the good news is I know it's beating, which is better than the alternative...
Glad I was able to help.. There is one other thing that may sound strange but it helped me. Like I said, initially, every single time my heart would start that fluttering stuff, as if it was out of wack, it would really scare me, the fear caused the adrenaline to start flowing which only adds fuel to the fire. So I would go and stick my head into a sink filled with ice water. The SHOCK of it gave my heart a bit of a jolt which would regulate the beat. Like I said, I know it sounds wierd, but it did work a lot of the time.
It also helps just knowing that you are not alone. That many women have the same problem and carry on normal lives.
You are SO not alone.
--J
Hi I would like to ask a question if i may i also have been having some weired fillings in my upper left part of my chest and i to have been on zoloft but my real question is if im on meds why do i still have pannic attacts and things like that i am being treated for anxiety please help me with an answer
ok i have somewhat similqar symptoms though the pain is not only inthe center and in my left breat but in my right one too. I have been going through a roucgh time lately so what you say of heartburn and anxiety can be what is happening ot me also. The thing is that my heartbeat is very fast and im scared of heart attacks.. However im only 15 years old so i dont know what this can be. Please, oif you can help me ill be holding my breath till you answer!
There are literally thousands of us out in this big wide scary world of ours that suffer from the "I think I'm having a heart attack" syndrome. Fear is the strangest manipulator of bodily expression I have come across. Since 1995 I have been suffering from those dreaded and feared anxiety attacks that all of a sudden explode into full blow panic attacks... you know, the ones where you heart beats like the heart in the film "The Mask"! Boing!, Boing, it springs in and out of your chest so far you just know everyone around you can see you having an abnormal heart rhythm as their eyes see your exploding heart 3 meters in front of your chest. But the thing is, they can't really see that at all. Your fear has gripped you so tight the only way someone can know you are having a health crisis is by saying to them "I think I'm having a heart attack!" These chronic episodes of fear, ...fear of having it happen again, fear of facing issues that stress you out, fear of heights, fear of the unknown, fear of getting out of the house, fear of spiders, fears of being bashed in the street, any fear at all can have devastating effects on your body and it is manifested by your body shaking, hot or cold sweats, heart pounding, dizziness, chest pain, unreality around you - a sort of feeling you are not on the same planet as those around you, muscle spasms, crying uncontrollably, weakness as if you can't stand or make your way to seat to sit down, it is all debilitating and very very scary and oh so real!. If in any doubt at all get yourself off to your doctor or even an ambulance if you are really unsure about any of your symptoms, it is always better to be safe than sorry. Once you have been told a number of times that it is panic/anxiety you now have to stop fearing it attacking you again, either later today, or tomorrow, or next week, because if you don't clonk that on the head now, your fear will trigger another attack for sure. So I suggest when you feel you are having an attack, simply talk to it. It is only an "IT" remember that. "IT" won't kill you and even though you feel out-of-control you won't end up a mangled wreck and a total write-off at the end of it. Once you start to recognize it as something that can't really kill you then you are on your way to scaring the very thing that scares you, away. Deal with "IT" in a positive manner talk to it, go on... say hello to "IT" if it comes at you again, ask how it's going!, then make sure anxiety and panic know where the door is so they can make their hasty retreat through it because they'll now realize you are no longer scared of them popping in. There's a great little book out about "IT" I can't remember or find the exact title but just ask your doctor or specialist or book store who may just be able to locate a copy for you. I don't get them like I used to and when I do they are usually gone within a couple of minutes and I'm getting on with things as normal again. Good luck everyone... worth trying you know you've only got anxiety and panic to lose! Give it a try, May your force be with you!.
Well i am glad to hear i'm not alone in this world, the words are taken right out of my mouth!i really like this forum to relate to and as well seek advice lets stay strong people!
Last night i went to the hospital and had a chest x-ray and an ekg done it was PERFECT but still my anxiety managed to find something else wrong with me it suddenly went to being about my heart to today my breast i guess we just have to live and play the hand we're given! i take panic attacks holy **** there scary!!!!!~but i'm managing to cope it out, i just hate that my mind always figures to find something wrong with me and it seems i manifest symptoms up in my head especially if i google things i read them and boom their there, well i gotta give my lil guy a bath so Chaio 4 now!
Loopyles, i understand what you are feeling about anxiety thinking their is always something wrong.....your not alone me too ,well i have ben to ER years ago many times palps and anxiety if it wasn't heart it was hyperventating ........so now for weeks i keep feeling my stomach thinking something bad is wrong ,when i look it up i find scary things ,i get panic attacks and it is ruining my life in suffer ocd ,but fear taking paxil side effects i do take xanax and beta blocker ...i'm glad your tests came out good ,i think reasuurance is helpful,i get scared anymore tell docter ....lol i'm stuck in FEAR big time ,hope your doing okay ,nice not feel alone to share with others .....mady
I have been reading all of the postings and I too am glad that I am not alone!!  I have been having chest pain, pain in my back, tingling in my arms, and I TOO have been tested over the last year for just about everyting.  I am getting to the point that I believe my doctor and husband think that I am nuts.

Anyone have any advice??  I have been freaked out about dying from a heart attack ever since my early 20's and now especially since my daughter was born.  My uncle died at the age of 28 from a massive heart attack.

Definitely has me freaked!!!
here is a link to a website i think you would find helpful, i had something similar and came across this article. there are also links to other disorders that share common characteristics, hope it helps!

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/costochondritis/article_em.htm
I also think what you describe is very very similar to costochondritis. I have panic and anxiety issues, however I never had them manifest as the pain in the chest... I'm more of the my skin is on fire type or just dont sleep for days type.... mine is controlled well now...I also have fibromyalgia and lupus and a variety of other problems including costochondritis... let me ask if it every feels heavy like someone is stepping on your chest... oh btw I get this one both sides... and it is an inflamation (inflammation) of the ligaments and tendons where your ribs connect to the sternum and it can feel like or hurt in your back sometimes i get it full upper body and it feels like a pressure through my front and back... this pain can be minimal and it can be as severe as heart attack pain. This thing is like tendinitis on your ribs... if you ever had tendinitis anywhere else you know the best thing for it is rest and the pain will be worse when moving and less when being still... so why does costchondritis seem like sometimes even lying still hurts and why does it sometimes last for a long time... because we humans breathe and breathing aggravates that inflammation... kinda like continuing to play tennis with tennis elbow. Also pain itself increases your blood pressure and pain can also put a person prone to anxeity or panic into a panic... there are a number of pain similar to costochondritis... also most docs can only test perhaps your lvl of inflammation or what is called your sed rate and there are points where they can press on the sternum and you will let them know you have it if you do... there is also a thing that is a little more rare where the lining between the heart and ribs can be inflammed... it is also possible you have fibromyalgia which tends to just give us pain anywhere with no proof... I have been dealing with my own demons since I was 15 and i'm 30 now... finally I turn the big 30 and i'm taken a bit more seriously. Also one last thing lol yes these pains can also be caused by anxiety and stress... but it would not hurt to look this up or ask a good general doc or is you are able see a rheumatoid doc.
Wow, I have been making myself crazy because all I can think about is this stupid pain. Well its not stupid it is scary. It is located to the top of my left breast and it is a sharp to dull pain that comes and goes. I have been diagnosed with  Costochondritis and I am not sure what all that entails so I was looking for some support here. I got a steroid shot on Tuesday and a prescription of Previcid. What is weird is the pain does not seem to bother me when I am relaxed. But sense I worry about it all the time I have wine to relax and it helps. Is this weird or what? The more I worry over this the more it seems to act up. I went to massage therapy on Tuesday also and I felt amazing until yesterday evening! I think that the massage relaxed me and eased my mind and that is why the pain subsided for a while. Does anyone else on here feel this way?? Please respond asap..Thank you for your time!!
hi iv been reading all this stuff while iv been in a state of anxiety because of a pain in the centre but left side of my chest it feels like a nerve is been pinched but thanks to what im reading i feel much better i have been diagnosed with having a panic and anxiety disorder that started over 3yrs ago thank god i have learned how to cope with it but there always seems to be a new symptem i feel like im choking alot of the time i wonder does anxiety ever realy go away id love to know if anyone has ever recovered 100% pleas let me know if anyone has and how you did it thanks
i keep getting jolting pains      about 5   to be exaact tonight      Never any other time    what's up wiiiithh   that  ????????????any ideas   and then yhe7y are gone now    and was just laying in bed wqatching  tv

on my left side under my breast
I have had the same chest pain symptons for years.  For a while I was on heart medication which made me feel worse.  I was finally diagnosed with anxiety attacks and put on Xanax.

A word about Xanax - it's very addicting.  It is too much of a roller coaster effect when it wears off.  After years of going to various psychiatrists, I am now taking Zoloft (generic Sertraline) and generic Buspirone (Buspar).  They are both long lasting so I don't get that sudden panic feeling.  I have not had chest pain in years, as long as I keep taking my medicine.  
I am seventeen years old and I have this pain. My friends all thought I was making it up and for a while I thought maybe I was crazy. I am, however, very concerned because I am so young. I haven't seen a doctor yet.
hey i need some advice cause this bothers me alot although i try not to think about it, like honestly idk anymore,its like i have this pain in my chest that come and goes every 10 seconds or every 10 minutes but its not only in my chest its sometimes by my breast or under my breast like doesnt stay in one place and idk what it is and i really try to ignore it but its just when i feel the pain its hard to ignore and its like a sharp pain
Hi im 22 i keep getting pains in my left side above my boob and around it but never in middiel of chest i went doc she listened to my heart and that is all fine my blood and pulse was fine to but still worries me wat it is .
i have the exact same pain that you are describing i have thousands of dollars in er bills because of no insurance, trying to figure out what this pain is from well finally after thinking i'm off my rocker i went to a chiropractor and he told me i have teitze syndrome from having plureisy back in november. i always have ribs out and back spasms, i'm on loritab and xanax. the loritab helps i haven't tried the xanax yet but it is always closr to me just in case. i also found out i have a cyst under my left breast which is common for women with costochodritis.  the cyst is to small to drain so now i;m on antibotics also on vitamin e and prime rose  both work great.  you are certainly not alone . and research shows there are 50million women who deal with this same problem. the er dr suggested doing yoga and just relaxing. i have good days and bad days  today thankfully is a good day.   best of luck to you  
did u ever find the cause of this..??..i'm 23 and i started a job i was having chest pain too...but that was when i was 22 couple months after found out i was having my 3rd son...then Clubbing Nails i have now..:( my doctors are doing the same thing yours is...feels like they don't really care...always trying to rush me out...im going back tomorrow to see whats wrong...
I don't like that there are other people experiencing this but I'm happy to know I'm not the only one with it. I'm an 18 year old female and starting about a year ago I used to get an extremely sharp pain in the left side of my chest that lasted for a second. Like I got stabbed really quick. It would stay uncomfortable for a bit. Then about a week ago I was laying down in bed and I had the worst sharp pain I've ever had and it stayed uncomfortable for longer, then about 2 days after that I had 4 really sharp pains. I was freaking out because it's usually only 1. I went to the hospital and they did 2 blood tests on both arms, and EKG, an xray and a CT scan of my chest. He thought I had a blood clot in my lung because I'm on birth control and he said most people who come in my age and on birth control pills have that but everything came back completely normal. He said take an Advil if it hurts again and if the pain doesn't go away, to come back. So the next day I was having a lot of chest discomfort that wouldn't go away and I took a pain killer but I had plenty of sharp pains throughout the day so I went back to the hospital but I had a different doctor. The didn't give me anymore tests because I already had them but he gave me an EKG which again came back normal. Both doctors said it could be anything in that area like a muscle or something. The last doctor I saw prescribed me pain killers and said take 2 a day even if it doesn't hurt but it's been hurting all week. Pressure and sharp pain, but a bit dulled from the pain killers. I didn't take one this morning when I was supposed to (he said take for 5 days then gave me a few more if it was still hurting after) but the pain came back so I took one right away. It's a tiny bit better but barely, it's still really uncomfortable and painful. It seems to get a lot worse when I get upset like a lot of people said on here. I have a doctor appointment with my family doctor tomorrow. I want to get to the bottom of this, I don't want to take two 500 mg of pain killers everyday for who knows how long. I get a lot of pain here and there in my body that doesn't bother me much and I deal with it, it's the fact that it's right where my heart is which scares the hell out of me which is probably exactly how all you feel. Even if the doctors do all the tests and they say your heart and lungs are fine it's probably a muscle, when it's in the left side of your chest nothing else but "heart problems" runs through your mind. I hope everyone else finds a solution to this too, it's unbelievably scary to go through.
I have a really bad pain in the center of my chest, that is better when i lay down or i am still, but comes and goes regardless of what im doing, it has been happening for about 2 wks now and is getting worse and lasting longer. I also get pain in my neck, and shoulders, esp the left, sometimes with nausea and dizzyness, sometimes not. I do however have servere anxiety and panic disorder, and take Xanax as needed to control them, however i have had the anxiety disorder for approx 20 yrs now. I am 38 now. I do get shortness of breath sometimes but Im not sure its not cause im freaking out and im causing myself to have a panic attack, same when the chest pain comes on. Im really concerned about it, both my parents have heart disease and these symptoms are really scaring me...
You should have Holter study or possibky an echocardiogram if you have not already. They may have run an EKG, but you would have to be presenting problems at the time for it show up. An holter study takes an EKG for 24 hours, so if it happens in that time the EKG will show an abnormaility if there is one. Then they may move on to an echo, which checks to see if there is anything structurally wrong with your heart. It could be a number of things from harlmess palpitations to an ischemic heart issue (which is where there is a blocked vessel cutting off blood). This is what leads to a myocaridial infarction or a heart attack, which is necrosis (tissue death) on partof the heart. Im sure you're fine, lots of people experience this symptom. Good LuckI
I would also like to add that your symptoms correspond with PCS or Precordial Catch Syndrome. It is the most common type of chest pain and completly unrelated to a heart attack. I would still get the holter to rule out the possibillity of a more serious problem
I get chest pains too- but only when I am trying to fall asleep and stressed that I can't. Then I freak out and sit up because I don't have those pains in the daytime. What can I take to stop this? Or should I just try to relax when I sleep. ( it's really turning out to be a bad habit because I only fall asleep when I physically can't keep my eyes open and I end up only getting 3-4 hours of sleep from this) :-/
I have been to the ER twice in the last year and a half with a rapid heart rate. Both times they did an EKG and it was fine, they also tested my thyroid and it was fine too. They determined I was having anxiety attacks and prescribed Xanax. I have had a few episodes since then and the Xanax seemed to work. The last week I have been having pain on the left side(sometimes right) and middle of my chest. Not severe pain but definitely noticeable. It feels like I need to burp and when I can it releives it for a little bit?? Anyone else have these symptoms? I am 38 with no heart problems in my family history. Yet I am stressing out about this.
I have similar problem however, I have a Hiatal Hernia and my doctors believe that my chest pain is from the hernia and now with the medication I am on they believe that I have a pinch nerve. Some times the anxiety medication I am on helps it. I have pain purtruding out my left breast going into my left shoulder blade down my left arm.
Ive been having those same symptons with the random pain in the left to center of my upper chest. Its not severe just a little pain here and there. My 13 month old daughter was just in the hospital 1 week ago and diagnosed with complex febrial seizures. I think its just from me worrying shes gonna have another one.
Mine occurs in the evening.  Pain/pressure in my entire chest area.  I have read it could be something to do with menopause. Chest pains is a sympton of menopause.  I am 47 (soon to be 48) and the doc told me I was in post menopause last year.  I need to go get checked but reluctant since my mom recently passed away with lung cancer.  I am scared.
I also get this. I haven't been to the doctor yet because I don't have any insurance. I think it might be a hiatal hernia. What does your chest pain feel like? How old are you and what's your gender?
Hi.  I have been getting chest pains (centre and left side) and pain down my left arm.  I also would get some burning, shortness of breath and gas (some burping would relieve a bit). I had an EKG, blood test, chest X-ray, stress test and ECO.  I am going for more tests since these pains are always there, but just different severity.  My heart rate is high now even at rest and I cannot breathe as well.  If nothing there, it could also be a hiatus hernia, although I have more symptoms than you would typically see just with that.  Other folks talk about being anxious, but I do not feel any more anxious than I normally do.
i have almost thesame symptoms xanax helps me to i also have pain under my left shoulder blade do you my email is mandyd_08***@****
Yes, I also get some pain under my left shoulder blade and sometimes in the middle of my upper back.
  I am 51 years old with a family hx of heart disease on my father's side. I started having chest pain midsternal that radiated down by left arm and between my shoulder blades. I have been hospitalized twice, 12 lead EKG, exercise stress echo, CT scans with contrast that have all been negative. I had an EGD because I have reflux and it showed mild esophogitis. THe doctors gave me a long acting nitro for esophageal spasms that they only suspected me to be having. The medication made me extremely nauseated with vomiting, dizzy and horrible headache. I am currently undergoing more testing due to the symptoms continuing everyday at varying intensity. I have palpitations with bounding pulses which proved to be PVC's that when I feel them I get the chest pain with a bounding headache. I too am post menapausal but I believe pain in any form is not normal and it is your body telling you something is wrong. I luckily have a physician who is as determined as me to find the cause. I will keep you posted!
Hi when i was 17 i started having chest pains on the right side one day the pain stayed and went down my arm when i went to the  dr they did a EKG  nothing was wronge so they told me i pulled a muscle well i went and got a Physical done well cam back i had imflamation in my lungs after awhile i wasnt hurting at all i went smoking for a year im 19 now and i  just starting bak 3 months ago now the left and the right hurt not all the time just comes and goes but i know what it is and i still have some of the meds from last time go to ur dr and tell them u wont to get ur lungs checked  if u dnt smoke u could get it just by being around smoke like a fire wood heaters or anyone else that smokes
I'm 30 yr old male and have had this same problem for 9 years now doctors can not tell me whats wrong and I'm sick of felling this pain
Its gallstones
U have gallstones I bet
I'm only 11 yet I get chest pains too. I tell my mom that I think I have heartburn but she says I'm too young. I have it right now and it hurts dearly. I haven't went to a doctor and it comes more often then not.
Am 21 and female and am curious about chest pains that I've been having recently. Its kind of a dull ache but sometimes comes with a little sharp pain but nothing unbearable. I also then couldn't swallow properly like there was a lump in the back of my throat, and yesterday morning woke up and was dizzy and had blurred vision. Ive also been urinating a lot more than before. This has been going of for just over 2 weeks. I did what most people do and looked my symptoms up on the internet, even though I know this was a bad idea and I've made myself believe in the worst, in that I possibly could have cancer. For the last 2 weeks Ive been losing sleep thinking about it, crying for no apparent reason, sweating and having constant fear. I then read that this could all be caused by anxiety, now I really want to believe its anxiety rather than cancer, but am terrified to go doctors and get it checked out incase he says those words that none of us want to hear. I kept rereading on the internet and there was also a possible option of being pregnant.

Does anyone else feel like this??????????????????????
I was just diagnosed with this yesterday. I think it's part of what's going on with me but it really is so scary. I was put on Zoloft and anxiety meds too. I can relate to everyone on here. I'm going to try meditation and breathing exercises because I do not want to be on meds. Good luck everyone!!
I am 28 years old, working women. Right now I am having pain in the right side of my chest (more like under the breast line). Can't take full breath, gets worse each time I breathe. Its not unbearable but still its painful. I just found something call "Pneumothorax" as the result of my symptom. My BP is always low now I just checked its 95/84. Do I need to see a DR.? Is it something serious?  
I get the same pain in upper middle breast.  I have large breasts and suffer back problems, it happens when my back is out between my shoulder blades just above the ideal place for the bra strap to sit.  It is tender on the breast to touch but as soon as I crack my back back in it goes straight away.  I'm over weight and 42 years old, but the YEARS of back trouble and experiencing referred pain and other affects (feelings of tight rubber band around big tow and sciatic nerve (base of spine)is pinched for example) made me explore this option first.  Get some anti inflammatory s (Ibuprofen) a back rub and some back pain relieving cream/gel, I bet your chest pain is fixed.  Best of luck, it IS a very scary thing.
WoW! What you described fits me to a T. I started to think I was crazy. The tight chest, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, hard to swallow, tingly feeling... It consumes me. I am more of a homeopathic person but eventually the symptoms kept coming and I got scared. Tried an anti anxiety med... I had a bad reaction to it (celexa). The symptoms are still present and I'm worried that they won't go away. Scares the life out of me. The Doc prescribed me Xanax this time. However, I'm a little apprehensive to take it (do to the horrible reaction I had to the first attempted med).
Any advice on what to do? Any Xanax takers out there? Natural things as well? I'm currently meditating.
Thank you!!