Chest pains need help!!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Chest pains need help!!

I keep receiving chest pains iv'e been told its due to stress but i'm having problems with this while i'm not stressed. I have been told it has nothing to do with the dizziness i am feeling and my low blood pressure. But i don't think the Dr knows what he is on about. 2 friends also have the same issue and they Dr told them its a problem with a cartilage or anxiety . The pain is a pressure on the chest and when i move it really hurts as i so much as open a door. Help need to know what is my problem!!
Hi xoxerinxox,

I am not a doctor, but I do want to reassure you that you are probably okay.  Please look up a condition called Costochondritis.  What it is is inflammation with the cartilidge or tendons that connect the ribs to the middle bone (breast bone).  I have experienced this myself, and it totally freaked me out so I kept touching it and rubbing at it, and it did nothing.  I had gone to my gyno because at the time I was on birth control and thought I was having a pulmonary embolism and was totally freaked out!  He diagnosed me with the Chostochondritis and after I left it alone it went away in a few weeks.  Things that helped me was taking an ibuprofen and putting heat on it.  

The other symptoms you mention don't have anything to do with the costochondritis, so I cannot help you there.  it's possible there are other things going on.  But in general when chest pain is concentrated it usually has something to do with the bones and muscles.  Hope this helps!
Ask.a.opinion of a different doctor if u think its something else it wouldn't do any harm to get another professional opinion
yeh was thinking of registering else where think i just might do that thanks lav
Hi xoxerinxox,

Thanks so much yeh il try putting a lil bit of heat on it hopefully it will go compleatly its so annoying. Thanks again :)
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals