Chronic Myeloid Leukemia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Chronic Myeloid Leukemia

I would like to here from others with symptoms of CML I was diagnoised in 9/05 and trying to find out the cause where I could of contacted something such as Radition or Chemicals to cause this DNA change for Philly Chromoeosone 22 and 9.I went to Hawaii and have ate alot of fresh fruit all my life worked in the yard alot and put chemicals on it had a well on old farm land ,high use of microwaves and cell phones last 5 years anyone who has this had the same pattern I have talked with people all over the world and no clues why are DNA are changing causeing Leulemia? please write if you have any clues everyone says that cell phones and microwave couldnt I really really wonder.

If I had to guess one of the possible causes you listed, I would say the lawn chemicals. You could probably do a search on the internet and get more information, but I just recently read in Prevention mag that methoxychlor (got that straight out of the magazine), a pesticide that until recently, was widely used and considered safe, has been banned. Lawn chemicals are amongst the most harmful agents in use today. That little sign that says a lawn has just been chemically treated and no one should walk on it for at least 24 hours? kinda scary. I'm not trying to say lawn chemicals cause cancer, I have absolutely no idea. You did say you worked with them for years, though.
I was diagnosed with CML in 1991.  I had worked for 4 years around Benzine.  back in the early 90's the prognosis wasnt to good.  i was given a survival rate of 3to 5 years.  Still doing hanging in there!!!