Chronic pelvic pain and burning
I am 24 years old and have been dealing with pelvic pain for 3 years. I have had two laperoscopys and am about to have a third one. I am extremly frustrated! I frequently have UTI's and sometimes constant burning with no medical explanation. At this point I sleep most of the time... I have been diagnosed with major depression. I have constant pain and no one seems to understand. Sex is painful and my long term boy-friend doesn't understand that either. Constantly people are getting down on me because I am on edge. I see a therapist once a week but, I am still in pain. My hips hurt now too... I can't help but think the worst. I take zoloft and flexeril. Does anyone have any helpful hints? I want to be healthy again!!! I used to run and smile.
have they checked you for pelvic inflamatory dis? I wish you the best but aside from what i mentioned i cant think of anything else if they have not found anything in the surgical procedures you have had.
There first thought was PID... at that point I had been with my partner for 3 years. All of this developed after getting really sick.
I had pneumonia about 6-8 months ago....all of a sudden i got really sick and went to three different docs and three weeks later they tell me i had a pelvic mass 9cm by 6cm. surgery  then followed, where they found a hyposalpinx, cyst next to my colon and bad ovary.  all were removed. I read later online that the hydrosalpinx will begin to get bigger in size and start to hurt after a resp. infection.
My daughter whom is 3 months pregnant has been for the past several months suffering from chronic pelvic pain as well as burning pain after she has urinated.  She can’t sit, can’t sleep, and is having a hard time working.  She is in the health care field. We have been to several doctors and she has been told that she has a UTI’s and Yeast infections.  She was given Monistat, Antibiotics, and a shot.  However the pain continues to come back.  We are now going to a 3rd doctor to see if they can help.  Like some of you, the doctors seem to think it’s in your head.  But I know my daughter and she is in a lot pain.  It’s sad that you can’t find a doctor to help!!
What is really going on in the health care field!!!
Any suggestions doctors!!!!
Might it possibly be vulvodynia?  This is vaginal pain with no infection cause etc.  If so, pain MIGHT be neuropathic in nature but there are many other reasons for vulvodynia as well.   Is her pain burning and stinging?   I am not a doctor but I do have vulvodynia and went through  a similar situation although I wasn't pregnant when it happened.
I have had pelvic pain at least since onset of puberty. I have had laproscopy and all kinds of other procedures and fertility treatments I won't mention. I have endometriosis, adenomyosis, poly cystic ovarian syndrome, chronic pelvic pain disorder, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome...the list goes on. I see a dual certified reproductive endocrinologist who takes excellent care of me. I take cymbalta for pain anxiety and depression. I take flexeril to help with muscle pain. I take 3 or 4 Advil as needed for arthritis which doesn't help nerve pain. I tried taking a few other drugs which made me foggy and crazy. My husband of two decades has no understanding or sympathy for my pain and discomfort as well as no patience or acceptance of how excruciating sex is and why I have no interest.
I also have vulvodynia and other stuff I can't even remember the medical names for. When the Dr touched me externally with a qtip which I could not see and didn't know what
I also have vulvodynia and other stuff I can't even remember the medical names for. When the Dr touched me externally with a qtip which I could not see and didn't know what implement he was using I cried. I cried because of the sensation of a cotton qtip touching me externally. My Dr did suggest some kind of epidural type pain blocker treatment which I never got around to having. He had another patient with pain like mine so bad she couldn't sit comfortably and it was very successful for her and turned her life around. He referred me to a pain management practice but I never pursued it.