Clitoris Issues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Clitoris Issues

I was recently attacked walking home.  I don't remember anything about what happened.  All I know is that I was running from somebody and then I woke up the next morning and there was blood all over my lower body and I was in a lot of pain.  I found the source for all of the blood.  I was looking and I found that my clitoris was (is) ripped from the clitoral hood.  My husband is being a champ about it and the rape kit came back negative but that was all the hospital did.  It is very painful to walk and I can't wear any pants.  Can this be fixed or will it heal.  
i am sorry to hear that you were attacked i hope you get better.if your clitoral hood was attached to your clitoris you had a condition called phimosis and the adhesion was broken during the attack.if you did have phimosis it is now fixed and you should watch your clitoral hood so it does not reattach to your clitoris and you should go to a gynocologist.here are some links to more information.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=000160EE-E53A-1C67-B882809EC588ED9F&ref=sciam

http://www.clitoralunhooding.com/