Clitoris and Inner Labia are swollen, sensitive and irriatated

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My symptoms started with what looked and felt like a yeast infection under only the hood of the clitoris, once that cleared up I was still experiencing extreme sensitivity on the clitoris and/or the inner labia. My inner labia are swollen to some degree every day; sometimes sensitivity comes with this, sometimes not. When I say sensitivity I mean that every little hair, underwear or anything that touches my inner labia or clitoris is an irritant!! I can't wear underwear and I can only wear loose fitting clothing or the symptoms get worse. I've been dealing with this for 8 months now. I've seen 2 doctors and 1 specialist, none have really told me anything and all tests always come back negative (I was tested for herpes as well.) Even the yeast cultures come back negative.  I've been going to acupuncture for the last 2 months and the symptoms are decreasing, but at a very slow rate. I have taken Monistat, flagyl, cortizone (steroid) pills and cream and nothing has worked. The specialist has put me on a neurotransmitter medicine because she thinks the nerve endings in my vulva are misfiring, which sounds far fetched to me but at this point I'll try anything! I used to feel a rawness under the clitoris hood and between the inner labia a lot, but not as much sense I’ve been going to the acupuncturist, however- it is very rare that I feel any  itchiness. I have not experienced any colored discharge- though on bad days I do have more discharge then usual- but still clear. My acupuncturist and the specialist seem to think these symptoms are a result from having bladder infections in the past (I have a sensitive bladder), DOES ANYONE HAVE A SENSITIVE BLADDER, or have had many bladder infections in the past, and have similar symptoms as me? Also, I have noticed when the clitoris is bothering me- I sometimes have white spots under the hood of my clitoris. After close inspection, I have found these little white spots are NOT part of my clitoris and can be removed. Once it’s removed (very sensitive and somewhat painful to remove) it looks like what a blackhead would look like, but white….?! I clean myself regularly down there so to have any buildup, like this, is very weird. For the last couple of months I’ve been using non-fragranced baby wipes to clean under the clitoris hood and around the vulva area and I’m still seeing these little white spots. IF ANYONE HAS SIMILAR SYMPTOMS PLEASE RESPOND. I’m doing a follow-up visit with the specialist at UCLA Medical Center in 2 months.

Wishing hope on all those who understand.

PC26
Tags: Clitoris, labia, swollen clitoris, swollen labia, sensitive clitoris, white spots clitoris, raw irritated clit, raw labia vulva, red clitoris
I forgot to mention that I've been on a brutal yeast and sugar free diet for the last 4 months. It does seem to help keep the symptoms away. Depsite loosing 10 pounds, this diet has been awful but helpful.
I don't have an answer, but I do think I have something similar. About two years ago I started to have pain, especially with intersourse, and redness and swelling around the inner labia. I was diagnosed with vulvar vestibulitis and I've tried creams, pills, physio therapy and nothing. About a month and a half ago I started to notice a white buildup around the outside of my inner labia and my clitoris. It sounds exactly like what you've described, it can be cleaned away but no matter how often I do it there always seems to be more. I actually tried the baby whites too, but I've found it too painful so I am limited too warm water and mild soap. My gynecologist is at a loss but I'm going to see a specialist in January. If I find out anything I will post back and if you would do the same I'd really like that! I've been really embarassed about the white residue, it makes me feel unclean or something, but hearing that someone else has it is really comforting (although I wish neither of us had to post here! :) )
It will be a year in Feb. I'm going to a really good specialist and
she's still confused. I just saw her a 3rd time 2 weeks ago. The clitoral swelling and tenderness doesn't happen as much as the inner labia swelling and tenderness now.
My specialist, Dr.Andrea Rapkin at UCLA Medical Center wants me to stay in contact with women who have similar symptoms as me. She's doing some research right now and has told me I don't have Vulodynia or Vestibulitis (though I'm going to bring it up again when I see her-she's mentioned it but has said the it she's never heard of the clitoris being affected,etc.)

Anyways can you answer the questions below in detail on here or email me at needhelp2008 @ hotmail . com?
I'm going to forward my doctor the answers I get from everyone, there's a longer forum on this website about this (I think it might be in the relationships topic??) Anyways it would be much appreciated if you sent me info on your symptoms. I wish we weren't going through this either and I wish even more doctors could help us. I figure the more info they have and if they're able to see there are quite a few us going through it, then more effort would be put forth to research our ailment.  

Questions:
What are your “exact” symptoms (swelling in clitoris, labia, sensitivity, etc) ?
When did this start for you?
How long have you been experiencing pain/irritation?
Have you had bladder infections (UTI's), Cysts, or yeast infections in the past?

Recently I seem to have this little white dot of "stuff" (backed up sebum we're assuming because the doc said it didn't look like puss or an infection) that's STILL collecting under the clitoral hood. It can be removed and I feel less sensitive it seems after it's removed, however I have to go through a full week or so of bad swelling, which is a different sensitivity but still not fun. My "down times" are becoming more frequent and more comfortable. However, when the doctor remove my white stuff from under the clitoral hood last week it's made my down time turn into being swollen for going on 9 days now. The clitoris feels better but the labia are sensitive.

I hope you're feeling better.

PC26
I'm 20 and since I started having sex 3 years ago I have had really bad urine infections that started with one then another then with my latest partner of 2 years I have got over 10. My body now only responds to one antibiotic but would give me thrush. So I went to a specialist who put me into surgery to have my whole urethra burned with a laser to remove the scaring from the infections and help them to not reappear. I think I was meant to wait 3months before having sex (after surgery) but I was feeling fine and late in the 2nd month I did (sometimes it’s just can’t wait) but yes I got the worst UTI ever. I was in the Northern Territory working and I Live in SYD but it started with lower back pain, then the next day pain so bad I went cold, had a headache and couldn’t walk; the next day couldn’t eat, sleep or even go to the toilet properly my stoles were green and more runny. But I really didn’t know what was wrong as when I pasted urine it was fine? But hence being in NT here was no “safe” doctors and had to fly back home to see my GP straight of the plane she took one look and I was in hospital  on a drip due to my blood pressure was to high. It took me 3months to get of pain killers and antibiotics and to feel normal again. But after that I have only had two UTI in a year which I think is cause of the surgery. Also I take cranberry tablets every day the higher does the better and drink at least 2.5 L of water a day.

But to get to the point, I have only had 3 yeast infections but they start at my clitoris and itch and burn like crazy and have found the little white stuff around the hood? My GP always told me to take thrush cream and tablet and it has seemed to work.  But all doctors are full of **** and the hospitals are worse. I think the more natural stuff you put in your body the better.

i wish all the best for you and hope one of us gets the answers we are looking for?
Thanks to EVERYONE who answered my questions! I passed them along to my doctor, it's obviously not going to be reliable info for her to study but it AT THE LEAST shows her that other girls are experiencing this type of health issue. I will post any information I find out!

Please feel free to post the answers to the below questions or message me, also if you can think of anything you want to add that might be valuable information I'd appreciate it! I re-did the questions- see below. THANKS!

Questions:
When did this start for you, meaning- after sex, after a yeast infection or just out of the blue?
Have you had bladder infections (UTI's), Cysts, yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis (ex. Gardnerella, it's when the ph levels in your vaginia get all wacky and good bacteria starts becoming bad bateria) in the past?
Do you experience pain/irritation/sensitivity with the clitoris, inner labia or outer labis (or all) ?

BEST WISHES, try to stay positive  ; )

P
I have had a swollen clitoris for about one week. At first it was because I masturbated and it was a little swollen, then it gradually got bigger and bigger about the size of a couple of grapes. Moslty on one side of my clitoris. It is now very uncomfortable and accompanied by a yeast infection. I always get small yeast infections by my birth control pills (Errin) but now this is still swelling even more even after my doctor prescribed Diflucan yesterday. Do I need more time for the Rx to kick in? I can't even walk right now because the swelling is so bad or wear pants. Why wouldn't it be red if it was an infection? Did I damage something inside. Please help! Thanks
im only 15 and im having the same problems. my clitoris is swollen and irratated, and some what dry. it hurts to cross my legs and even walk. ive been just wearing sweat pants. some people have said it may be an STD but i've never had sex, or done anything sexual. i dont know what to do, please help!

thanks,    :)   .
hey guys, google "accumulation of smegma" or "clitoral adhesions." this may be your problem.
An autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing inflammation, late, vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, and folliculitis. More symptoms develop weeks to years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you what it is, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not. You can also contact the free American Behcet's Disease Website for  much more information. Behcet's is not contagious and it doesn't run in families. It is commonely triggered by strep throat, food poisoing or other infections or for unknown reasons that have permanitally damaged the immune system. Stress, injury, common illnesses, and genital to gential (genital) contact are some of the most common causes for repeated flares. People with illness need to rest more often and take better care of themselves. Even then, they will need medicine and a good doctor to stay well.
Some of the other symptoms are chronic yeast infections, bladder inflammation that feels like an infection (often mistaken for interstital cystitis), bowel inflammation, eye inflammation, arthritis, fibromyalga (fibromyalgia), chronic fatique, and sometimes central nervous system involvement. It is important that people with this illness get treatment as soon as possible with immune suppressants by a Rhuemotologist. That is who you really need to see next.
Hey there bbyA
I'm sorry to hear you're having similar symptoms as me. Have you seen a doctor yet? Please see a doctor very soon, especially see them when you're clitoris is swollen that way they can "SEE" whats going on. OBGYN's are their to help us, however- a lot of women that have this health issue do not go to the doctor, therefore doctors don't have that much info on what it is. The more we go, the more they know, and then the more they can help us. Unfortunately my doctor hasn't been able to help me too much but she's doing research which is good. You can read the things I've done in my posts that help me (like not wearing underwear, wearing skirts or cotten loose fitting pants and shorts, and I limit the amount of sugar or yeast.) If you can talk to your parents about this, I UGRE you to do so, this is a tough health issue and the more people you have to talk to and lean is VERY HELPFUL. Having good friends you can trust or family memebers that you can talk to helps releave the stress of having a persistant health issue, especially one this uncomfortable.

If you need to vent or have more questions please send me a message. I hope you're feeling better.

PC26

ALSO TO TRAC777-

I believe Behcet's Syndrome is something different then a few of us are writing about. I haven't had any fisshers or cuts, etc on the vaginal area. I just have inflammation of the clitoris, the inner glands under the clitoral hood and my inner labia which causes sensitivity. Although I can still have the sensitivity without the swelling. Things are getting better for me, jsut at a VERY slow rate. When I reduce stress, wear loose fitting clothes, (I no longer shave down there) and stick to a diet with limited sugar and yeast- my body feels the best.

I was diagnosed with interstital cystitis about 4 years ago (I've always ahd a sensitive bladder- my diet and eating properly really helps this)  however I've tested negative for yeast ever since these symptoms started (so I know mine is not chronic yeast infections.) I haven't had any inflammation anywhere else either. If you have any other idea's I'm up for listening.

Thanks.

I'm wonder if it's the interstitial cystitis that's sort of spread down your uretha to cause your pain? I know how bad that feels, I was diagnosed at one time with IC, but for me it was just one of the first symptoms of something else...but I also had the cuts. That made it something all together different for me. I also limit sugar and yeast and avoid stress as much as possible and get plenty of rest. There is no better medicine than that.
My thing is what is Interstitial Cystitis but an autoimmune disorder. When you're seeing inflammation like that, it's because the immune system is over reacting. There are many different autoimmune disorders caused by a variety of ways the immune system can be damaged. They are all treated just about the same way, with the same drugs. When you have something like IC though, you may not be getting the "respect" that your pain is bad enough to require a stronger course of treatment. Hopefully you'll get as much relief as you deserve, but if you're not, don't be afraid to ask for a steriod dose pack every once in awhile. They give them to people every time they hurt their back, but you'll never get one for IC, although it will calm things down for you for up to 3 months.
I came online today looking for answers for this very same condition when I came across these posts.  My symptoms are very similar to yours except - only one inner labia is swollen - VERY swollen, and is itching/burning only in the area near the clitoris (which is not infected at all)  The rest of the inner labia (only the one side mind you) is swollen but is not sore at all...just the opposite, it feels almost numb.  Let me tell you that the one sensitive area is raw nerves throbing with every heartbeat.  This has happened a few times in the past.  I have gone through the change - years ago - and I have not had sex in years either... so who knows what causes this...
It sounds like you are suffering from some sort of peripherial nerve damage. The symptoms of this are burning pain, numbness, tingling, raw nerves etc. There are over 200 hundred different types of peripherial nerve damage and mutliple diseases and injuries that could be the cause. A common cause from nerve damage would be from shingles, but anything that damges nerves in the body could be the cause. Often, nerves that have been damaged, but not destroyed can heal, with time. Some illnesses continue to damage nerves over many years. Cortisone cream would help you for the inflammation.
Hi there, I'm so glad I've found someone who will understand what I'm going through. I've had multiple UTI's over the past 5 months taking at least 10- 12 doses of antibiotics, only to get another UT in 4 days after.  The Dr thinks its Cystits and I'm hoping they are wrong.  I to have the white sebum or what ever it is under my clitoral hood...It wipes off but than is more painful...My bladder is uncomfortable and tingling and abit burning at times, but when on antibiotics I feel normal again,  as well as the sebum isn't so bad...I hope we can figure this out, very frustrating for both myself and my husband.  I have put myself on a diet that takes all the bladder irritants away, which really sucks and doesn't seem to be working very well and have started to take uva ursi ( BearBerry) to help my bladder...I'll keep you posted, just did some more blood work as well as urine samples a few days ago and am hoping for some good news... take care all and lets try to keep our heads up, there has got to be help and relief somewhere...

Keep smiling!
Hey, wow, the wonders of the interweb.  

As many of the people who've replied to this thread, I've been having some similar symptoms.  I'm seventeen, have been having sex for two years.  I've had a couple of yeast infections in the past, but no UTI's.  I've had three partners, all of which have turned up negative for all and any STD's, and I've taken tests as well, which have all come back negative.  

I first noticed my symptoms about three weeks ago, after I had had sex.  It began with an onset of a frequent urge to urinate, and a bit of burning while urinating.  Some vaginal dryness during sex occurred once, but I'm not sure if this is relevant.  There was some pain and irritation during, aside from the dryness.  When I began to notice itching of my labia, and a bit of swelling/slight redness around my labia and clitoris, I brushed it off as some chafing, because they are somewhat raw, though no bleeding has occurred.  Then the buildup of white sebum under my clitoral hood and somewhat on my inner labia was commenced.  Like you, I'd try to wipe it off with a damp cloth or wipe, and it came off, but only to return later in the day.  Things are still somewhat swollen and a bit sensitive (more sensitive than normal for that area of the body).  It's quite bothersome, as I can't find anything that perfectly fits my description on any medical website and I'm weary of having sex at the moment because I don't want any of this spreading....if it is spreadable.  I'm currently on a yeast infection medicine for three days, waiting to see if that will cease any of my symptoms....though it doesn't look too promising as you and others have already tried it.  I have a OB/GYN appointment in three days, and I'll bring this concern up to her.  Do you have any updated information on any of this?  Any of you guys perchance?  What is everyone currently doing to help their symptoms?

What a relief to find this site. I too have dealt with swollen labia, painful sex, fear of STD's (all negative) and an extreme itch that literally wakes me up in the middle of the night right before my period. Western medical doctors all 4 of them were baffled and telling me to take meds to fix it. That is not a solution for me. The only thing that  has helped me is eating clean organic food and no caffeine or alcohol and yes.. sugar. My acupuncturist has done miracles with other female hormonal issues I didn't even realize I had... like pms, adult acne and years of being on birth control. I too must keep going to the acupuncturist and it is helping slowly. Diet is the key, please research Candida which is the diet that I try my best to stick to. My new mantra is that food is medicine and my diet is crucial right now. I suggest Healing with Whole Foods as a great book to read. Recently I did see a biomedicine specialist who discussed toxins and parasites living in my digestive tract. Far fetched? I thought so but it makes total sense. He suggested I try MMS which kills all pathogens in our body and boosts the immune system. I just ordered it and will let everyone know the feedback. I have dealt with this for over 6 years and I will do anything to make this go away.

PC26 here, yet again.

I logged on to check on everyone and holy moly there have been a number of posts on both of the forums I started. I'm happy to feel the comfort that others are going through similar problems but sad to know so many of have this issue and so few answers to go on.

However, I have good news on my end-my symptoms are still slowly getting better, I'm able to control them a little better too, and I've figured out some stuff. However, I'm not sure if I'm slowly getting better or I've plateaued to an "okay but not great" level.

I'm going to list an UPDATE of my symptoms and what I do to feel better below:

MY CURRENT SYMPTOMS (It's been 1yr 2 1/2 months):
*I’m still testing NEGATIVE for yeast and STD’s so on goes the mystery illness. HA!

*My inner labia, normally just my left one, still swells from time to time and can be a little itchy. No discoloration or anything. This happens mostly when I’m stressed, eating more sugar then I should and/or drinking alcohol two days in a row.

*The inside glands around the clitoris but under the hood swell normally when the labia do. However, GOOD NEWS, the inside right gland does go down now- it’s NOT swollen all the time.

IMPORTANT –READ THIS* I do see some sebum (the white stuff) under the clitoral hood, but this is NORMAL just not when there’s extra buildup- which I still sometimes have. I still have the little white dot (hard sebum buildup) that I can remove and the doctor has removed, but I’ve found I’m irritated for a week or 2 every time I do this so it’s not worth it, I do better when I just LEAVE IT ALONE.

****WHAT I DO FOR BUILD UP NOW: I buy fragrance free baby wipes and VERY gently clean under the hood and around the labia. HOWEVER, I only do this during the flare ups- I TRY TO LEAVE MY LABIA AND CLITORIS ALONE AS MUCH AS I CAN. The less I go poking around and “checking” it out, I’ve found the less it bothers me. I shower every day or every other day, so on the days I don’t I use the baby wipes to gently clean down there but I do NOT pull back my clitoris hood unless I have to!!    

MY DIET & LIFESTYLE:
*I do still have sex, I just limit how many times and such. I listen to my body. I don’t think this health issue is contagious, just annoying. I’ve been with my guy for a year and he’s A-OK. ; ) I use the regular kind of KY to help things out-just in case- which has been helpful (hope that wasn’t too much info.) Anyways, do what you feel. I try not to stress about this because I still want a sex life and I want that for my boyfriend as well. He’s very patient and understanding which HELPS A LOT. If your boyfriend isn’t understanding or thinks your making your symptoms up- GET A NEW BOYFRIEND AND FIND SOMEONE WHO WILL SUPPORT YOU- they are out there! If you have a husband who’s being a punk- have him read this and if he still doesn’t have sympathy- give me his number because I’ll give him a mouthful! We all deserve to have love and support!!

*I get at least 8 hours of sleep; this helps your immune system, memory, mood, and overall health. You may not need 8 hours, however get as many hours as it takes for you to feel fully rested.

*WARNING: vivid info about to follow- sorry- I no longer shave anywhere “down there.” I have found this does wonders for the sensitivity and irritation issue. I have also found that if I don’t “trim” down there it is also helpful. I’m a bit self conscious now because I feel like I’m walking around with a Congo JUNGLE between my legs but at least I’m walking around in comfort and that’s what gives me peace of mind. I just shave the bikini line so I can wear my bathing suit. And my boyfriend does his best to convince its not that bad, love him, but whatever I know it is, haha. I just have to laugh about it. My Congo Jungle and I will survive. ; )

*I’m sticking to the no sugar, no yeast and no alcohol diet, which mean I don’t cut these out of my life fully- I just limit them. I found taking all these things completely out of my life DEPRESSES me and that hurt me just as bad.

WHAT I EAT:  -Rice noodles (you can find these at Asian grocery stores if you live in the city, or Whole Foods, or Trader Joes or any all organic/natural food grocer.) It’s no comparison to wheat noodles but I’d rather of some kind of pasta then no pasta. These noodles are best if you follow Thai recipes (pad thai is yummy.)

-Yogurt for the cultures (I’ve read this is good and bad, it seems to be okay for me.)

-I allow myself Frozen yogurt because it has limited sugar and all those good cultures.

-Carrot Juice for my immune system (THIS IS VERY GOOD FOR YOU and people have been using it as a cure all for ages, however, it’s hard to drink, but the trick is: do half orange juice and half carrot juice and it makes it TASTE so much better!)

-Garlic (another age old medicinal food/herb/etc), it’s also good for your immune system. I eat things like garlic chicken or garlic shrimp.

-Zinc is also good for your immune system, you can find zinc in: Oysters (best source), Salmon, beans, Clams, yogurt, beef, lamb, pork, crabmeat and chicken. However, I try to stay away from red meats- I love them but they’re not as healthy for you.

-I stay away from wheat or malted cereal, wheat bread, anything yeast. I’ve bought rice flour which is tricky to use so I normally just stick to breads that don’t rise like Nan (Indian bread) and I’ve heard Rye is better to eat but I’m not sure about that.

-Corn tortilla’s or corn taco shells are safe as long as there’s no wheat flour.

-The rule- the fresher the food the better, I try to stick to but we’re all in a rush sometimes so I try to stick to my rules the best I can.

-Rice cakes, and rice chips and rice crackers (Whole Foods is a good place to find these.)

-Mozzarella cheese is okay and a good source of Calcium.

-I take Calcium and Zinc supplements. I try to limit my dairy intake BUT WOMEN NEED CALCIUM. My family has a history of osteoporosis so I take these vitamins and use rice milk.

-I have found the easiest types of food to make for my diet are Thai, Japanese, Mexican (if I make it not take out), and fresh American style stuff like lemon, dill chicken with jasmine rice and veggies. (Fresh squeezed Lemon does wonders for flavoring foods.)

MY LAST ADVICE FOR WHATEVER IT’S WORTH:
*I knew "stress" really caused my symptoms to flare but a recent depressing and stressful situation  (this seems to be the ultimate combo- depression AND stress = swollen uncomfortable labia and clitoris.) made me realize that even if I’m feeling better this “combo” will still cause a “flare up.” SO VERY IMPORTANT: Get enough sleep and try to think positively no matter what!! I lost 3 family members and my 16 year old cat this past year, I’m currently looking for a job in a high stress industry, I’m sliding by on my budget, and I have a long distance relationship- trust me IF I CAN THINK POSITIVELY SO CAN YOU!! Life is always going to be throwing curve balls and it may be awhile before doc’s figure out what’s wrong with us (trust I will keep bugging them) so the best thing to do IS TO LIVE LIFE and let YOU rule your life, NOT this health issue. I think about it this way on my bad days- yes I’m uncomfortable, yes I don’t think it’s fair, yes this really sucks- excuse my French, but at least I’m not lying in a hospital bed with a terminal illness or at least I have all my limbs in place, etc etc. Appreciate what you have; it makes it easier to deal with what you don’t have. Okay, I hope this helps.

Good Luck to Everyone- If you have any more questions just post them on this forum and I will eventually log back on and tell you what I can.

PC26
I recommnend you try something like Colchicrine with the other stufff. I have Behcet's Sybdrome and I also am very careful about taking care of myself and about what I put into my body just like you. Colchicrine is a prescription immune suppressant. It comes from a flower and it is the mildest and safest medication you can use to treat your symptoms. It could really give you that extra little push you need to get better. It could make the inflammation totally go away. You will always have flares but you are on the right track with learning how you can control them.
I am experiencing some weird symptoms, some of which are like those you described:

*reddened clitoris
*sebum build up on clitoris--not the hard stuff but it's still an unusual amount
*dryness at times
*other times excessive discharge, still normal, just more than usual
*sore clitoris after a certain amount of sexual activity

i had my first uti back in october, and i have had 3 since then. i have also had 2 yeast infections in the past 3 months.
but everything was just finally starting to get back to normal.
and then the other day my boyfriend and i were fooling around and everything was great but any contact with my clitoris was horrible. it was feeling swollen but i just figured it was being oversensitive because i know that can happen during stimulation.
but anyway, when the condom accidentally brushed the clitoris it burned, and was even more sensitive for the entire rest of the night.
no pain during urination or anything....but it hurt to close my legs.
everything was fine when i woke up the next morning, and it was all fine today.
but i was noticing tonight it felt kinda weird, and i looked and it is pretty red.

i am on a few different meds, if that makes any difference:
*pentasa (an immune suppressant for crohn's disease)
*an antibacterial that i will finish in a few days
*birth control pills

i am also at the end of my cycle...i just took the last bc pill yesterday, so my period should be coming in the next couple of days. i am also under a lot of stress as my high school career is ending in a few days, and i haven't been gettting as much sleep. i also have a cold. and a weak immune system, what with the pentassa. and i have read that all of these things can be causes...maybe it's just a giant mix of a lot of things, and if i fix those things it will get better, idk?

i have been std tested, as well as all types of feminine cancers. and i don't have any of those.

i'm not sure when i can get a doctors appt next, so i'm kind of at a loss right now. i really hope this will clear up.

any ideas?

thanks for any suggestions. i will check back soon, hopefully when i do all will be well.

i also hope the rest of you are getting better, best of luck :]
You said you have Cohn's Disease. That disease runs in my family. I have another autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome. Your gential (genital) and bladder symptoms are similiar to Interstitial Cystitis, I have that, but your bladder symptoms could also be caused by the Immune suppressants weakening your immune system. We want you to be able to control your immune system, without having to weaken it too much. Immune disorders are diagnosed mainly by the area of the body the immunes system is attacking. The clitorial inflammation is probably caused by your immune disorder. It is also common for a person with one immune disorder to develop others. Some immune disorders are triggered by genes, but others are triggered by things like other immune disorders, things in the enviroment, stress and illness.  I also take immune suppressants, so I understand the struggle to control the problem without weakening your immune system to the point that you aren't going to get sick from something else. This can be hard to do, expecially when it sounds to me like you actually really need a stronger dose of immune suppressants at this point, because your symptoms are a sign that your medication is no longer doing enough to control the disease. You need to discuss all these things with your doctor.

I have a few suggestions for supporting your immune system at the same time you are suppressing it to try to keep the immune system balanced as much as you can.

1. Pau D' Acro inner bark, the highest quality you can afford. It comes as tea, capsules and extract.The extract and capsules work the best. It is an antibotic (antibiotic), ant-fungal, and many many other things. It will keep your body stronge and safely help to keep any infections away on a regular basis. It will keep your yeast infections away and prevent your bladder infections from happening. It is really a powerful tool we can use to support our immune health, because we want to avoid allowing ourselves to get sick which can quickly turn into a downward spiral for us. It also will help your body to be able to heal.

2. Digestive Advantage Crohn's and Colitis Formula. Your have to try this stuff. I take it for Behcet's Syndrome becuase my illness causes similiar bowel symptoms. It's important that we put good bacteria in our bodies to keep the bad bacteria that is now being allowed to build up in us away. This will also help to support yor immune system, and balance out everything. It will make you feel better and help to slow down your flares.

3. Aloe Vera Juice This could be very helpful for you. It helps to calm the system. It can also protect you stomach and intestines from the things your are ingesting. Anything you can do to calm your system will help to slow your flares down.

4. That a mulit- vitamin. If you have a problem with all that Iron, take a mulit-vitamin without Iron. Exercise, drink 8-10 glasses of water, eat a healthy diet, avoid stress and sleep 8 hours everyday. These are the things that will slow down your flares.
Ive had an issue with my clit being sore or swollen and sometimes bleeds for the past few days. Also have that built up of white stuff under the hood. Has anyone found out what it is? Im also pregnant and have been on antibiotics for a month now. 2x for a bacterial infection and 1 time for my gallbladder being inflammed. i just went to the doctor 4 days before i noticed this and he looked and didnt see anything. I also went the day all this happened ( just earlier in the day b4 i noticed all this) and the doc didnt find an infection or anything. so i dont know what this could be. Is it normal to have white stuff under ur clitoris hood? Ive never noticed it before. I know that i could be swollen due to being prego but i dont know about this white stuff. im irriated by it and dont know what to think. im going to make a appt.tomorrow and see what the doc says but i was just wondering if anyone knows what it is, so that i can ease my mind.
The bladder infections amd gallbladder inflammation suggest a weakened immune system or a systemic infection of some sort. It could all be due to your pregnancy and may resolve after the birth. Or, it may be the early symptoms of an on-going immune disorder. Have you ever been treated for pinworms? Everyone should treat themselves regularly for them, but you can't do it while you are pregnant. I would start using Pau D' Acro after the birth to help get your immune system under control. Keep up with your doctor about any inflammatory problems that you have.
Hi there,

I've just come across this site and i'm really interested in what's going on here. 2 years ago I had an abortion and developed symptoms about 1 month later. At first it was mild itchiness and soreness that happened just before my period every month. Not knowing what it was and thinking that i needed to get healthier i started eating a lot of fruit. It nearly killed me! I have since been told I have Candida, recurring thrush, but to be honest something doesn't seem right here. If i stay on the Candida diet i'm right for the most part. But this morning i ate a whole big tub of natural yoghurt and by tonight by clitoris is rubbed raw and i'm really sore. I've got appointments with the best dietician and Vulval disorder practioner that i can find but cant get in till late July. Till then i feel like i just have to suffer. I tried seeing a Nutritionist who told me that my immune system is low and thats the cause of the problem. Thing is though that i don't get sick, I never get colds, i'm full of energy and a healthy weight. I truly believe that i've got some kind of parasite infection. I forgot to mention that 2 weeks after my op i was swimming in the NT and i'm pretty sure that this is where i've got it from. I'd like to know if anyone else has picked this problem up at a time that they can link to swimming.

-K-
This does have to do with your immune system. You could have a parasite or something else in the enviroment has weakened your immune system . Start with a long course of antibotics to make sure you don't have a bacterial infection or a parasite. Minocycline would be a good one to try. You must do everything you can to support you immune system. I have an auto immune disroder called Behcet's Syndrome. I never get colds or the flu or anything like that. My immune system works in over drive. I need immune suppressants to calm my immune system down. Other people would have a very weak immune system from the medication I take. For me, it just makes it normal. If I don't take medication my immune system will be working so strong, it will actually start attacking itself. Stress contol, nutrition, and rest are the best things you can do to get it under control.
TO EVERYONE: Once I'm finished creating my chart of my past medical history, lifestyle and current symptoms- I'm thinking of creating a website that would allow everyone to fill out and submit their own chart (the chart would be a template but it would also allow someone to insert additional info as well). This way doctors can see there's more then one woman going through this- and we can connect similarities or differences much easier then skimming through posts.

DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD IDEA TO ANYONE? And does anyone have any suggestions?
Sounds great. up until a few years ago they thought that stomach ulcers were caused by stress and food and now they know that it's a parasite thats easily killed. I have to believe that it's the same for us and theyll work it out.
I personally feel that immune damage is the one thing we all have in common. That damage could come from many different things causes many different degrees of health problems. If it's from bacteria or a parasite you can fix that. Parasites are very common and they can damage your immune system. When you have parasites your not getting enough nutrition. I believe many of us aren't getting enough nutrition. It's very chard to get the rightamount without a vitamin supplement even without parasites. I want to share an article I wrote about my illness Behcet's Syndrome to explain the far end of immune damage.

BD IS GENETIC?
  Has anyone had a chance to read the latest BD news letter? On page 3 there is an article called Behcet's Disease: Global Perspective. I very much enjoyed this article which discussed the diagnostic guidelines for BD, although I found the first few lines to be greatly flawed and extremely disappointing. The article starts with "Originally Behcet's Disease was a disease of the silk road. It was rarely seen in the northern part of Europe, in the Amercia continent, and especially in the southern hemisphere. Due to immigrations, BD is now seen everywhere in the world."

This statement is being presented as if it was a known fact that BD is genetic even though there has been no research done to support this opinion. I live in the U.S., I have talked to and read about hundereds of American BD patients, and so far, I haven't met anyone with the gene that is stated to be related to this disease.

I wonder what benefit would it be to believe that everyone who has this disease has these genes? Could it be that a "rare" disease stands up as a great defense in court? Possibly, rare means our focus should be on the more common things, the things they are comfortable treating. How can it mean anything when we are waiting 20 or more years for answers?

I have read several articles supplied by the American BD Association that discussed the possiblity that American BD does not appear to be linked to the middle eastern disease. These articles suggest a milder disease in the states as well as no genetic link to the gene related to the silk road illness. These articles also discuss other differences, like the prevalance of aseptic mennigitis among American patients.

It has appeared for some time that these are different diseases or the same disease with different causes. For instance, is it not possible that these disease's developed in the the middle east due to both genetic factors and poor nutrition? Both of these things could be the cause for a weakened immune system, leaving a person vunerable to disease. Could it not be possible that BD is actually a virus, or a combination of things in our enviroment of which all cause a similiar immune reaction? Could years of over cultivation of our crops and poor eating habits have been the source of our vunerability? As early as 1955 doctors were finding evidence supporting proper nutrition as the best defense against being infected by all sorts of illnesses like Polio and Turbeculosis. Has it also not been discussed that American BD may even be related to the Strep Throat Virus? So why is it that we keep coming back to calling this a genetic disease common only to the silk road?

I started finding answers to these questions in page after page of the history of Polio in our county. Polio is a rare disease mainly spread among the poor because of improper nutrition and their living enviroments, when in 1955 a great and noble idea to cure it caused mass vaccinations at a time when science had very little understanding of this disease and how to make a massive amount of safe vaccines. The vaccines contained animal viruses, mercury, and live polio virus. The Polio vaccine actually spread the virus rather than cure it. Polio rate more that tripled after they started giving people the vaccine. It also spread a lot of other viruses, one of which was the monkey virus which developed into AIDS in humans.

Our Government and medical community did a lot to cover up this scandel. One of their concerns was that we would lose faith and money in other immunizations. Since that time, many new illnesses have emerged in the U.S., at the same time, Polio disappeared, not because the vaccine had gotten rid of it, but because they changed the diagnostic criterea so that they could call the illness many other things. Some of the illnesses that are suspected to be related to the viruses contained in the vaccine are AIDS, Aseptic Mennigitis, Gulf War Syndrome, because the soliders were given live Polio vaccine, Chronic Fatique Syndrome, Human Adenoviruses, Coxsackie, Echo, Herpes (HHV 6,7,8), Epstein Barr, Cytomegalovirus, mesotheliomas, and many other new rare diseases in the United States. The only genetic link I can find is between the Babyboomers who got these shots, and their children. These two generations have been far sicker than they should have been, compared to what would have been a normal rate of illness and cancer even after including all other possiblities for these occurances.

Please research the history of the Polio vaccine failure, there is so much more to this that I am not able to share with you in my own words.

I have the same problem my clitoris is so sore and swollen and I am red and sore inside the labia. If i scratch it or rub it just a little it bleeds. this stay all the time I haven't gone to a doctor yet because i can't afford to pay for it. Is there any over the counter drug or cream that would help. \
I think that you really need to go see someone. You can always go to a hospital and get seen there. It would be dangerous for one of us to suggest something incase it made you worse. If you don't have any money try following the candida diet for 2 weeks to see if it helps. It removes all items of food that cause intolerances. From there you should be able to start doing some deductions of what makes it worse.
I wanted to share with you what I am using instead of Antibiotics and it's also helping me turn my fat into muscle too.
It's actually "Bovine Colostrum". I first bought the powered form, but i find it's pretty nasty tasting and it chunks up, so I buy the capsule form for injestion. But the powered form I turn into a paste and when I feel an episode onsetting or having problems down there; I put the paste on before i go to sleep at night and find the next morning it's almost always back to the normal size labia. Buy the way it's also very good for brusies & other impact injuries.
   This Colstrum really help the healing plus gives ya energy. If you do decide to try it orally "Ttake it in the AM!!! or you'll have a hard time going to sleep if taking too late. Ya know and best part it's nice the way you'll find loosing weight and getting muscle. Go ahead google "Bovine Colstrum" for yourself. You'll find the capsules at health food stores, and I bought the powdered Colstrum at the feed store for livestock.
Multiple studies many years ago found many great things Colstrum can do but for some reason all this research got put onto the back shelves pretty much till reciently. Hope this info help ya'll; let me know to if it helps, but be patient; it's not an overnight miracle for everyone.

FYI: Colstrum has been used to treat diarrhea, to improve GI health, to Boost the Immune System. People with MS & AIDS can also find it helpful because of this. The Immunostimulant in the Bovine Colstrum is immune-boosting properties have been promoted as performance enhancers and anti-aging/healing supplements. Certain Web pages, for instance, promote significant fitness gains for athletes, noting bovine colostrum's “anabolic effects” and claiming it can “promote muscle growth.” One clinical trial finds bovine colostrum supplement to increase serum IGF-1 concentration in athletes. IGF-1 is a growth factor that speeds up protein synthesis and slows catabolism.

Certain immune factors and antibodies also fight a variety of organisms, allergens, or toxins including pneumonia, candida, and flu. Constituent lactoferrin prevents pathogens from getting the iron they need to flourish. Lactalbumins and cytokines (interleukin and interferon) also are important as antivirals and anticancer agents.

Colostrum contains immune factors, immunoglobulins, antibodies, proline-rich polypeptides (PRP), lactoferrin, glycoproteins, lactalbumins, cytokines (eg, interleukin, and interferon), growth factors, vitamins, and minerals. There also is a constituent isolated from bovine colostrums that is responsible for uterine and intestinal contraction, and lowering of blood pressure.
Wellp i don't no the vagina terminology but my clitoris is red and bubbled up like. I also have that white stuff in my clitoris but not that much and I am discharging more than usual. It started just like you described in your first post "as what felt like a yeast infection". I'm 21 and am not very proud to say that i haven't been to a gyno yet but i have been tested so i got that covered.

I'm just writing this to let you know that this is an issue and needs to be dealt with because it affects everyones daily lives and sexual activity which *****. And i would just like to thank you for this blog bc it has been very informational.

Let me know when your website is up bc i would love to contribute. Thanks Again!
I have had swelling to the hood and labias for past 2 months.  I have recurrent yeast infections and 2 months ago had one of the worst yeast infections ever. The white specs under the hood was also present...even changed the brand of toilet tissue I use thinking it was from the "softer" brands.Needed to use Monistat 3 to no effect and had to use Monistat7 and be placed on antibiotics.  Not only was there discharge, itching and swelling but felt tingling in the veins running along side my labias.  The symptoms subsided for about 4 days then the tingling (not only in the groin area but to my eyes, ears, face) came back with a vengence.  Went to the doctor and was given Diflucan and prednisone 20mg taper for 3 days.  Finished on a Thursday and the following Monday broke out in a hideous raised rash to my face,ears and eyes.  Hard to tell if same "rash" was to my groin area as to that area always being swollen and reddened.  Again went to doctor and now am on antiviral (temiflu), antibiotic (spectracef) and medrol.  Face is clearing the areas that were swollen are now decreased the blotchiness is still present however the swelling to my labia and hood are still present and seem to increase in sensitivity later in the day.  I have Lupus so of course everything and anything is blamed on that.  I have had gyn issues since start of menses.  Had hysterectomy at age 34 secondary to being diagnosed with adenomyosis.  My pap smears had always come out class 3 requiring cyrosurgery.  Not sure if all the responders from above have an extensive gyn history and this is something we have in common also.  If there is any guidance out there I will be eternally grateful to rid myself of these symptoms once and for all.  I am also in search of a gyn that is more experienced with these "rare" symptoms in New Jersey.  
Wow!  I just started having this problem today.  I thought I had a yeast infection but when I went to the bathroom and took a closer look I noticed when I started to pull the skin down around my hood that there was white stuff in there.  It wipes off.  I've pretty much left it alone since this morning and I've started having some burning there throughout my day.  I've been with my husband for 8 years and no one else and my recent pap came back normal so I don't think it's a sexually transmitted disease.  
Your blog and everyones since has definitely been very helpful.  I was more hoping for a "this is a yeast infection and use this over the counter medicine"....I plan on going to the OB once I financially can afford it.  
I recently about 2-3 weeks ago had a bad UTI with a significant amount of blood in my urine and was prescribed Cipro to get rid of the infection.  I saw a commercial recently about Cipro being really bad for you...of course after I'd already taken it.  
Has anyone else taken Cipro before having your symptoms? Just wondering.  I know some prescriptions/medications can cause further medical problems than we realize.  Very uneasy about no one saying anything about a cure for this yet and the blogs started posting over a year ago.
Oh thank goodness I’m not alone. Well I feel for everyone bcs this is the worst, there really isn’t an answer to making it better. I have had very similar symptoms swelling of the labia (one side) and clitoris, white stuff. One time it even bled. Probably bcs I itched it too much. It seems to flair up right b4 my period and during. Some days the itching is so bad i have to take constant breaks from my class to go and be alone. Witch Hazel is the only thing that give me relief when its happening and even then the relief doesn't last that long. Yeast infection meds only make it hurt worse. I do have herpes but take valtrex everyday and limited number of out breaks. The GYN has no clue. Hope to hear more encouraging news from the UCLA doc doing the research.
I've been reading a few of these post's and i'm scared even more so now because from the looks of it no one has a diagnotics of the problem we all seem to share. I see my doctor on a regular basis and I go to him again this month but I haven't seen him since i've had this swollen labia as well as sensitive clitorial and it's been about 2 weeks since this has been happening to me. It's so uncomfortable and i'm scared because you guys have went to your doctor's and haven't got an answer so  feel like my doctors going to tell me the same. I've never been big on taking all kinds of medicine so if anyone out there comes up with a salution, please fill me in so heres my email address: g_ladya79***@**** and GOD BLESS!
hey guys Im 16 and I got scared out of my brains because my labias and clit been really sensitive lately and today when showering i noticed my clits extremely red and i THINK my labias are swollen but i cant tell coz i never bothered to check before so they could just be normal? Both my labs n my clits are REALLY sensitive and irritated and its hard to close my legs. I freaked myself out I thought it was cancer and I don't know what to do. I'm so embarrassed I dont want to say anything about it but looks like I might have to
what gets me is that
there is no med info on any of this and looks like SO many people are experiencing it
I've never had any sexual relations before so it cant be an STD or caused by anything like that.
It burns to go to the toilet and I don't know what to do. I cant sit still coz its so irritated that i have to keep moving otherwise I feel like I'm going to explode!
At least its not cancer and im not going to die haha this blog has been a godsend .. I think we should really get some research into this going because I think it's bigger than it seems to be.
first relax, then talk to somebody.as you are only 16, i suggest a parent who can explain that you probably are over reacting.  an internet site/ info will never replace an appoitment with a regular doctor who can reassure you that womens bits are a major part of any female's concern, especially when things are not feeling normal.  
I have been experiencing the same symptoms, swollen clitoris, sensitive bladder, etc.  In July I was diagnosed with a yeast infection, then weeks later a bacterial infection, then another yeast infection, then 3 weeks ago they said it was a urinary tract infection.  They told me to wash my privates with baby shampoo, and the Dr gave me some nystatin & triamcinolone external cream.  This cream really helps the swelling if I continue to use twice a day.  I felt better and quit using it for a couple days and the swelling came back.  This has been very frustrating for me!  I had taken avelox antibotic (antibiotic) prior to all these problems.  I quit caffeine first, then cut out soda's all together.  I've tried the no sugar diet for months and it didn't do any good.  I too am beginning to wonder if this is all in my head!
PINWORMS infecting anal and vaginal areas can cause these synptoms. Try treating for this condition

I never thought that a lot of us are having this problem. I thought I was the only one. Mine started less than a month ago. I knew exactly what happened. Before having sex, I got the KY Jelly Tube that was not used since October and pressed a handful in my palm and rubbed it in my vagina/labia/clitoris area. I remember my boyfriend wearing a scented condom and he has problems getting in. After the deed, everything was normal. But, I didn't wash after. I usually do. After aday, that's when I felt the itching. Then came the swelling and the redness. I went to the doctor and she told me that I had lesions around my vagina and that my clit is swelling and that I was just because of the sex. She gave me a cream that eased the itch and the pain. For one week I used the cream and it helped. Everything was back to normal but after my period, this happened again. Everything was dry down there and when I used a sanitary pad, it itches all over... Now I have to deal with what I dealt before.  
ok...i'm having some of the same smptoms...it felt just like a yeast infection..(and i KNOW exactly what a yeast infection feels like cuz while i was prego (my daughter is 7 mo old) i had about 20 of them and finally it just didn't go away)i've only had one or two mild y.i. since i had her...anyways . i went to changed my underwear and realized my left labia is very swollen...no white stuff (so far) ...any ideas? plzhelp
Nice to know I'm not alone. I have been having the same symptoms and have tried creams, pills, doctors and nurses are baffled. It sounds like a simple enough problem but nobody knows what to do. It is too much secretion of sebum on the vagina that makes the smegma(white stuff). I know what the problem is but don't know why it's happening and how to reverse it.  I am a very hygenic person and this has become such a nuisance, and has definitely interfered with my sex life!
This all sounds so familur. I too have had the buildup of "stuff" under my clitorial hood. When I remove it there is a red bumpy rash. The skin on my inner labia has become very thick as well as the skin on my hood. Between the inner and outer labia has turned kind of whitish. The skin tends to tare open from time to time. And it all itches like a bee sting if not worse. I have been to a few Dr's and noone can figure it out.
My inner labia is very swollen and i have a large amount of discharge. i feel uncomfortable wen i wear underwear (even loose fitted, cotton), i have tried stayin in for a few days and just keeping pyjama bottoms on but it still irritates me, I find it very itchy and sore. I'm 15 and pregnant, I'm going to the doctors this week about it but i am worried in case they tell me it has caused problems with my baby. Does anybody know if these sorts of symptoms can affect your pregnancy??
to those who cant afford to see a doctor, just take a picture of your vagina and go see a pharmacist. to those having yeast infection, you need to relax more often and ask God the father of Jesus to bring peace to your heart. believe me i was at a point where no medication could get rid of my yeast infection and after i went back to God again the yeast infection cleared up after a week. May the Holy Spirit be in all of you.
I am 15 and have never had sex. my inner labia is inflamed and raw and i'm really scared that it is something serious. i am too embarrassed to go to a doctors and i cant talk to my mom about it, someone pleasse tell me wots wrong with me???
I have some of the same sys.  It started in Dec for the 1st time, it lasted about 1week, I am 28yrs old.  I have never felt this before.  My Clitoris Is Swollen And Sore It Goes To The Labia MinoraI it feels dry and raw at times. I have had a yeast inf before, so the 1st time I felt this I thought it might be a yeast inf.  So I got some yeast inf meds, and the cream that goes on the outside just burned...I tried diper rash stuff also burned just not as bad.  I tried vasoline that helped a little.  It finnally went away.  

Now I am feeling it again, I thought maybe I was ovulating, maybe something changed after my 3 child. It just happens before my period...well last month anyways. I don't know if I will have a period this month or not cause I am still nursing my baby.

I just had my 3rd child in June of last year.  This started in Dec just before my period.  I am nursing my baby still.  I do have discharge, white at times, not lumpy or fawl smelling at all. Discharge just as it would be if I was ovulating.  Any comments are more than welcome,  This sux.. angie.frost ymail.com  
I ALSO HAVE A VERY SENSITIVE WHITE SPOT ON THE SAME SPOT, I DON'T HAVE A CLUE OF WHAT IT MAY BE...I WILL BE GOING TO THE WOMAN'S CENTER TO FIND OUT WHAT IT MAY BE. MAYBE JUST A MINOR IRRITATION.
I am 20 and started having this problem when I was 17 and became sexually active with my boyfriend. We've both been tested many times and are clean. At first I thought I was allergic to latex in condoms, but once I got on the pill and stopped using condoms, it still happened, just not as often. What happens for me, is the hood gets really sensitive and anything irritates it - when my underwear touches it, when i move, etc. I know its not the sex alone that causes it, because I haven't had sex in a week and today it started again. I don't know if this problem is the same as yours, but it is hopeless nonetheless. It is so embarrassing, and I feel like I put my life on hold during the few days this problem comes up. IThis seems like something that doctors haven't bothered to figure out yet, and i hate living with it. I hate my life when this happens. I hate having to excuse myself every 10 minutes to go and itch it, or readjust my clothing. I don't want to live like this anymore.
I am 42 have premature menopause and I have the situation of white stuff coming out of my clix, and all my vulva itch the doctors yes doctors I visit 5 already, they said is not yest or  urinary infection, I can not sleep in peace is pretty bad; do not know what to do any more. Help plz.
I've been having this problem for years.  I'm off everything, too - can't quite figure out how to cure it.  I've noticed it's after intercourse or exercise - like chafing from perspiration.  Wearing all cotton, showering right after, blow drying the area helps it, but doesn't prevent it.  :(
I'm 17 and I have swelling of my clitoris on one side only, nothing else is swollen or sore, it only became swollen after severe itchiness. Its never swollen up after being itchy before. I cant walk properly or wear underwear. I'm on birth control pills (i don't know if it's a factor or not) and I have had signs of a urinary infection before from a test done by my doctor (again i am not sure if this is a contributing factor, but its best to cover all bases). This has only just happened and definitely has not happened in the past.
The past 6 days have been sheer misery for me. The itching has been so intense I have to take a sleeping pill to sleep and rest. My clit, labia and vagina take turns itching like mad! I tried all for 6 days: douche, yogurt in ****, OTC progesterone, anti-fungals. Then I went to doc. The pelvic exam said nothing wrong. Doc gave me some Pemarin (estrogen) vaginal cream, told me post menopausal women get this because of a lack of estrogen. Vaginal atrophy, in other words a shrunken ****! Ha! My labs have yet to come back. Meanwhile, I am sitting here with an ice bag on my **** to keep from going mad from itching. None of my friends or sisters got this. The progesterone cream, Pro G, I got from the health food store gave me 10 hours of relief, only mild itching. It's been 5 hours with the Premarin, no luck. I have noticed the white stuff under the clit hood when I was younger, but not now. Ice packs help if you are at home so you don't go crazy! All of the young people on this list PLEASE tell your moms or go to Planned Parenthood where you don't need an adult and get help! If I come across any other info I will post. You ALL could be experiencing fluctuating hormone levels, which could be the culprit!
I've just been searching online for the causes of the same symptoms many of you describe. For the last 2 years I have experienced swelling and soreness of the clitoris and labia. I am sometimes ichy but usually only when I have a yeast infection (which is fairly often). I also have a lump that looks kind of like a spot under the clitoris hood. It is extremely painful, even the slightest touch brings tears to my eyes. All these symptoms come and go. I have seen 2 doctors and 4 gyno nurses and have been tested for STIs and herpes and have always ben clear for everything. I have been told a few times it could be a very bad yeast infection that has spread causing the lump and others have just sent me away saying everything is fine. Wearing cotton underwear and loose clothing helps but only a bit.

I don't know what to do and I am pleased that other people seem to be suffering with a similar problem (although I would prefer if none of us had to suffer with this!). I have been thinking of going back to the doctors but its annoying when I am just sent away and told nothing is wrong when it is so painful, as there must be something wrong! Has anyone else found any new info about what is causing these symptoms or how to improve it, as I think if I can go to the doctors with some ideas of my own we may get somewhere.

Thank you
i am 18 i have the same problems but mine didn't start until after i used that new condom fire&ice! its itchy when i wipe and its very sensitive and i have pain! idk what to do. MY mom thinks its a yeast infection but i don't think so
Ive been having similar problems, well it burns whrn i pee, this white stuff is always in my clitoris but i can easily remove it, my libia skin has started ti darken and like theres little white bumps forming around it and when i shave my vagina feels very uncomfortable. Im very scared an i dont know what to do, im only 15 turning 16 ive had sex before but i also masturbate my clitoris alot and i dont know if that may be a reason ? Please help me !!!!!
4 years ago, I had surgery for a cyst on my labia. The cyst grew back, however, it's shrinking (I am taking a ton of garlic and oil of oregano). I am getting thread-like strands on it. I know that I have some sort of parasitic problem. I am wondering if I have a nerve related problem in addition to the parasitic one, or if the parasitic problem caused a nerve problem. What type of doctor would specialize in nerve problems?
The build up of 'white stuff' at the tip of the clitoris could well be fragments of toilet tissue. Before you dismiss this idea as rubbish let me tell you my story. I've had these same symptoms on and off for years. Painful, tender, swollen clitoris with what looks to be a plug of white stuff. I've got no yeast infection, no vaginal discharge and have just gone through the menopause. Countless times I've managed to remove the white stuff only for it to return a few weeks later. I started to suspect toilet paper after I noticed tiny fragments clinging to the inner labia after I'd dried myself.  I've tried every brand of toilet tissue available including the expensive ones with aloe vera added. The problem is that toilet paper is designed to break up on contact with water so it will flush away. Unfortunately it can also crumble on contact with damp skin. For the last couple of months I've stopped using toilet tissue altogether at the front. I tried baby wipes to start with but found them irritating to the skin after a while. Now I use small, thin flannels rinsed in cold water to clean myself. Not terribly convenient I admit but since then I've seen no trace of the white stuff and the swelling has gone down. I also suggest checking the gusset of your undies. These sometimes have bulky seams right where the clitoris is and can add to discomfort. Hope this helps.
i'm new i'm 32 years old and  I've just started noticing swelling on the left side of my inner labia. its not overly irritated but sore. my clitoris isn't swollen I don't suffer from uti's and the last yeast infection i had was caused from a antibiotic that I had to take for a sinus infection.  I don't drink any alcolhol. I did notice things like little white heads. and at my last pap came up clean. i have been shaving for a long time and just started using a product called bakini zone to help with the razor burn but i noticed that when the hair starts to grow back it can get irritating. doesn't itch but it does burn, Can someone help me. please. I'm even nervous about my fiancee seeing it. I understand about the stress bit, i'm trying to not stress so much, and I started using the always cleansing clothes i've noticed they don't leave any tissue behind. can someone help me please.
Do any of you have any form of HPV? Over 85% of women have HPV, and men don't generally get tested for it. It is easily transmittable and there is not enough research that has been done to find treatment/symptoms/side-effects of it. I think it has the potential to create secondary infections, since the infection is pertaining to that specific area of your body and most likely diverts your immune system from performing accurately (excluding all of the auto-immune commenters) in matters that pertain to that area.

I have very similar symptoms as all of you. No swelling that I can see, however, my vulva has been getting really sensitive lately to sexual contact. The outer parts of my vulva hurt when I have sex (between majora & minora). I don't understand why this would be happening. However, I did notice that after I got HPV (I have 2 types), the smegma buildup has increased. It is not hardening, it is just annoying and when it builds up, I feel unclean (it does this a couple times a day). I simply wash myself with water (the best method for something as sensitive as a mucous membrane-vagina). This method doesn't have anything to do with the build-up. I make sure I am cleaning thoroughly, and the buildup was the same back when I was using soap (plus infections I would get from soap).

In the past, I went through a phase of multiple bladder infections/ UTI's. This was in part due to the fact that (1) my boyfriend at the time didn't turn me on and the friction from sex irritated my urethra and (2) that my diet was poor and I was smoking. These problems have since resolved on their own...being five years later I have not had an infection in several years. To those who still have it: cranberry pills (organic) and unadulterated plain awfully bitter cranberry juice mixed with water (fastest natural relief- I promise).

It seems like my body chemistry changes throughout my life and I experience different types of infections at different times. The current infection trend in the past year has been a flare-up of bacterial vaginosis (yuck!!) and some minor yeast infections. I swear, nothing worked besides cutting sugars out of my diet, eating healthily, and getting sleep. There is actually a nice natural remedy you can get at most CVS's or Walgreen's for BV and Yeast infections-the brand is called "VH Essentials." I have found that this has worked well for me. DO NOT USE ANTIBIOTICS. What a sad string of infections/thrush that causes. Especially if your doctor is recommending the gel/cream antibiotic, take something natural instead, as it will not rip out the good bacteria that help overcome the infection (you will be less likely to get another infection).

Let me define something I feel is important:

SUGAR: sugar is just another word for carbohydrate. Carbohydrates break down as sugars, starches break down as sugars, sweet things are obviously sugar (this includes fruit-has a lot of sugars-fructose). So, take your grain dept. and consider it sugar. Carbs are not bad, but excessive REFINED carbs are not great. I try to not eat any grains...as I can still get enough carbs from vegetables, meats, and such. Beer has the worst kind of sugar (maltose). if you decide to drink, please, go for the liquor or gluten-free beers. they aren't that bad. Not some nasty sweet corn syrupy liquor either...

I have a really sensitive system due to all of the Viral infections I have had over the years (mono when I was young, 2 kinds of HPV). I got these even though I used protection. I do not advise the pill. I think it screws with your female system. Dietary and lifestyle changes should solve your problems more than the pill. You can also monitor your cycle to avoid pregnancy. A little FYI that works for me, take pure ascorbic acid (vitamin c-without bioflavinoids) if your period is late and drink yogi tea (women's moon cycle- it has **** quai) and your period will come if you are worried. Look it up.

Forgot how much I can write sometimes. Hopefully someone will get something out of this!

I've been having the same problem. First , I had an yeast infection. Got that out w / apple cider vinegar. The itching goes away. Vagina is still red and irritated. I brought some meds from walmart , rep say s its good. Use it 4 seven days , didn't really notice any " relief " mi clit is still swollen and has this white thing at the top. Haven't went to the doctor yet bt intend on doing do. Help ?
did u check for herpes virus
try fluconozol 300mg daily x 5 then 150mg daily x10
add MEGA Probiotics, by mega I mean extreme numbers and you will need to go to vitamin store. if u have a VITAMIN WORLD they have a product; PB 8 (7 billion live cultures per pill) take 15 per day for a week
MAKE SURE U DON'T MIX WITH ANTI BIOTICS
Try eliminating all fabric softeners including environmentally friendly fabric softeners from the laundry load you wash your underwear in. It may sound crazy but it works. We started washing underwear separately with no fabric softeners - and chose the extra rinse cycle -  and both my raw itching so bad I bled - stopped and so did my husbands!!  
After stopping fabric softener use on underwear (cotton is best)  - until the raw tissue heals be sure to NOT wipe after urinating ..Blot or pat dry only -- do not rub and when washing simply lather up your hand - not a cloth or luffa (sp?) - and wash thoroughly but gently with lathered up hand only - rinse very thoroughly with gently running warm water - hopefully you have a 'telephone' hand held shower head - worth getting if you don't or use something to pour clean warm water over area. Pat or blot dry with clean soft towel - do not rub. Give this damaged tissue a chance to heal. I found salt water baths very soothing - I'd sit in warm salted water for 20 minutes before showering. I do hope others find the relief I found because it was hellish and none of the products recommended worked - some dulled the pain and itch for a time but the area never actually healed before.
Hello Lani..like your ideas and help.
Would like to know exactly how much salt to put in bath water.
Many thanks...
Hi,  it sort of depends on how big the bath tub is and how full you want to make it - I have a fairly large Jetted tub with a bath lift so that I can get in and out. I used 4 cups of salt to the full tub of water ...enough so that the water tasted slightly salty - about half as salty as saline solution used for contact lenses - I used the coarse pickling/canning salt rather than the more expensive table salt. Soaking in the warm salty water felt very soothing.  A smaller tub would probably be fine with 2 cups.

I felt fully healed and comfortable again in 4 days after months of trying just about everything on the market -- I had settled on using Desitin the zinc ointment for diaper rash because it was so soothing and then about a week  later I found myself wondering about fabric softeners for some reason and thought I'd try eliminating it and took out all my underwear and washed it again with no fabric softener - I used the Desitin for another day then started with the salt water baths and 4 days later I didn't need to do anything - I did take two 20 minute salt water soaks per day for those 4 days.

Please let me know how this works for you - I sure hope you can get the relief I did and what I really like about it is it costs nothing once it clears up and in fact expenses are decreased slightly with no fabric softener used for underwear - I still use an unscented environmentally friendly fabric softener for the rest of my laundry and it seems fine - it was just in that warm moist area with constant friction from walking etc.and a bit on my chest under the bra strap.

My husband did NOT take the salt water soaks and his raw itching has cleared up too - it just took a couple of days longer.
I just wanted to know what your update was with your specialist since it has been a couple of years since you mentioned her studying this mystery condition.

My symptoms sound like yours, in that my clitoris is inflamed and coated in smegma and some solid white spots regardless of how clean I am (very clean and conscious). My vulva is usually ok although has been inflamed at times but more often it is the entrance to my vagina which feels inflamed and raw. Sex does exacerbate it and I always wash afterwards just in case that helps. i thought I had a latex sensitivity but since stopping condome use nothing has changed.

I have suffered chronic recurrent thrush for around seven years now, regardless of what diet I follow or medication I take (natural or conventional), although keeping sugar minimal does seem to help a bit.

That said, when checked for STDs etc I am always clear and I have only ever had one urinary tract infection and that was about 15 years ago. I don't even always come up positive for candida when I'm tested and I have the symptoms.

There is no itch unless I have vaginal thrush and occasionally swelling and redness around my clitoris.

I do occasionally have vulvar fissures, which bleed and are not from scratching.

I have always felt that medical professionals either don't have a clue what it is or don't take me seriously. It has never responded to antifungal medication or antibiotics.

It does make me very self-conscious appearance-wise and also sexually as I know that it will be a few days of pain after sex and I am in such a great relationship and it's hard for my boyfriend to understand that it isn't because I'm dirty (although he does understand, we're just both baffled) and also the fact that he sees what I eat and how I live my life and everything is from the garden, fresh and organic and I rarely drink alcohol and never eat packet food or drink fizzy drinks.

So I'd like to participate in this study if you are still interested and involved and around. It does seem like it is a common issue that needs investigation and solutions. Believe me, I have tried EVERY SINGLE suggestion on this board over the years. Every single one and more.

I deserve a nice happy pink shiny clitoris and so does every woman that takes care of theirs.
Thank you for your reply to my question, Lani.

I use a standard bathtub in my bathroom.
Would that not be too drying on the skin as a whole? I have extremely dry skin now.

Have stopped using fabric softener on my underwear and pour water over my "****" after using the toilet, it seems to be a little soothing until my next daily shower.
Not that I'm aware of but you could always rinse off after the soak if you're concerned or if you found it drying either stop doing it or use less salt or rinse off .. several options - I've always found saline soaks to be very healing and soothing but there's not reason why you couldn't shower off the rest of your skin with plain water and the amount of salt isn't that great as to be drying of those tissues at least not in my experience but then everyone is different - you must do what you feel is right for you. I only offered this as something that worked for me and might work for others.
Of course I've lived on the coast most of my life and have swum in salt water a lot and it is VERY salty compared to what I'm suggesting - probably 10 times more salty and decades ago before pollution became a problem it was great for healing zits.
BTW I already said to only use 2 cups in a smaller tub and also said that my husbands raw itching tissue healed up without taking any saline soaks - it just took longer ...... I only suggested the soaks because they are so soothing and help heal faster but if you don't need them  .... don't do them.
The clitoris is very simular to the uncircumcised penis. It requires the same foreskin pulling back and daily cleaning. Please start pulling your clitoris hoods back. At first a little, then pull it all the way back. Everyday
pulling back and cleaning. I know what a unclean foreskin can do. Doctors will not tell you this, neither will your mother or girlfriends. Just do it....Pull it back hard, till the head comes all out. remove all white specks, daily. The more you pull it back the easier it will be, with less pain. Proper cleaning of the clitoris is just as important as is the penis.
Tell your partner to keep his mouth off your clitoris and urethra. I know it feels good , Just try this for a few weeks..... Won't cost anything.
Thank God for the internet. I woke up this morning at almost 2:30 exactly (it's 2:45 as I type this) due to feeling impossibly warm despite having a fan blowing directly on me. My clitoris has been very sensitive and tender for about 4 or so days now, but it's not as severe as the cases I've read about on here. My symptoms include frequent vaginal dryness, swelling and burning of the clitoris (specifically the hood and surrounding 'flaps'; I'm not a doctor, I don't know what they're called)... that's about it. I try to keep myself clean down there, and when I have a flare up a shower usually does the trick to calm it down. It's painful to touch, but if I sit with my legs criss-crossed I barely notice any discomfort. I am 19 years old.

I haven't been to a doctor in several years, so I'm going to go to one as soon as I can find a good one.

As a side note, I've found myself restless, and having to move around a lot.. and this might be a little gross, but since this has started I've also had a bit of excess gas. I don't know if anyone else has had this, but it's related somehow. I'm going to bookmark this webpage and check back frequently. I am also starting my period, but I've never had any flare-ups like this ever before! I have never had sex, so there is no chance of it being an STD or sexual infection. It might be an allergic reaction to a new laundry detergent we purchaced about 2 weeks ago. I'll stop using it and see if that helps any.
Hi! I ask everyone in this forum to stop looking for help online and go and see a doctor until its too late! If you have some kind of bacteria or virus inside you, know that it is doubling in quantity every day you wait. This means that if you have 20,000 bacteria today, tomorrow it will be 40,000, next day 80,000, 160,000.....!
My clitoris got swollen couple of months ago. It was just a little bit swollen in the beginning but it was doubling in size every day. First couple of days it didn't hurt so I thought nothing was wrong. I started worrying on day 3 when I woke up and saw the size of my clitoris! It was really I mean REALLY swollen! On day 3 I couldn't walk or stand cause the pain was unbearable. I was walking like a penguin. I called and got an appointment with a wonderful doctor.  She prescribed a strong antibiotic which I had to take two times a day, 3 yeast infection pills (because I told her that I sometimes get yeast infections) for once a day, also I had to do sit in warm baths at least 3-4 times a day, wash my clitoris with hydrogen peroxide mixed with water (half and half), and each time after bath dry my clitoris with paper towel very well and put Neosporin on it. Also she told me to avoid using soap in that area. So I started this treatment on Friday and she told me that if pus and possibly blood don't start coming out by Sunday I should give her a call on my way to the emergency room. In that case she would have to cut clitoris and drain it. So me and my husband went to the drug store and got everything we needed. With his help I did everything as prescribed and next morning (Saturday) pus and blood started coming out! What a relief it was!
I asked my doctor about laptop use and she said that if it was because of laptop, whole area would get swollen not only that particular part. She told me that it could be because of an ingrown hair or sex toys that stimulate clitoris (which we don't use).
Please PLEASE don't be embarrassed and go see a doctor. Also avoid using scented pads, tampons, soaps...
Good luck!
Pc26 please contact me asap I have or might be having the exact same issue...please I had a baby Mar.9.11... I want to know why I'm getting this thing. Its just starting too, I dnt want this. I'm begining to think I might have something. 239.440.3621 if anyone can answer this call me or leave me a text message!??
PC26--
When I read your symptoms I said, holy crap I could have wrote this!! I was relieved to see that I'm not the only one, but sorry to hear you're having this problem. I have been having the SAME symptoms for about a week now, but can't go to the doctors because I have no money. I'm reading what everyone else is posting, and while some sound similar, I feel like I know exactly what you are talking about, no differences. I am POSITIVE it's not an STD because I've only ever had sex with one person, and he's been checked before and has none. I am 20 years old, have never had a yeast infection, or any problems down there, so this kinda scared me. I too had little white pieces coming off, for me it seemed almost like a very thin layer of skin peeling off, almost like your skin after a sunburn (although I can assure you my clitoris has never seen sun light haha)

I have been extremely stressed out lately, and have been having terrible acid reflux. Water, for some reason, really irritates my acid reflux so I have just been drinking lemon powerade to stay hydrated. I too have struggled with bladder infections due to dehydration. So I'm wondering if the powerade is affecting my urine, which is some how irritating my clitoris. I honestly have no idea what could be causing this though. But if you say stress is affecting your irritation, then I know EXACTLY  what is causing this for me haha. I have recently been put on Prilosec (a acid reflux med) so maybe that could be a cause?? I don't drink, and I dont smoke. I just started having sex a little over a year ago, and we've not done anything different or changed anything at all, so I'm just not sure where this came from. I thought maybe it was just infected or.. like dirty.. but I clean myself well, and regularly, so I dont think it's some un-handled hygiene issure.. I tried to have sex last night cause it was feeling a little better, and after that it was very irritated again. Please keep me updated on any further medical help you receive or any more changes in your life style that seem to help.

It is really great of you to be so open and honest about this, I really appreciate it because like I said, I dont have money to go to the doctors (I mean if it swells up and gets bad, I'll find the money and go) but until then, what you are saying is sooo very helpful! Thanks sooo much!!!
-KK
First, I'd like to tell you how relieved I was to see that other people are having the same symptoms that I am, but I wish none of us had them! Lately my "downstairs" has just been baffling me. Here's my story, thanks for posting!!
I have suffered from random periods of clitoral sensitivity with the "white stuff" that everyone has been talking about. I cleaned it several times a day but the little white spots under the clitoral hood kept coming back. Now, the right side of my clitoral hood as well as my clitoris is swollen. And VERY painful. Also the inner labia surrounding the right side of my clitoris and clitoral hood are VERY painful and sensitive.
This most recent bout started after a UTI. I was on antibiotics for a UTI when I started my period. My period lasted four weeks (birth control issue). During that period, shortly after being treated for the UTI, I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis. Then the doctor called back and told me I had chlamydia. I treated all the infections and the symptoms went away. THEN the clitoris problems started. I don't know if any of these vaginal symptoms were related to the clitoris problem.
I have had general pain and irritation in the clitoris as well as the white spots for a couple years. The swelling clitoris and clitoral hood and inner labia has only been going on for about five days.
I have had several UTIs. At least one a year since I was a kid (about 16 years). I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so I have frequent ovarian cysts. I had a recent bout of bacterial vaginosis.
Again, the symptoms are pain, swelling and sensitivity of clitoris, clitoral hood and inner labia (mostly on right side).
I've been reading the forum as i stress over what the heck is going on with me. I had really be itching and swelling all over my vagina about 4 weeks ago and i went to the doctor who took some swabs and a pap and prescribed some ceam to clear up any potential yest infection and bacterial vaginosis. A week went by and I felt great, then I got my period and 2 days in it came back just soreness this time. As soon as i was done i went back to the doctor who told me that my pap was clear and my vagina, despite my feelings of swelling is completely healthy looking. Now a week has gne by since that vist and my clitoris is still swollen. My glands all over my body are swollen and i'm get a runny nose and a sore throat. I'm reluctant to go back to the doctor in fear that he'll tell me the same thing and send me home.
What do you think?
Hi.. I went to my doctor all ready to check if i had any infections or stds. She said in three days if I do have something she will call. She hasnt and It came out negative. I am just wondering how come the outer layer of my vagina hurts when I rubb it because its a little itchy or hurts when I wipe it! This has being going on for a half a year now. And when I am done having sex it feels like Im allergic to his seeman! I am so lost and I dont think I can have sex anymore! It hurts way to much to risk it. please give me some answers or help!
I have very similar symptoms. It started with a sore, red and sensitive clit.  Later my labia swelled up and had red and white blotches all over it.  It is very painful, it is itchy and it burns.  I was recently diagnosed with Genital Herpes and have had overlapping outbreaks.  My initial outbreak didn't look anything like this but I think this is from the Herpes.  I suspect that maybe I have an outbreak happening inside my vagina... unfortunately it's not an easy place to check.  I started getting white discharge and early on I was having the same white blotches that would wash away, but I've also had white discoloured spots on the skin from the beginning.
I have the same issue and it has been ongoing for the last 12-15 months on again/off again - NEVER ENDING. No doctor (including 5 now; 2 kaiser, 1 specialist, and 2 clinic Dr's) has been able to diagnose or give me any ease from the pain. I have been given a number of creams (same as you listed above) and just finished a set of flagyl. I am no better, if not, worse. I am in my late 20's and I'm very concerned about what this could be. Forget having sex - can I just wear underwear without it hurting??? I've been tested for every STD in the book and I'm negative also, although I did get HPV when I was in my early 20's I have been told this is unrelated. Did you ever find out the diagnosis of this issue? I'm hoping you still look at this website to help others with this horrible experience. Thanks for anything you can advise. I see the Dr. again tomorrow morning...
yes i have the same thing but it is wieird cuz i am 13 turning 14 in 3months. i have not had sex yet but i have msterbated befor.usualy when i git  dont that is when  i feel the itchy fealing down there. like the white things i have thoese too and i started to git wierded out but i dont want to tell my mom. but i dont know if it is normal but if it continues i will be sure to notify a docter
Ok, I too have this problem! The swollen labia, build up on smegma on the skin and the cuts. I have visited the doctor and the test results all came back negative. It's so frustrating not knowing how I can fix this. A week ago I was put onto anti-biotics, but this isnt the first time I have had these symptons.  Does anyone know exactly if it's a bladder infection, yeast infection or skin infection? And can anyone reccommend any meds to help clear it up?

Hii I'm having a problem my vagina is always swelling I'm having a discharge and its looking like cotish cheese my clit is huge and red can someone help me out
I have the same thing. It's very irritating and I finally had enough of the feeling to google it. My symptoms usually start one week before my period comes. It feel like a yeast infection w/o the cottage cheese in the vagina.It's irritating and makes me feel miserable. I begin to itch(my external skin) cortizone reliefs that. Then my clitoris will itch and drive me crazy until I feel like pulling it out of my body. Then shortly after that (a day) I will get the bright, white clump near my hood that gets thick if I don't take the probiotic. This is the 3rd month in a row, I'm 36yrs. old it might be a dip in my hormones but it goes away after my monthly starts. I had it about three times last year and thought I was getting a yeast infection. The yeast infection medicine doesn't cure the problem it just coats it.

Things that help me:
- Probiotic or acidophilus 1 every 6 hours
-Q-tip swab of vaseline around my clitoris in my vagina
-a tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar with three drops of water.

Things that don't help:
-Peroxide ( whoever recommended that was crazy.I just tried it and it made me feel uncomfortable & hot down there.)

Good Luck to you all!!!
I too have had a swollen clitoris hood for the last 7-8 months. I have crohn's disease and the vaginal ulcers that sometimes goes with the disease. I was stressed recently after my Dad died in April and the last four years prior to his passing. So, I had a crohn's flare. The clitoris hood swelling has been getting better and then getting worse off and on, finally really swelled up the last few days, even though I think the crohns' flare is passing. I am so glad I found this forum and saw your post. I did the warm saline sitz bath and I when I looked in the mirror afterwards, pus was coming out from clitoris. Sure enough, blood and pus came out, like from a boil. Yikes! I put neosporin on it after it drained. How weird! Thank-you for posting, all of you. I had been to the doctor twice and she had no answers for me, other than she thought I was maybe the queen of autoimmune disease and that it wasn't contagious nor VD.
Did you ever get a diagnosis?  Any relief?  
I had had a yeast infection for about four months and it wasn't getting better after many doctors appoinments, pills and creams. Then the doctors said my yeast infection turned into Dermatitis. Which is a scratch Itch cycle. I've suffered with an erritated crotch for over 6 months now and I totally feel your pain.  
I think we all have pinworms infestation of the vagina let me tell you those white things are the parasite not sure what one but also I had them on my nipples years ago Dr. told me it was nothing. Ok 30 years later they are full of parasites throughout my whole body as they multiply so rapidly. Then they say if the anus is not available for the female to lay her eggs she goes to the vagina and I really know this for a fact. I have been fighting a serious infestation for the past 7 months Dr's they will not listen when you tell them hey I know my frigen body and this ain't normal so they send you to a specialist and thats all they know anyway I found lysol wipees work great especially on the feet and where ever they might have attacked you as each person is different.I am disgusted with Dr's anymore thank God he showed me and led me to look into my own health I say it was a miracle! Hope that can help someone or yourself have agreat day if thats possible  s
It is sad to see that so many women are suffering from this trouble (although a lil relieving too).My symptoms look somewhat similar to what has already been discussed here. I also got cut on my clitoris. However after medication of 21 days, the symptoms improved. My medication is over but my discomfort is there. Sometyms the pain in clitoris begins and my inner labia gets swollen up.Besides the pain, the swelling is what irritates me the most. It haunts me that the infection and the pain will be back ...I am going to see my doc soon for reg. check up.  
I had that same excat problem discharge white spots on clit....itchy round uretha i started put hydrogen peroixde by using a q tip and it started to clear up white spot start to make a sizzle noise and i went to the doctor and it ws yeast and they gave me some medicne plus ova the counter i started to put the tablet you stick up in the vagina i cut it open in put it one the white spots it went away
Boy, I'm absolutely exhausted after reading every single post.  We all seem to be experiencing the same symptoms.

I am turning 46 in Feb.  I was abused sexually when a young child and have had issues my whole life due to such.  I have Endometriosis, Poly Cystic Ovaries, Fibralmialgia, Neurotony, Type I Diabetes and due to new symptoms had just been diagnosed with Herpes (tho I have no indications where I would have contracted that as abstained for 7 years b/4 dating my husband for 3 years- so I do not believe this to be true), I also have a Marina IUD that is overdue for removal. I also have had many laporscopy's (shaving uterine wall & cervic of cysts with a hot wire - not fun)  I have not been to GYN for 3 years as had no insurance, but am making appt tomorrow.

For approx (since b/4 the herpes disgnosis) 3 yrs, I have been experiencing similar symptoms.  I have/had never had any kind of infection as I have grown up with either having no mensus, constant spotting or the extreme (w/ clotting and gushing) mensus (needless to say I spent only 50% of my time in class during high school).

Symptoms have worsened since the beginning.  Like I said b/4, I thought I might have a yeast infection due to discharge and itching.  But NOT,-  I have both swollen labias, clitoris, a discharge (babywipes), labia and clitoris bleeding, slighlty/occassionaly pinkish discharge (most likely due to labia walls seeping), severe itching, pain, discomfort at all times, I occasionaly have what I call a sharp twing pain on my right side (groin area) when I get up too fast (this has been happening since the birth of my son 23 years ago and my GYN and I just chalked this up to be associated to a 52 stich apesiotomy), but just last night experienced this on my left side for the first time ever. Since I am highly alergic (allergic) I have addressed/tried to- several issues ((toilet paper, laundry soap, bath soap, lotions, condoms, fabrics, diet (diet control diabetic)smoking, alcohol) to no avail.

I believe there is something we are missing.  I have an idea for those of you who want to pursue this.  My son had been diagnosed with a rare brain tumor at the age of 4.  We were lucky enough to get him into a study.  I had no idea this study was wordlwide.  I talked to 13 specialists from all around the world.  Thay all spent 4 hours with me on the phone and all asked the exact same questions.  All data was entered into a "BRAIN MASTER COMPUTER".  This computer took all info and spit out the best possible course of treatment for my son which I can really say from my heart saved my son's life.  I propose, when the originator of this forum completes the website, that we all answer a questionaire (it will be long and extensive) covering all aspects of our lives.  Because in my gut, I know there is something that connects us all.

Please keep posting & please try to have a wonderful rest of your day.
Blessings, Peace, Love & Light.
This Story is IDENTICAL to mine ! Its too identical I would say lol. I have a very sensitive bladder and in the past 2 years have gotten 8-9 bladder infections. I find that my clitoris is extremely sensitive and I dont like being touched at all. I find this only happens once in a blue moon but i would doubt the fact that it clitoris pain is inter connected with bladder infections.
Ok so I'm 17 and I have been having some odd symptoms, and this was the first site to come up on my google search. I have been sexually active for over a year and a half. This past October I visited my Gynecologist because I was having symptoms of a disorder and she diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis. After the 7-day treatment, it was cleared up. During this same visit, she said she would take samples and test me for and STIs, because I have had multiple partners. She said if she found something, she would call me. I never received a call and I do not have an STI. But after having sex with my boyfriend two nights ago, I started having my current symptoms. I usually am a bit swollen the next morning after intercourse, but I believe this is normal for me because i have always been this way. But over the course of the day, my clitoris became extremely sensitive and my labia became even more swollen than usual. By the end of the evening, there was itchiness and redness, which is still occuring now. About two weeks ago I cleared up a yeast infection, so I am not sure if this may be associated, that maybe the yeast infection wasnt all the way cleared and intercourse caused it to flare again. But I really would appreciate any feedback anyone could offer me. I think I will wait the symptoms out a few days (i have begun yeast infection treatment this morning) and see what happens. If nothing changes I will be scheduling an appointment with my gyno.

Sidenote*- We used KY Yours & Mine, which I have never used before. Maybe a reaction? I am on birth control and no condom, so I know it was not a reaction to latex. Obviously, dryness was not an issue.

Thanks!
I am exhaused and totally depressed.
I was HOPING that their would be a definitive answer / solution / diagnosis / treatment...Just unfortunately, a number of women who are suffering from the same thing I am.  I had this almost 20 years ago..and seemed to come on all of a sudden.  Sex became excruciating (although, i have not ready any of posts mentioning that), anything that touched the clitoris sent me into orbit, extreme burning and inflammation on the interior of the lips, hurt to walk, sit, clean the area, ride a bike or my horse was out of the question.  I was told it was psychological, given cremes, anti-fungal, and a no tests came back positive for anything.  I tried yeast diets, alternative theapies, nothing helped.  It ruined my relationship with my boyfriend at the time and i contemplated suicide.  After 6 years of NO relief, i found an allergist who also treated people with Candida sensitivities by giving them allergy shots for Candida, i had some improvement but nothing major for 2 years of his treatments as well as trying to maintain a yeast free diet which i was not able to do 100% of the time and take Nystatin at the same time....this was in 1996.

In 1998, i was diagnosed with clinical depression and put on anti-depressants..and went through several different ones before finding one that seemed to not have any negative "side effects"...Oh...I also was hypothyroid and had been to a variety of thyroid/endocrinologists...anyways...1999.......all my vaginal  / clitoral problems "disappeared"....never had a definitive answer from the medical community.

Now....all of a sudden 13 years later...all of a sudden it's back...I have had my share of health issues: Breast Cancer in 2003, constant thyroid issues, chemical sensitivities, 2005 i had tons of problems with insomnia, memory, fatigue, muscle weakness, and after going to tons of doctors again....i was told i had Fibromyalgia...put on sleeping pills of all sorts, lyrica, still anti-depressants, do i believe it...I'm not sure maybe I do maybe I don't...but still no pain or problems down below......this past spring...i was tired of taking al these pills and slowly came off all of them...besides....i  had been feeling pretty good...........well later this summer...I had lots of medical problems again....ovarian cyst that ruptured, kidney stone, dental work needed: root canals, a couple of bacterial vaginosis episodes and i had to go on anti-biotics a few times this year, anesthesia, the fibromyalgia seems to have flared up with fatigue, muscle aches, insomnia again....and two weeks ago, I started having all my old vaginal / clitoral pain again. All i can say is I don't want to through years of pain and suffering with this again and one dr. after the other...but it looks like it is that way.......
Hi !

I have a sensible clitoris just now. I feel excitation all the time. It is really uncomfortable. Do you know any creams or quick treatment  pelase help me ? . My husband and i had sex and happened after it .

Camo
If you have 3-5 orgasms BEFORE any penetrative sex, it will properly close the urethra fully so you cannot get a UTI. Also, if you have at least 3 full orgasms prior to sexual intercourse, you will be adequately lubricated not only within the vaginal canal, but also in the external surrounding area. This is very important to prevent lesions and tiny tears that occur often in women who do not orgasm before sex. Also, if you are not turned on yet, use lube or oral sex to stimulate the clitoris with minimal friction. All of these preventative measures will help reduce the irritation that is occurring in your inner labia and clitoris.
Wow! If you are a woman that can have that many orgasms before penetration or during one session kudos to you! It is quite difficult for me to orgasm though and I am extremely sensitive. Instead, because I am so sensitive, both my husband and I rinse off before and after and I always urinate after sex. For lubrication, I actually use olive oil or vegetable oil. It is more natural than other lubricants and was recommended by an OBGYN. I do not get any kind of irritation from olive oil. I have suffered from BV a few times and one of my symptoms is swelling of the inner labias. This is due to the inflammatory response from irritation from rubbing or scratching not actually from the overgrowth itself. However, I recommend allowing your body to fight off BV on its own unless you have severe symptoms like smell or abdominal pain because the antibiotics used to treat it are extremely harsh on your body and eventually the bacteria will become resistant. Every time you kill the bacteria, you kill everything and the bad grow a lot faster than the good. Additionally, constant antibiotic use will mess with your gastrointestinal system too.

I have had great success with the product Rephresh because it balances out your vaginal pH and helps prevent an overgrowth of the anaerobic bacterium Gardnerella. It also is not like a liquid douche, so it will not shoot the infection further up into your reproductive tract. BTW, there seems to be a lot of confusion on this; bacterial vaginosis is not sexually transmitted, it is merely your vagina's pH getting out of wack, therefore allowing the already present bacteria to grow in greater numbers. Sperm is basic and your vagina is slightly acidic so sperm can throw off that balance when you’re exposed too much to it. If you balance out your pH and maintain it, then the normal biota in your vagina will eventually return to normal and help prevent overgrowth. On the other hand, yeast can sometimes be pretty stubborn but it too can become resistant so watch out with over use of drugs. Good luck and don’t fret, some extra measures may need to be taken for those of you that are really sensitive like me, but in the long run you (and your husband) will be happier when you are able to prevent problems like this. All of this information I have learned from my own experiences, research and I am a health sciences major. Good luck!
HI ADyer,
In my experience, the antibiotics used for BV will sometimes cause a yeast infection. Do you allow your boyfriend to ejaculate inside of you? If so, then his sperm is probably throwing off your pH. When the pH is thrown off and in combination with vigorous rubbing, the bacteria that cause BV (Gardnerella) that is already present in your vagina will over grow. Or if you do not allow him to do that, your vagina may be a little sensitive after a period because blood also has a slightly different pH level and can throw off your balance making you susceptible to overgrowth or changes in the vagina. Also, E. coli from the anal region can also cause an imbalance if it is introduced into the vagina, sometimes wearing thongs a lot or tight clothes can contribute to this.

Once you clear up the yeast infection, look into methods for maintaining the balance of your vaginal pH. I personally use Rephresh. Do not douche though because if you do have an overgrowth of bacteria, you do not want to introduce it higher into your reproductive tract. Infection in your upper reproductive tract is called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and it can be detrimental to future fertility. Usually PID is caused by sexually transmitted diseases though such as Gonorrhea or Chlamydia that goes undetected. So as long as you take proper precautions and are tested than you should be fine. Try to avoid getting in a vicious cycle of antibiotic after antibiotic use for BV and yeast infections, it can really mess with your system and the infectious pathogens can become resistant requiring higher and longer doses.
I too suffer with itching which leads to swollen labia. Then this leads to burning when urinating and it is a vicious circle.  Then there are times that the clitoris is red and inflamed and I have masterbated and gotten some relief at times.  I had breast cancer in 2001 and was on Tamoxifin (tamoxifen) for several years and was told that this medicine has attributed to my Vulvitis and vaginal atrophy. I went to an OBGYN Oncologist and she prescribed a low dose topical hormone creme that is inserted into the vaginal area.  Since my breast cancer was hormone fed I am unable to take any female hormones and this low dose topical has not given me any relief.  I am desperate for some help as there are times that it is almost unbearable.  I've been married 42 years and there has been no intimacy for over 3 years due to the pain involved.  I have a wonderful husband that understands but it is disappointing to be a wife that cannot fulfill one of the most wonderful aspects in her marriage. I hope that there are a lot of women with this problem that will post a comment.  If that is what it takes to get doctors to realize what a huge problem this can be in ones life maybe there will be more research done and hopefully a cure. Meanwhile I continue to pray that God will heal me.  Thank you for sharing your comments as they helped me drop my inhibitions and share my story too.
Hello, everyone. I'm sorry to see that so many of us are suffering, but relieved that we are here to support one another!
Now, I have been a vegan for seven years, and I tend to stay quite healthy. Stress, however, is my and everyone else's main enemy! I recently went through a very stressful financial crisis, and my diet became toxic during that period. I was eating far too much sugar, carbs, and was drinking massive amounts of coffee. I used to have these things in moderation, but this was total overload. Then, after about a week of stress and poor eating habits, I was feeling depressed, lethargic, and had low self-esteem. Do not underestimate the dangerous powers of SUGAR and STIMULANTS. They can override your system, your mind!
Not only was I feeling terrible emotionally, but I began to notice my inner labia seemed to be protruding more than usual, and were itchy. I thought it was just because I had recently trimmed my pubic hairs to be as short as possible. I hadn't had them trimmed for a while, so I had forgotten what things usually look like down there! The itch was there for maybe a day or two, and then I had sex. My partner and I got caught up and didn't take our clothes off completely, hah.. He had pushed my panties over to the side while we were having sex. I didn't notice it being uncomfortable at the time, but the next day was awful. My inner labia were not only dry and itchy, but chafing! This has never happened to me before, and I was instantly worries about STDs, UTIs, etc, which I have never had before. I'm a firm believer in natural medicine, and have never taken medication besides amoxicillin for ear infections when I was a child.
Here's to the cure: coconut products truly cure more ailments than any other product out there. Read the book "Coconut Cures" by Bruce Fife. I use coconut oil for a sunscreen, cooking oil, on toast, on wounds (literally heals wounds and burns overnight). It's also antimicrobial and antibacterial. So I thought, if you can eat it, it moisturizes your skin, and kills microbes and bacteria, then it should help with dryness AND an infection, if present. Last night, I drank two huge cans of coconut water, and this morning I put coconut oil all over my outer and inner labia. I also decided that I needed some probiotics, but wanted to stay away from soy (which has oxalates; I did research on vestibulitis diets and found that many foods I had been bingeing on, but was not used to consuming, were high-acidity foods containing oxalates- no bueno!) so I turned to kombucha. This morning, I have only had tea and kombucha so far, and I feel satisfied, so I'm going to try to cleanse, intake a lot of fluids, and only eat when truly hungry, so that all of my energy goes to healing my body.
I haven't experienced ANY itching since I put on the coconut oil and began drinking kombucha this morning. I highly recommend that you at least try the coconut oil, coconut water, and kombucha. Make sure that these products have no added sugars, are completely organic is possible, and especially make sure that the coconut oil is extra virgin and unrefined. I'm also considering soaking a cloth pad with coconut water to soothe my labia. It might sound weird, but coconut is really soothing. I'll update if I have any other tips, or my condition doesn't go away.
I should also note that I'm quite positive that I don't have a UTI, since it doesn't burn when I pee. I believe it's just a skin irritation, due to friction and a highly acidic diet. I have never been able to tolerate citrus, and my father is even highly allergic to tomatoes, coffee, beer, etc.
Sorry for the length of this post, let me know if the coconut oil helps. It may be a bit tingly at first; I believe this is just the feeling of those microbes getting beaten up! :)    
Okay, so, I've been applying coconut oil, which has completely stopped the dryness and chafing, but not all of the itchiness. I had an exam yesterday, and oh the look on the OBGYN's face when I told him I was using coconut oil. "Is that what that's for?" he asked. Heh. Anyway, he didn't detect any dryness, and could not, with his own eyes, see any yeast or bacteria inside my vagina. He took a swab and checked under a microscope and still didn't see anything. Although he told me that he doesn't always see everything on his own, he and the nurse acted and spoke to me as if they were quite sure my tests would come back negative. He also told me I could continue to use coconut oil as much as I wanted. Relieved, I slept soundly.
And awoke to the lab calling me with test results- a bad sign. Turns out I have BV, as I had predicted. I think that the above comment about menstruation changing pH levels makes a lot of sense- I noticed the fishy odor the very morning after having sex with my partner, and I was on my period. I think it's a combination of his sperm and being on my period. Now I have to use some scary creme to cure (at least temporarily?) my BV. I'm going to research some alternative medicines, but I will still use the creme, just to be safe. Sigh. The stories in this forum are truly saddening. Healing thoughts to you all!
just the past few days it has been swollen and slightly red around my cliortis with occassional itching and soreness when wharing tight or close fitting clothes. this isnt the first time...its reaccuring... idk what it is and i also tested negative for everything. I have eczma (eczema) and this irritates it and causes a slight rash on the inner lips of my vagina. It ***** and is painful.
I have just developed the same symptoms. The weirdest part for me was the super sensitive white "spots" just under my clit's hood/edge of the hood. Clitoris is definitely sensitive and swollen and when I wipe after going to the bathroom my whole labia feel very raw and irritated, but this quickly subsides. I too had a really bad yeast infection that persisted for a few weeks but went away, or so I thought. A week later my clitoris started to itch, I was worried about an STD but my OBGY said I look completely healthy down there and just have me more antifungal medicine. She recommended an antifungal cream for the clitoris discomfort and it has helped alot/no more itching. But now my clitoris just feels swollen and achy all the time. I inspected myself this morning to find what looks like a super tiny white spot that's extremely sensitive/almost painful to touch. So confused! Please contact me if you find out what's going on! ***@****
I don't know if this helps, but I have been having the same issues. I am using the summer's eve sensitive to clean and it seems to help with some of the pain and the swelling. We are at a loss as well, however, I found it interesting that you had a sensitive bladder. I have interstitial cystitis, a bladder condidtion, and maybe the two are linked?
ITS THE TOILET PAPER !
EVEN THE BEST LIKE UNSCENTED CHARMIN HAS INCREASING
AMOUNTS OF UNDETECTABLE CHEMICALS ON IT.
ITS THE TOILET PAPER !
And of course use only natural soaps like avalon organic, all natural laundry products like biokleen , 100% cotton underwear, ETC!
Chlorella and lactoferrin absorb all the pollutions we are affected by
pls let me know the treatment for ur problem if it has cured
My symptoms, just like the others here, started a few days ago.  At first I thought I irritated things when I used this new shaving oil, however, the swelling, tenderness, itchiness and white stuff showed up yesterday.  So stayed up half the nite researching and found this site...thank goodness...but sounds like there is no easy fix.  Using mupirocin ointment on it now just to soothe it, but, not getting better.  I don't wear underwear...gave it up at retirement...lol.  I am 63 and still very active sexually, but, have not had sex since end of December so don't think this is related.  This has never happened to me before.  But, just did finish a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection.  I may have one yeast infection in my life, but, don't think this is it either.
OMG!  My clitoral pain started after a course of antibiotics for a sinus infection also!  I went ahead and used Monistat 3-day treatment after the 10 days of antibiotics as I can usually expect a yeast infection.  Then, 20 days ago I got this clitoral pain that was excruciating.  I no longer can wear underwear or pants, just a loose shift-like dress.  I am 58 and had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and a bladder sling 10 years ago.  I sometimes feel like I am having a constant orgasm without the enjoyment part.  It doesn't bother me at night though.  I am now bedridden and have an ice pack between my legs for relief during the day.  I cannot sit and walking irritates it.  I went to my PCP and she said maybe yeast infection (even though I had used Monistat.  3 pills and four days later, I could not stand the pain and went to a OB-GYN who got me in to see her the same day I called.  Oops I forgot to mention that my PCP prescribed 5% lidocaine for the pain and it didn't work.  Anyway, at the OB-GYN clinic the doctor said to be patient and it will go away.  Whatever "it"is.  I started crying because I couldn't stand the pain and no one was helping me.  She just turned and walked out the door.  Over that weekend I went to the NVA.org site (National Vulvodynia Association) and joined this Association after reading all this info on their site.  If you don't have a lot of money, they will still let you join for $15 instead of $45.  Believe me, it was worth it.  I got a list of OBGYNs that know about vulvar and clitoral pain.  One of the Drs. was in my area and that Monday morning I called at 8 am and was able to see her that same day.  I finally found someone who knew about what I was going through.  She scheduled an MRI and I had it this past Thursday and I am just waiting for the results.  I just need help with this pain.  I don't want to be in bed all the time with ice between my legs!  But, I do feel as though I am on my way to an answer.  I will keep you informed if you like.  We are close in age and we both got this after antibiotics for a sinus infection.  May I ask which antibiotics you took?  Anyway my main symptoms are a throbbing pain in my clitoris and pain in my vulva also.  Maybe it has to do with nerve endings.  I hope to hear back from you if you feel like it.

Hi did you find anything out about from the MRI. I have the same symptoms as you and am wondering if I should have one scheduled. Thank you!
I had this many yrs ago, started 4 days before I got married. Sex was nearly impossible for months, I was an emotional wreck and in so much physical pain. I saw many many Drs. with multiple miss diagonsis. Finally got a treatment that worked and it saved my life and my marriage. This Dr. had me soak in a pan of warm water with about a cup of vinager added twice a day. Now the vaginal skin went thru lots of changes with these soaks the first few days. Skin swelled more, then edges of labia got really hard to touch. It also burned alot the 1st few min of soaking. But I began to see a change in about 3 days. The white crud around the clitoris was gone my skin was slowly going back to a normal pink and the pain was improving and normal sensation was coming back. I also used a cream called aci jel, not availiable anymore, but can use relaguard. One applicator full in vagina at bedtime for a week. It took a couple of weeks to go completely away. Now I use a vinager and water douche 2 times a week and it has been 16 years. About every 5 years I have a flare up and I go back to the soaks and cream. Now that I know what to look for it clears alot faster. I urge you all to try this, I was out of my mind when this happened to me. No one could help, my new husband couldn't understand so this really saved me.
Hi, I am only 16 and idk I have had problems down there ever since I hit puberty at about twelve there was always an excess of bacteria and white discharge that smelled disgusting I hated it my underwear was always a mess, I use pads and try and keep it clean and moisturized but it only seems to make it hurt more, my clitoris hurts and my inner and outer labia are swollen and red I have examined it closely and sometimes find there is some white discharge acumulating around my clitoris and I just clean that off but idk its getting really bad for me I dont want to go to school or get up because everytime I move it hurts like hell it's really embarrassing and I have yet to see a doctor about it cuz I am extremely self conscious about anybody looking down there do to childhood sexual abuse trauma, i will likely go see someone anyways cuz its getting far to out of hand. I am sexually active or was at one point I guess this never seemed to make a difference i dont see any spots or cuts or anything that could be causing this irritation, I have also had a urinary tract infection recently they put me on antibiotics but it never seemed to make any difference.. :( i would appreciate any advice
Monster
Google Genital Lichen Planus.  It has all the symptoms that have been described here.  Even the white lacy webbing that some people have described. It is an autoimmune disorder. Most Gynecologists seem to overlook it! If not treated, it will just get worse over time to the point that intercourse is impossible. Google it and see. Hope this helps.
Hi   I have had a similar situation.....  and truthfully its driving me crazy.  I also have had the cultures  etc and nothing...  I first had this sensation which started with a horrible clitoral  sensation that I felt horny constantly and also vaginal horniness....   I thought it could be yeast but nothing     I went to a urologist and he thought interstitial  cystitis.    I was scheduled for tests but right before it went away.     it comes and goes chronically now.   there is no rhyme or reason for it.   at first I thought I had herpes but was cultured and nothing.  i don't know where to go from here .   i watch weary tight clothing.  i also wear cotton underwear now.   nothing with a ribbed crotch.    i drink a lot of water and watch the coffee.    i feel your pain for sure.   i asked my doc for something to numb the area   she wrote a script for lotrimin  script strength     i haven't picked it up yet       i don't want to even start dating because of this mess.   im older post menopause.  started about 2 years ago.....  on and off
i am exibiting symptoms of swolen clitoris, yellowish discharge that seems to be coming from my clitoris, burning when i urinate... my symptoms started a week ago and it started while being intimate with my husband... i work in a call center so im siting 7.5 hrs a day and the whole time im having itching and burning. i dont know what to do i am at the end of my rope... sombody help me please
I see that the dates on here goo way back, but i figured id give information that i have found out. Anyone can look up priapism, it is rare with females less then a hand full of studies. I had all the symptoms swelling of the clitoris, itching, to the point it hurt to walk. Went to thd ER and met a great doctor who was talking to me about priapism. It can be caused by medications. Hope this might help some look into it see if it sounds like your symtoms (symptoms) then speak to your obgyn. It helped me if more females knew about this then maybe we can get some more studies for women.