Clitoris and Inner Labia are swollen, sensitive and irriatated
My symptoms started with what looked and felt like a yeast infection under only the hood of the clitoris, once that cleared up I was still experiencing extreme sensitivity on the clitoris and/or the inner labia. My inner labia are swollen to some degree every day; sometimes sensitivity comes with this, sometimes not. When I say sensitivity I mean that every little hair, underwear or anything that touches my inner labia or clitoris is an irritant!! I can't wear underwear and I can only wear loose fitting clothing or the symptoms get worse. I've been dealing with this for 8 months now. I've seen 2 doctors and 1 specialist, none have really told me anything and all tests always come back negative (I was tested for herpes as well.) Even the yeast cultures come back negative.  I've been going to acupuncture for the last 2 months and the symptoms are decreasing, but at a very slow rate. I have taken Monistat, flagyl, cortizone (steroid) pills and cream and nothing has worked. The specialist has put me on a neurotransmitter medicine because she thinks the nerve endings in my vulva are misfiring, which sounds far fetched to me but at this point I'll try anything! I used to feel a rawness under the clitoris hood and between the inner labia a lot, but not as much sense I’ve been going to the acupuncturist, however- it is very rare that I feel any  itchiness. I have not experienced any colored discharge- though on bad days I do have more discharge then usual- but still clear. My acupuncturist and the specialist seem to think these symptoms are a result from having bladder infections in the past (I have a sensitive bladder), DOES ANYONE HAVE A SENSITIVE BLADDER, or have had many bladder infections in the past, and have similar symptoms as me? Also, I have noticed when the clitoris is bothering me- I sometimes have white spots under the hood of my clitoris. After close inspection, I have found these little white spots are NOT part of my clitoris and can be removed. Once it’s removed (very sensitive and somewhat painful to remove) it looks like what a blackhead would look like, but white….?! I clean myself regularly down there so to have any buildup, like this, is very weird. For the last couple of months I’ve been using non-fragranced baby wipes to clean under the clitoris hood and around the vulva area and I’m still seeing these little white spots. IF ANYONE HAS SIMILAR SYMPTOMS PLEASE RESPOND. I’m doing a follow-up visit with the specialist at UCLA Medical Center in 2 months.

Wishing hope on all those who understand.

PC26
Hi! I ask everyone in this forum to stop looking for help online and go and see a doctor until its too late! If you have some kind of bacteria or virus inside you, know that it is doubling in quantity every day you wait. This means that if you have 20,000 bacteria today, tomorrow it will be 40,000, next day 80,000, 160,000.....!
My clitoris got swollen couple of months ago. It was just a little bit swollen in the beginning but it was doubling in size every day. First couple of days it didn't hurt so I thought nothing was wrong. I started worrying on day 3 when I woke up and saw the size of my clitoris! It was really I mean REALLY swollen! On day 3 I couldn't walk or stand cause the pain was unbearable. I was walking like a penguin. I called and got an appointment with a wonderful doctor.  She prescribed a strong antibiotic which I had to take two times a day, 3 yeast infection pills (because I told her that I sometimes get yeast infections) for once a day, also I had to do sit in warm baths at least 3-4 times a day, wash my clitoris with hydrogen peroxide mixed with water (half and half), and each time after bath dry my clitoris with paper towel very well and put Neosporin on it. Also she told me to avoid using soap in that area. So I started this treatment on Friday and she told me that if pus and possibly blood don't start coming out by Sunday I should give her a call on my way to the emergency room. In that case she would have to cut clitoris and drain it. So me and my husband went to the drug store and got everything we needed. With his help I did everything as prescribed and next morning (Saturday) pus and blood started coming out! What a relief it was!
I asked my doctor about laptop use and she said that if it was because of laptop, whole area would get swollen not only that particular part. She told me that it could be because of an ingrown hair or sex toys that stimulate clitoris (which we don't use).
Please PLEASE don't be embarrassed and go see a doctor. Also avoid using scented pads, tampons, soaps...
Good luck!
Pc26 please contact me asap I have or might be having the exact same issue...please I had a baby Mar.9.11... I want to know why I'm getting this thing. Its just starting too, I dnt want this. I'm begining to think I might have something. 239.440.3621 if anyone can answer this call me or leave me a text message!??
PC26--
When I read your symptoms I said, holy crap I could have wrote this!! I was relieved to see that I'm not the only one, but sorry to hear you're having this problem. I have been having the SAME symptoms for about a week now, but can't go to the doctors because I have no money. I'm reading what everyone else is posting, and while some sound similar, I feel like I know exactly what you are talking about, no differences. I am POSITIVE it's not an STD because I've only ever had sex with one person, and he's been checked before and has none. I am 20 years old, have never had a yeast infection, or any problems down there, so this kinda scared me. I too had little white pieces coming off, for me it seemed almost like a very thin layer of skin peeling off, almost like your skin after a sunburn (although I can assure you my clitoris has never seen sun light haha)

I have been extremely stressed out lately, and have been having terrible acid reflux. Water, for some reason, really irritates my acid reflux so I have just been drinking lemon powerade to stay hydrated. I too have struggled with bladder infections due to dehydration. So I'm wondering if the powerade is affecting my urine, which is some how irritating my clitoris. I honestly have no idea what could be causing this though. But if you say stress is affecting your irritation, then I know EXACTLY  what is causing this for me haha. I have recently been put on Prilosec (a acid reflux med) so maybe that could be a cause?? I don't drink, and I dont smoke. I just started having sex a little over a year ago, and we've not done anything different or changed anything at all, so I'm just not sure where this came from. I thought maybe it was just infected or.. like dirty.. but I clean myself well, and regularly, so I dont think it's some un-handled hygiene issure.. I tried to have sex last night cause it was feeling a little better, and after that it was very irritated again. Please keep me updated on any further medical help you receive or any more changes in your life style that seem to help.

It is really great of you to be so open and honest about this, I really appreciate it because like I said, I dont have money to go to the doctors (I mean if it swells up and gets bad, I'll find the money and go) but until then, what you are saying is sooo very helpful! Thanks sooo much!!!
-KK
First, I'd like to tell you how relieved I was to see that other people are having the same symptoms that I am, but I wish none of us had them! Lately my "downstairs" has just been baffling me. Here's my story, thanks for posting!!
I have suffered from random periods of clitoral sensitivity with the "white stuff" that everyone has been talking about. I cleaned it several times a day but the little white spots under the clitoral hood kept coming back. Now, the right side of my clitoral hood as well as my clitoris is swollen. And VERY painful. Also the inner labia surrounding the right side of my clitoris and clitoral hood are VERY painful and sensitive.
This most recent bout started after a UTI. I was on antibiotics for a UTI when I started my period. My period lasted four weeks (birth control issue). During that period, shortly after being treated for the UTI, I was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis. Then the doctor called back and told me I had chlamydia. I treated all the infections and the symptoms went away. THEN the clitoris problems started. I don't know if any of these vaginal symptoms were related to the clitoris problem.
I have had general pain and irritation in the clitoris as well as the white spots for a couple years. The swelling clitoris and clitoral hood and inner labia has only been going on for about five days.
I have had several UTIs. At least one a year since I was a kid (about 16 years). I have polycystic ovarian syndrome so I have frequent ovarian cysts. I had a recent bout of bacterial vaginosis.
Again, the symptoms are pain, swelling and sensitivity of clitoris, clitoral hood and inner labia (mostly on right side).
I've been reading the forum as i stress over what the heck is going on with me. I had really be itching and swelling all over my vagina about 4 weeks ago and i went to the doctor who took some swabs and a pap and prescribed some ceam to clear up any potential yest infection and bacterial vaginosis. A week went by and I felt great, then I got my period and 2 days in it came back just soreness this time. As soon as i was done i went back to the doctor who told me that my pap was clear and my vagina, despite my feelings of swelling is completely healthy looking. Now a week has gne by since that vist and my clitoris is still swollen. My glands all over my body are swollen and i'm get a runny nose and a sore throat. I'm reluctant to go back to the doctor in fear that he'll tell me the same thing and send me home.
What do you think?
Hi.. I went to my doctor all ready to check if i had any infections or stds. She said in three days if I do have something she will call. She hasnt and It came out negative. I am just wondering how come the outer layer of my vagina hurts when I rubb it because its a little itchy or hurts when I wipe it! This has being going on for a half a year now. And when I am done having sex it feels like Im allergic to his seeman! I am so lost and I dont think I can have sex anymore! It hurts way to much to risk it. please give me some answers or help!
I have very similar symptoms. It started with a sore, red and sensitive clit.  Later my labia swelled up and had red and white blotches all over it.  It is very painful, it is itchy and it burns.  I was recently diagnosed with Genital Herpes and have had overlapping outbreaks.  My initial outbreak didn't look anything like this but I think this is from the Herpes.  I suspect that maybe I have an outbreak happening inside my vagina... unfortunately it's not an easy place to check.  I started getting white discharge and early on I was having the same white blotches that would wash away, but I've also had white discoloured spots on the skin from the beginning.
I have the same issue and it has been ongoing for the last 12-15 months on again/off again - NEVER ENDING. No doctor (including 5 now; 2 kaiser, 1 specialist, and 2 clinic Dr's) has been able to diagnose or give me any ease from the pain. I have been given a number of creams (same as you listed above) and just finished a set of flagyl. I am no better, if not, worse. I am in my late 20's and I'm very concerned about what this could be. Forget having sex - can I just wear underwear without it hurting??? I've been tested for every STD in the book and I'm negative also, although I did get HPV when I was in my early 20's I have been told this is unrelated. Did you ever find out the diagnosis of this issue? I'm hoping you still look at this website to help others with this horrible experience. Thanks for anything you can advise. I see the Dr. again tomorrow morning...
yes i have the same thing but it is wieird cuz i am 13 turning 14 in 3months. i have not had sex yet but i have msterbated befor.usualy when i git  dont that is when  i feel the itchy fealing down there. like the white things i have thoese too and i started to git wierded out but i dont want to tell my mom. but i dont know if it is normal but if it continues i will be sure to notify a docter
Ok, I too have this problem! The swollen labia, build up on smegma on the skin and the cuts. I have visited the doctor and the test results all came back negative. It's so frustrating not knowing how I can fix this. A week ago I was put onto anti-biotics, but this isnt the first time I have had these symptons.  Does anyone know exactly if it's a bladder infection, yeast infection or skin infection? And can anyone reccommend any meds to help clear it up?

Hii I'm having a problem my vagina is always swelling I'm having a discharge and its looking like cotish cheese my clit is huge and red can someone help me out
I have the same thing. It's very irritating and I finally had enough of the feeling to google it. My symptoms usually start one week before my period comes. It feel like a yeast infection w/o the cottage cheese in the vagina.It's irritating and makes me feel miserable. I begin to itch(my external skin) cortizone reliefs that. Then my clitoris will itch and drive me crazy until I feel like pulling it out of my body. Then shortly after that (a day) I will get the bright, white clump near my hood that gets thick if I don't take the probiotic. This is the 3rd month in a row, I'm 36yrs. old it might be a dip in my hormones but it goes away after my monthly starts. I had it about three times last year and thought I was getting a yeast infection. The yeast infection medicine doesn't cure the problem it just coats it.

Things that help me:
- Probiotic or acidophilus 1 every 6 hours
-Q-tip swab of vaseline around my clitoris in my vagina
-a tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar with three drops of water.

Things that don't help:
-Peroxide ( whoever recommended that was crazy.I just tried it and it made me feel uncomfortable & hot down there.)

Good Luck to you all!!!
I too have had a swollen clitoris hood for the last 7-8 months. I have crohn's disease and the vaginal ulcers that sometimes goes with the disease. I was stressed recently after my Dad died in April and the last four years prior to his passing. So, I had a crohn's flare. The clitoris hood swelling has been getting better and then getting worse off and on, finally really swelled up the last few days, even though I think the crohns' flare is passing. I am so glad I found this forum and saw your post. I did the warm saline sitz bath and I when I looked in the mirror afterwards, pus was coming out from clitoris. Sure enough, blood and pus came out, like from a boil. Yikes! I put neosporin on it after it drained. How weird! Thank-you for posting, all of you. I had been to the doctor twice and she had no answers for me, other than she thought I was maybe the queen of autoimmune disease and that it wasn't contagious nor VD.
Did you ever get a diagnosis?  Any relief?  
I had had a yeast infection for about four months and it wasn't getting better after many doctors appoinments, pills and creams. Then the doctors said my yeast infection turned into Dermatitis. Which is a scratch Itch cycle. I've suffered with an erritated crotch for over 6 months now and I totally feel your pain.  
I think we all have pinworms infestation of the vagina let me tell you those white things are the parasite not sure what one but also I had them on my nipples years ago Dr. told me it was nothing. Ok 30 years later they are full of parasites throughout my whole body as they multiply so rapidly. Then they say if the anus is not available for the female to lay her eggs she goes to the vagina and I really know this for a fact. I have been fighting a serious infestation for the past 7 months Dr's they will not listen when you tell them hey I know my frigen body and this ain't normal so they send you to a specialist and thats all they know anyway I found lysol wipees work great especially on the feet and where ever they might have attacked you as each person is different.I am disgusted with Dr's anymore thank God he showed me and led me to look into my own health I say it was a miracle! Hope that can help someone or yourself have agreat day if thats possible  s
It is sad to see that so many women are suffering from this trouble (although a lil relieving too).My symptoms look somewhat similar to what has already been discussed here. I also got cut on my clitoris. However after medication of 21 days, the symptoms improved. My medication is over but my discomfort is there. Sometyms the pain in clitoris begins and my inner labia gets swollen up.Besides the pain, the swelling is what irritates me the most. It haunts me that the infection and the pain will be back ...I am going to see my doc soon for reg. check up.  
I had that same excat problem discharge white spots on clit....itchy round uretha i started put hydrogen peroixde by using a q tip and it started to clear up white spot start to make a sizzle noise and i went to the doctor and it ws yeast and they gave me some medicne plus ova the counter i started to put the tablet you stick up in the vagina i cut it open in put it one the white spots it went away
Boy, I'm absolutely exhausted after reading every single post.  We all seem to be experiencing the same symptoms.

I am turning 46 in Feb.  I was abused sexually when a young child and have had issues my whole life due to such.  I have Endometriosis, Poly Cystic Ovaries, Fibralmialgia, Neurotony, Type I Diabetes and due to new symptoms had just been diagnosed with Herpes (tho I have no indications where I would have contracted that as abstained for 7 years b/4 dating my husband for 3 years- so I do not believe this to be true), I also have a Marina IUD that is overdue for removal. I also have had many laporscopy's (shaving uterine wall & cervic of cysts with a hot wire - not fun)  I have not been to GYN for 3 years as had no insurance, but am making appt tomorrow.

For approx (since b/4 the herpes disgnosis) 3 yrs, I have been experiencing similar symptoms.  I have/had never had any kind of infection as I have grown up with either having no mensus, constant spotting or the extreme (w/ clotting and gushing) mensus (needless to say I spent only 50% of my time in class during high school).

Symptoms have worsened since the beginning.  Like I said b/4, I thought I might have a yeast infection due to discharge and itching.  But NOT,-  I have both swollen labias, clitoris, a discharge (babywipes), labia and clitoris bleeding, slighlty/occassionaly pinkish discharge (most likely due to labia walls seeping), severe itching, pain, discomfort at all times, I occasionaly have what I call a sharp twing pain on my right side (groin area) when I get up too fast (this has been happening since the birth of my son 23 years ago and my GYN and I just chalked this up to be associated to a 52 stich apesiotomy), but just last night experienced this on my left side for the first time ever. Since I am highly alergic I have addressed/tried to- several issues ((toilet paper, laundry soap, bath soap, lotions, condoms, fabrics, diet (diet control diabetic)smoking, alcohol) to no avail.

I believe there is something we are missing.  I have an idea for those of you who want to pursue this.  My son had been diagnosed with a rare brain tumor at the age of 4.  We were lucky enough to get him into a study.  I had no idea this study was wordlwide.  I talked to 13 specialists from all around the world.  Thay all spent 4 hours with me on the phone and all asked the exact same questions.  All data was entered into a "BRAIN MASTER COMPUTER".  This computer took all info and spit out the best possible course of treatment for my son which I can really say from my heart saved my son's life.  I propose, when the originator of this forum completes the website, that we all answer a questionaire (it will be long and extensive) covering all aspects of our lives.  Because in my gut, I know there is something that connects us all.

Please keep posting & please try to have a wonderful rest of your day.
Blessings, Peace, Love & Light.
This Story is IDENTICAL to mine ! Its too identical I would say lol. I have a very sensitive bladder and in the past 2 years have gotten 8-9 bladder infections. I find that my clitoris is extremely sensitive and I dont like being touched at all. I find this only happens once in a blue moon but i would doubt the fact that it clitoris pain is inter connected with bladder infections.
Ok so I'm 17 and I have been having some odd symptoms, and this was the first site to come up on my google search. I have been sexually active for over a year and a half. This past October I visited my Gynecologist because I was having symptoms of a disorder and she diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis. After the 7-day treatment, it was cleared up. During this same visit, she said she would take samples and test me for and STIs, because I have had multiple partners. She said if she found something, she would call me. I never received a call and I do not have an STI. But after having sex with my boyfriend two nights ago, I started having my current symptoms. I usually am a bit swollen the next morning after intercourse, but I believe this is normal for me because i have always been this way. But over the course of the day, my clitoris became extremely sensitive and my labia became even more swollen than usual. By the end of the evening, there was itchiness and redness, which is still occuring now. About two weeks ago I cleared up a yeast infection, so I am not sure if this may be associated, that maybe the yeast infection wasnt all the way cleared and intercourse caused it to flare again. But I really would appreciate any feedback anyone could offer me. I think I will wait the symptoms out a few days (i have begun yeast infection treatment this morning) and see what happens. If nothing changes I will be scheduling an appointment with my gyno.

Sidenote*- We used KY Yours & Mine, which I have never used before. Maybe a reaction? I am on birth control and no condom, so I know it was not a reaction to latex. Obviously, dryness was not an issue.

Thanks!
I am exhaused and totally depressed.
I was HOPING that their would be a definitive answer / solution / diagnosis / treatment...Just unfortunately, a number of women who are suffering from the same thing I am.  I had this almost 20 years ago..and seemed to come on all of a sudden.  Sex became excruciating (although, i have not ready any of posts mentioning that), anything that touched the clitoris sent me into orbit, extreme burning and inflammation on the interior of the lips, hurt to walk, sit, clean the area, ride a bike or my horse was out of the question.  I was told it was psychological, given cremes, anti-fungal, and a no tests came back positive for anything.  I tried yeast diets, alternative theapies, nothing helped.  It ruined my relationship with my boyfriend at the time and i contemplated suicide.  After 6 years of NO relief, i found an allergist who also treated people with Candida sensitivities by giving them allergy shots for Candida, i had some improvement but nothing major for 2 years of his treatments as well as trying to maintain a yeast free diet which i was not able to do 100% of the time and take Nystatin at the same time....this was in 1996.

In 1998, i was diagnosed with clinical depression and put on anti-depressants..and went through several different ones before finding one that seemed to not have any negative "side effects"...Oh...I also was hypothyroid and had been to a variety of thyroid/endocrinologists...anyways...1999.......all my vaginal  / clitoral problems "disappeared"....never had a definitive answer from the medical community.

Now....all of a sudden 13 years later...all of a sudden it's back...I have had my share of health issues: Breast Cancer in 2003, constant thyroid issues, chemical sensitivities, 2005 i had tons of problems with insomnia, memory, fatigue, muscle weakness, and after going to tons of doctors again....i was told i had Fibromyalgia...put on sleeping pills of all sorts, lyrica, still anti-depressants, do i believe it...I'm not sure maybe I do maybe I don't...but still no pain or problems down below......this past spring...i was tired of taking al these pills and slowly came off all of them...besides....i  had been feeling pretty good...........well later this summer...I had lots of medical problems again....ovarian cyst that ruptured, kidney stone, dental work needed: root canals, a couple of bacterial vaginosis episodes and i had to go on anti-biotics a few times this year, anesthesia, the fibromyalgia seems to have flared up with fatigue, muscle aches, insomnia again....and two weeks ago, I started having all my old vaginal / clitoral pain again. All i can say is I don't want to through years of pain and suffering with this again and one dr. after the other...but it looks like it is that way.......
Hi !

I have a sensible clitoris just now. I feel excitation all the time. It is really uncomfortable. Do you know any creams or quick treatment  pelase help me ? . My husband and i had sex and happened after it .

Camo
If you have 3-5 orgasms BEFORE any penetrative sex, it will properly close the urethra fully so you cannot get a UTI. Also, if you have at least 3 full orgasms prior to sexual intercourse, you will be adequately lubricated not only within the vaginal canal, but also in the external surrounding area. This is very important to prevent lesions and tiny tears that occur often in women who do not orgasm before sex. Also, if you are not turned on yet, use lube or oral sex to stimulate the clitoris with minimal friction. All of these preventative measures will help reduce the irritation that is occurring in your inner labia and clitoris.
Wow! If you are a woman that can have that many orgasms before penetration or during one session kudos to you! It is quite difficult for me to orgasm though and I am extremely sensitive. Instead, because I am so sensitive, both my husband and I rinse off before and after and I always urinate after sex. For lubrication, I actually use olive oil or vegetable oil. It is more natural than other lubricants and was recommended by an OBGYN. I do not get any kind of irritation from olive oil. I have suffered from BV a few times and one of my symptoms is swelling of the inner labias. This is due to the inflammatory response from irritation from rubbing or scratching not actually from the overgrowth itself. However, I recommend allowing your body to fight off BV on its own unless you have severe symptoms like smell or abdominal pain because the antibiotics used to treat it are extremely harsh on your body and eventually the bacteria will become resistant. Every time you kill the bacteria, you kill everything and the bad grow a lot faster than the good. Additionally, constant antibiotic use will mess with your gastrointestinal system too.

I have had great success with the product Rephresh because it balances out your vaginal pH and helps prevent an overgrowth of the anaerobic bacterium Gardnerella. It also is not like a liquid douche, so it will not shoot the infection further up into your reproductive tract. BTW, there seems to be a lot of confusion on this; bacterial vaginosis is not sexually transmitted, it is merely your vagina's pH getting out of wack, therefore allowing the already present bacteria to grow in greater numbers. Sperm is basic and your vagina is slightly acidic so sperm can throw off that balance when you’re exposed too much to it. If you balance out your pH and maintain it, then the normal biota in your vagina will eventually return to normal and help prevent overgrowth. On the other hand, yeast can sometimes be pretty stubborn but it too can become resistant so watch out with over use of drugs. Good luck and don’t fret, some extra measures may need to be taken for those of you that are really sensitive like me, but in the long run you (and your husband) will be happier when you are able to prevent problems like this. All of this information I have learned from my own experiences, research and I am a health sciences major. Good luck!
HI ADyer,
In my experience, the antibiotics used for BV will sometimes cause a yeast infection. Do you allow your boyfriend to ejaculate inside of you? If so, then his sperm is probably throwing off your pH. When the pH is thrown off and in combination with vigorous rubbing, the bacteria that cause BV (Gardnerella) that is already present in your vagina will over grow. Or if you do not allow him to do that, your vagina may be a little sensitive after a period because blood also has a slightly different pH level and can throw off your balance making you susceptible to overgrowth or changes in the vagina. Also, E. coli from the anal region can also cause an imbalance if it is introduced into the vagina, sometimes wearing thongs a lot or tight clothes can contribute to this.

Once you clear up the yeast infection, look into methods for maintaining the balance of your vaginal pH. I personally use Rephresh. Do not douche though because if you do have an overgrowth of bacteria, you do not want to introduce it higher into your reproductive tract. Infection in your upper reproductive tract is called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and it can be detrimental to future fertility. Usually PID is caused by sexually transmitted diseases though such as Gonorrhea or Chlamydia that goes undetected. So as long as you take proper precautions and are tested than you should be fine. Try to avoid getting in a vicious cycle of antibiotic after antibiotic use for BV and yeast infections, it can really mess with your system and the infectious pathogens can become resistant requiring higher and longer doses.
I too suffer with itching which leads to swollen labia. Then this leads to burning when urinating and it is a vicious circle.  Then there are times that the clitoris is red and inflamed and I have masterbated and gotten some relief at times.  I had breast cancer in 2001 and was on Tamoxifin for several years and was told that this medicine has attributed to my Vulvitis and vaginal atrophy. I went to an OBGYN Oncologist and she prescribed a low dose topical hormone creme that is inserted into the vaginal area.  Since my breast cancer was hormone fed I am unable to take any female hormones and this low dose topical has not given me any relief.  I am desperate for some help as there are times that it is almost unbearable.  I've been married 42 years and there has been no intimacy for over 3 years due to the pain involved.  I have a wonderful husband that understands but it is disappointing to be a wife that cannot fulfill one of the most wonderful aspects in her marriage. I hope that there are a lot of women with this problem that will post a comment.  If that is what it takes to get doctors to realize what a huge problem this can be in ones life maybe there will be more research done and hopefully a cure. Meanwhile I continue to pray that God will heal me.  Thank you for sharing your comments as they helped me drop my inhibitions and share my story too.
Hello, everyone. I'm sorry to see that so many of us are suffering, but relieved that we are here to support one another!
Now, I have been a vegan for seven years, and I tend to stay quite healthy. Stress, however, is my and everyone else's main enemy! I recently went through a very stressful financial crisis, and my diet became toxic during that period. I was eating far too much sugar, carbs, and was drinking massive amounts of coffee. I used to have these things in moderation, but this was total overload. Then, after about a week of stress and poor eating habits, I was feeling depressed, lethargic, and had low self-esteem. Do not underestimate the dangerous powers of SUGAR and STIMULANTS. They can override your system, your mind!
Not only was I feeling terrible emotionally, but I began to notice my inner labia seemed to be protruding more than usual, and were itchy. I thought it was just because I had recently trimmed my pubic hairs to be as short as possible. I hadn't had them trimmed for a while, so I had forgotten what things usually look like down there! The itch was there for maybe a day or two, and then I had sex. My partner and I got caught up and didn't take our clothes off completely, hah.. He had pushed my panties over to the side while we were having sex. I didn't notice it being uncomfortable at the time, but the next day was awful. My inner labia were not only dry and itchy, but chafing! This has never happened to me before, and I was instantly worries about STDs, UTIs, etc, which I have never had before. I'm a firm believer in natural medicine, and have never taken medication besides amoxicillin for ear infections when I was a child.
Here's to the cure: coconut products truly cure more ailments than any other product out there. Read the book "Coconut Cures" by Bruce Fife. I use coconut oil for a sunscreen, cooking oil, on toast, on wounds (literally heals wounds and burns overnight). It's also antimicrobial and antibacterial. So I thought, if you can eat it, it moisturizes your skin, and kills microbes and bacteria, then it should help with dryness AND an infection, if present. Last night, I drank two huge cans of coconut water, and this morning I put coconut oil all over my outer and inner labia. I also decided that I needed some probiotics, but wanted to stay away from soy (which has oxalates; I did research on vestibulitis diets and found that many foods I had been bingeing on, but was not used to consuming, were high-acidity foods containing oxalates- no bueno!) so I turned to kombucha. This morning, I have only had tea and kombucha so far, and I feel satisfied, so I'm going to try to cleanse, intake a lot of fluids, and only eat when truly hungry, so that all of my energy goes to healing my body.
I haven't experienced ANY itching since I put on the coconut oil and began drinking kombucha this morning. I highly recommend that you at least try the coconut oil, coconut water, and kombucha. Make sure that these products have no added sugars, are completely organic is possible, and especially make sure that the coconut oil is extra virgin and unrefined. I'm also considering soaking a cloth pad with coconut water to soothe my labia. It might sound weird, but coconut is really soothing. I'll update if I have any other tips, or my condition doesn't go away.
I should also note that I'm quite positive that I don't have a UTI, since it doesn't burn when I pee. I believe it's just a skin irritation, due to friction and a highly acidic diet. I have never been able to tolerate citrus, and my father is even highly allergic to tomatoes, coffee, beer, etc.
Sorry for the length of this post, let me know if the coconut oil helps. It may be a bit tingly at first; I believe this is just the feeling of those microbes getting beaten up! :)    
Okay, so, I've been applying coconut oil, which has completely stopped the dryness and chafing, but not all of the itchiness. I had an exam yesterday, and oh the look on the OBGYN's face when I told him I was using coconut oil. "Is that what that's for?" he asked. Heh. Anyway, he didn't detect any dryness, and could not, with his own eyes, see any yeast or bacteria inside my vagina. He took a swab and checked under a microscope and still didn't see anything. Although he told me that he doesn't always see everything on his own, he and the nurse acted and spoke to me as if they were quite sure my tests would come back negative. He also told me I could continue to use coconut oil as much as I wanted. Relieved, I slept soundly.
And awoke to the lab calling me with test results- a bad sign. Turns out I have BV, as I had predicted. I think that the above comment about menstruation changing pH levels makes a lot of sense- I noticed the fishy odor the very morning after having sex with my partner, and I was on my period. I think it's a combination of his sperm and being on my period. Now I have to use some scary creme to cure (at least temporarily?) my BV. I'm going to research some alternative medicines, but I will still use the creme, just to be safe. Sigh. The stories in this forum are truly saddening. Healing thoughts to you all!
just the past few days it has been swollen and slightly red around my cliortis with occassional itching and soreness when wharing tight or close fitting clothes. this isnt the first time...its reaccuring... idk what it is and i also tested negative for everything. I have eczma and this irritates it and causes a slight rash on the inner lips of my vagina. It ***** and is painful.
I have just developed the same symptoms. The weirdest part for me was the super sensitive white "spots" just under my clit's hood/edge of the hood. Clitoris is definitely sensitive and swollen and when I wipe after going to the bathroom my whole labia feel very raw and irritated, but this quickly subsides. I too had a really bad yeast infection that persisted for a few weeks but went away, or so I thought. A week later my clitoris started to itch, I was worried about an STD but my OBGY said I look completely healthy down there and just have me more antifungal medicine. She recommended an antifungal cream for the clitoris discomfort and it has helped alot/no more itching. But now my clitoris just feels swollen and achy all the time. I inspected myself this morning to find what looks like a super tiny white spot that's extremely sensitive/almost painful to touch. So confused! Please contact me if you find out what's going on! ***@****
I don't know if this helps, but I have been having the same issues. I am using the summer's eve sensitive to clean and it seems to help with some of the pain and the swelling. We are at a loss as well, however, I found it interesting that you had a sensitive bladder. I have interstitial cystitis, a bladder condidtion, and maybe the two are linked?
ITS THE TOILET PAPER !
EVEN THE BEST LIKE UNSCENTED CHARMIN HAS INCREASING
AMOUNTS OF UNDETECTABLE CHEMICALS ON IT.
ITS THE TOILET PAPER !
And of course use only natural soaps like avalon organic, all natural laundry products like biokleen , 100% cotton underwear, ETC!
Chlorella and lactoferrin absorb all the pollutions we are affected by
pls let me know the treatment for ur problem if it has cured
My symptoms, just like the others here, started a few days ago.  At first I thought I irritated things when I used this new shaving oil, however, the swelling, tenderness, itchiness and white stuff showed up yesterday.  So stayed up half the nite researching and found this site...thank goodness...but sounds like there is no easy fix.  Using mupirocin ointment on it now just to soothe it, but, not getting better.  I don't wear underwear...gave it up at retirement...lol.  I am 63 and still very active sexually, but, have not had sex since end of December so don't think this is related.  This has never happened to me before.  But, just did finish a round of antibiotics for a sinus infection.  I may have one yeast infection in my life, but, don't think this is it either.
OMG!  My clitoral pain started after a course of antibiotics for a sinus infection also!  I went ahead and used Monistat 3-day treatment after the 10 days of antibiotics as I can usually expect a yeast infection.  Then, 20 days ago I got this clitoral pain that was excruciating.  I no longer can wear underwear or pants, just a loose shift-like dress.  I am 58 and had a hysterectomy 7 years ago and a bladder sling 10 years ago.  I sometimes feel like I am having a constant orgasm without the enjoyment part.  It doesn't bother me at night though.  I am now bedridden and have an ice pack between my legs for relief during the day.  I cannot sit and walking irritates it.  I went to my PCP and she said maybe yeast infection (even though I had used Monistat.  3 pills and four days later, I could not stand the pain and went to a OB-GYN who got me in to see her the same day I called.  Oops I forgot to mention that my PCP prescribed 5% lidocaine for the pain and it didn't work.  Anyway, at the OB-GYN clinic the doctor said to be patient and it will go away.  Whatever "it"is.  I started crying because I couldn't stand the pain and no one was helping me.  She just turned and walked out the door.  Over that weekend I went to the NVA.org site (National Vulvodynia Association) and joined this Association after reading all this info on their site.  If you don't have a lot of money, they will still let you join for $15 instead of $45.  Believe me, it was worth it.  I got a list of OBGYNs that know about vulvar and clitoral pain.  One of the Drs. was in my area and that Monday morning I called at 8 am and was able to see her that same day.  I finally found someone who knew about what I was going through.  She scheduled an MRI and I had it this past Thursday and I am just waiting for the results.  I just need help with this pain.  I don't want to be in bed all the time with ice between my legs!  But, I do feel as though I am on my way to an answer.  I will keep you informed if you like.  We are close in age and we both got this after antibiotics for a sinus infection.  May I ask which antibiotics you took?  Anyway my main symptoms are a throbbing pain in my clitoris and pain in my vulva also.  Maybe it has to do with nerve endings.  I hope to hear back from you if you feel like it.

Hi did you find anything out about from the MRI. I have the same symptoms as you and am wondering if I should have one scheduled. Thank you!
I had this many yrs ago, started 4 days before I got married. Sex was nearly impossible for months, I was an emotional wreck and in so much physical pain. I saw many many Drs. with multiple miss diagonsis. Finally got a treatment that worked and it saved my life and my marriage. This Dr. had me soak in a pan of warm water with about a cup of vinager added twice a day. Now the vaginal skin went thru lots of changes with these soaks the first few days. Skin swelled more, then edges of labia got really hard to touch. It also burned alot the 1st few min of soaking. But I began to see a change in about 3 days. The white crud around the clitoris was gone my skin was slowly going back to a normal pink and the pain was improving and normal sensation was coming back. I also used a cream called aci jel, not availiable anymore, but can use relaguard. One applicator full in vagina at bedtime for a week. It took a couple of weeks to go completely away. Now I use a vinager and water douche 2 times a week and it has been 16 years. About every 5 years I have a flare up and I go back to the soaks and cream. Now that I know what to look for it clears alot faster. I urge you all to try this, I was out of my mind when this happened to me. No one could help, my new husband couldn't understand so this really saved me.
Hi, I am only 16 and idk I have had problems down there ever since I hit puberty at about twelve there was always an excess of bacteria and white discharge that smelled disgusting I hated it my underwear was always a mess, I use pads and try and keep it clean and moisturized but it only seems to make it hurt more, my clitoris hurts and my inner and outer labia are swollen and red I have examined it closely and sometimes find there is some white discharge acumulating around my clitoris and I just clean that off but idk its getting really bad for me I dont want to go to school or get up because everytime I move it hurts like hell it's really embarrassing and I have yet to see a doctor about it cuz I am extremely self conscious about anybody looking down there do to childhood sexual abuse trauma, i will likely go see someone anyways cuz its getting far to out of hand. I am sexually active or was at one point I guess this never seemed to make a difference i dont see any spots or cuts or anything that could be causing this irritation, I have also had a urinary tract infection recently they put me on antibiotics but it never seemed to make any difference.. :( i would appreciate any advice
Seems like very resistant yeast infection to me? Take acidophilus pills every day, use ministat cream for at least 7 days & take prescription Diflucan pill.
Monster
External User
Google Genital Lichen Planus.  It has all the symptoms that have been described here.  Even the white lacy webbing that some people have described. It is an autoimmune disorder. Most Gynecologists seem to overlook it! If not treated, it will just get worse over time to the point that intercourse is impossible. Google it and see. Hope this helps.
Hi   I have had a similar situation.....  and truthfully its driving me crazy.  I also have had the cultures  etc and nothing...  I first had this sensation which started with a horrible clitoral  sensation that I felt horny constantly and also vaginal horniness....   I thought it could be yeast but nothing     I went to a urologist and he thought interstitial  cystitis.    I was scheduled for tests but right before it went away.     it comes and goes chronically now.   there is no rhyme or reason for it.   at first I thought I had herpes but was cultured and nothing.  i don't know where to go from here .   i watch weary tight clothing.  i also wear cotton underwear now.   nothing with a ribbed crotch.    i drink a lot of water and watch the coffee.    i feel your pain for sure.   i asked my doc for something to numb the area   she wrote a script for lotrimin  script strength     i haven't picked it up yet       i don't want to even start dating because of this mess.   im older post menopause.  started about 2 years ago.....  on and off
Hey! Did u find a cure? I am going through the same and dont know what to tell the doctor. They dont understabd me.
i am exibiting symptoms of swolen clitoris, yellowish discharge that seems to be coming from my clitoris, burning when i urinate... my symptoms started a week ago and it started while being intimate with my husband... i work in a call center so im siting 7.5 hrs a day and the whole time im having itching and burning. i dont know what to do i am at the end of my rope... sombody help me please
I see that the dates on here goo way back, but i figured id give information that i have found out. Anyone can look up priapism, it is rare with females less then a hand full of studies. I had all the symptoms swelling of the clitoris, itching, to the point it hurt to walk. Went to thd ER and met a great doctor who was talking to me about priapism. It can be caused by medications. Hope this might help some look into it see if it sounds like your symtoms then speak to your obgyn. It helped me if more females knew about this then maybe we can get some more studies for women.
I have been having issues with my clit and vaginal area for a week and a half now. I think it started with a yeast infection in my vaginal area. I had to treat it twice in one week with monistat 1 day treatment to finally get rid of it (anyway, the vaginal itching went away). The clitoris is still itching and throbbing, my labia feels swollen. I just started my cycle tonight and have never had problems with my clitoris before. I have PCOS also, but that is hopefully not related. Every time my clit comes into contact with my poise pad (I also have stress incontinence), urine stream or even the blood from my cycle, it just sets it off. It is driving my insane! I tried monistat cream yesterday morning, thinking it was just left over yeast infection. OMG! I thought my clit was going to burn off!! I washed that off and used some Vaseline. It helps somewhat. I have also been using cortisone 10 max sometimes. And sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I was scheduled to see my NP on Monday, but just started my cycle so I am not going until cycle is done. I have been reading everyone's blogs here, and I am so glad that I am not alone with this problem.
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention...not sexually active since I was 27 years old. I am now 50 years old, so definitely not related to sexual activity level....
First, I would quit using the baby wipes, and maybe get some adult vaginal wipes, or just clean with a warm wet wash cloth... as the wipes will irritate it more. I learned that for myself. As for your symptoms, doesn't seem too out of hand to figure out. Check into probiotics, u can also use apple cider vinegar to ease and help with the symptoms. Google it, there are a lot of things naturally u can do. I'm suffering with similar symptoms, not all but most of what u are dealing with and it sounds like you may have a candida over growth, sometimes a doctor cant find it. Because it also lives in our gut, its hard to detect. Probiotics should help regulate the bacteria in your gut and vagina. Again, google probiotics & apple cider vinegar.. Oh and google candida overgrowth in intestines. I hope this helps :) Good luck!
Calling all ladies. I am going through these symptoms too. Sensitivity and irritation in clitoral hood and pins and needle sensation in groin. It comes and goes now after almost a year. But when it started i had constant throbbing in clitoral hood tht almost felt like i was constantly aroused and about to hv an orgasm. Couldnt sit with my legs closed at all.
Long story short, now my specialist says i have candida glabrata fungus. I have tried boric acid thrice but it doesnot clear up. Just goes down to light growth. Its been a year and i hvnt felt normal on even a single day. Has someone found anything tht helps? Plz plz plz respond