Cluster of Red Bumps "Inside" vagina

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Cluster of Red Bumps "Inside" vagina

I am 42 years old and both my papsmears (had one done 6 months ago and then a recheck a month ago) came back abnormal.  HPV was fine both times.  I have a cluster of red bumps "inside" my vagina and they don't really bother me other then at times it feels a bit irritated in the area. I have to have a colposcapy (sp?) done soon.  Any idea what the cluster of red bumps could be? No puss from what I have seem just red bumps?  I also have NEVER worn tampons until last summer I went to the lake (man-made from what they call it-which a few friend do not go as they say it's bacteria filled-this was after I had already been) and used tampons a few times and this is about when these problems started with the abnormal paps.
Where are the red bumps located?  Are they on your cervix.  If they are it could be a cervical ectropian or eversion which is basically the cells that should be inside your cervix have migrated out.  Normally not an issue.  And just one of those things that happen.  Often after pregnancy and delivery.

The fact that your pap smears have come back abnormal suggests that there's some sort of hyperplasia and it's probably not going to be a problem.  If it's a low grade change, these often revert back on their own.  Or you will be offered a treatment that burns the changed cells away.  Cervical cancer is a very slow growing cancer.  If they've caught it early you'll probably be fine.
Thanks for the reply.  My kids are 12 and 6 so it wouldn't be pregnancy.  I have asked so many friends and none have heard of this. The red bumps are located inside the opening at the botton close to the anus area but inside.  I also noticed if I have diahrrea some gets in that area and feels a bit irritated.  It is also a bit uncomfortable when sitting for a period of time.  The bumps were there when my female dr. (internal medicine) did my paps and according to her she said it looked fine inside there just a bit dry but I would need to see a gynocologist which I will be doing this week.  I'm just so nerveous.  
senseanonymous  commented on SOY
28 mins ago
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
43 mins ago
gymdandee commented on SOY
1 hr ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals