Colon cleansing

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Colon cleansing

I have another question about colon cleansing. I have been doing the Dr. Natura colon cleanse for 2 months now. I am finally going to the bathroom daily and I have eliminated tons of weird looking stuff. I don't seem to feel any different though, like promised. Has anyone else done a colon cleanse before?
I did one of those as well. They recommend that you do them every six months. It is normal to be getting rid of lots of stuff, as you say. It is very important that you stay away from anything white, as in, sugar, white rice, anything junk food. no alcohol and only one cup of coffee a day. otherwise your cleanse does not work as well and bowel movements can be painful.
you may not feel any results, but you know that by passing all that stuff, it is working, and it is very good for you!!
I suffer from stomache ulcers and I found this alleviated them very much, but otherwise, no, you dont feel them working,
I don't drink alcohol or coffee, but I do love the sugar! Thanks for responding.
Sorry for being so blunt, but honestly the whole concept of colon cleansing is utter nonsense. You don't feel any different because nothing is different. Think about it - do you feel different *any* time you have a bowel movement?

And a colon cleansing certainly wouldn't get rid of ulcers. Most ulcers are caused by h. pylori (a bacteria that lives in the lining of your stomach). Treatment involves a couple of weeks of antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor, like Aciphex or Prilosec.
well I found the colon cleanse alleviated the symptoms greatly.
I think your response is complete nonsense. if you think this is useless why would you try to discredit the rest of us who actually think it's beneficial!??
I have done the Dr. Nutra, i loved it.  i felt so much better while i was on it.  I had pains and everything but still could not go.  I had a hard time and that helped so much.  Sometimes i would go weeks without going and i knew that that wasnt healthy. I have since stopped, but i am going to start again.  If you are not satisfied, you can always return it i guess.
I think that they can be bennificial. Just remember that they found 40 pounds of feces in Elvis' intestenses after he died!!

I do not agree with the that they are nonsense. I have gone from going once a week due to IBS to going daily, sometimes 3 or 4 times. My stomach is proof that it is beneficial--flatter and less pain and bloating.
I too have done the colonix program by drnatura and have been using it for 8 years now. It is a great program and has helped me with a lot of my medical problems. I am healthier and happier thanks to drnatura and colonix.
Shannon79, Belle313, and gloryrose commented on Belle313's status
LandM2009, and Belle313 commented on LandM2009's status
Belle313 commented on Shannon79's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals