Color change in armpit.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Color change in armpit.

I have an area about 3 inches long and 1 inch wide that has turned greyish almost black. It has been there for about 2 months. I'm not sure if I should have a doctor look at it or if it's just discoloration. You can't feel it, and it hasn't changed since I noticed it. I'm a 31 year old female and fair complected. If anyone has had this problem before I would love to know if you found out what it was. Thank You
With any sudden skin change in color or texture, I would be heading to the doc just to be sure it wasn't skin cancer.
... Kind of adding to your post...
I notice that some women have greenish armpits.. My mom always told me its from shaving and getting old..
Is that true?
I've been terrified of having green armpits so I only shave when I have to (or wearing a tank top) ...(blush)