Colposcopy and Endometrial Biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Colposcopy and Endometrial Biopsy

I am 30 years old.  I have had two children.  About a month and a half ago, I went in for my annual exam (although it had been over three years since I had last been).  I have always had VERY HEAVY PERIODS that may last for 6 days.  Over the last year I have been experiencing severe cramping, which the only pain that I ever really had with my periods have been during ovulation.  Anyway, I was scheduled for an ultrasound, and in between waiting for my ultrasound, I was told I had high-risk HPV and had abnormal cells and was scheduled for a colposcopy.  After my ultrasound they called and said that I needed an Endometrial Biopsy for abnormal uterine lining.  I am terrified.  My biopsy is on Monday and my Colposcopy is on Friday.  The only thing I was told to do was take some ibuprofen.  I would welcome any suggestions or type of support.  All of this at one time is pretty scary.  Also, could the two problems be related in any way?  I have read things on the internet that have scared me, such as extreme pain during the endometrial biopsy.
I hope by now your endometrial biopsy is a thing of the past!  I'm searching for answers, myself.  I had an "EB" three years ago, preceding my last D and C.  I've had two children over 10 lbs. each and I swear, the pain from the EB was worse!  I just wasn't expecting it.  I wish my doctor had been forthcoming about the pain beforehand and suggested I pre-medicate.  I am not looking forward to another and that's why I'm doing some research, first.  I actually delayed my exam until I know more!  Now, I am not a "chicken" when it comes to things like this, but I will never forget my last experience.  I was screaming!!  Oh, how embarrassing, among other things.  Next time, I will be prepared.  Forewarned is forearmed!
I forgot to add that I am 69 years of age. ~0:-)