Colposcopy and Endometrial Biopsy
I am 30 years old.  I have had two children.  About a month and a half ago, I went in for my annual exam (although it had been over three years since I had last been).  I have always had VERY HEAVY PERIODS that may last for 6 days.  Over the last year I have been experiencing severe cramping, which the only pain that I ever really had with my periods have been during ovulation.  Anyway, I was scheduled for an ultrasound, and in between waiting for my ultrasound, I was told I had high-risk HPV and had abnormal cells and was scheduled for a colposcopy.  After my ultrasound they called and said that I needed an Endometrial Biopsy for abnormal uterine lining.  I am terrified.  My biopsy is on Monday and my Colposcopy is on Friday.  The only thing I was told to do was take some ibuprofen.  I would welcome any suggestions or type of support.  All of this at one time is pretty scary.  Also, could the two problems be related in any way?  I have read things on the internet that have scared me, such as extreme pain during the endometrial biopsy.
I hope by now your endometrial biopsy is a thing of the past!  I'm searching for answers, myself.  I had an "EB" three years ago, preceding my last D and C.  I've had two children over 10 lbs. each and I swear, the pain from the EB was worse!  I just wasn't expecting it.  I wish my doctor had been forthcoming about the pain beforehand and suggested I pre-medicate.  I am not looking forward to another and that's why I'm doing some research, first.  I actually delayed my exam until I know more!  Now, I am not a "chicken" when it comes to things like this, but I will never forget my last experience.  I was screaming!!  Oh, how embarrassing, among other things.  Next time, I will be prepared.  Forewarned is forearmed!
I forgot to add that I am 69 years of age. ~0:-)