Complex Cyst & Pelvic Fluid

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Complex Cyst & Pelvic Fluid

I called my doctor for an appt because I felt sort of like I may have a bladder infection, with no pain, if that makes sense.  Anyway, he scheduled me a sonogram that day.  He called with the results same day and advised I had "fluid in my pelvic region", a "pronounced uterus" (almost 10 something and I am a 5' 116lb female), and a "complex cyst" on my left ovary.   He advised that we could schedule surgery and take the ovary or wait four weeks and do the sonogram again to see if there are any changes.  Of course I opted for the four weeks.  Should I be worried?  I am...After searching the internet I can not find a connection between all three findings.  
I had an ivarian cyst on my right ovary.I opted to wait the month.Turns out that cyst disappered. Was the sonagram like the ones they put the gel on your stomach? Were you in any pain with the fluid.? If dr. says wait and see, I probably would not be that concerned........... I am suppose to have a D&C........I can tell you a little scared......Let me know if you find any connection to these finidings........
Hi.  Sorry you got that report.  It is scary.  The three symptoms are most likely related.  Unfortunately, your doctor won't be able to tell you what it is until they go in and look (surgery).  Did the doctor say how big your cyst was?

I had a cyst last year that was found on an MRI.  I had a vaginal ultrasound, waited 3 weeks for another one to see what the cyst had done.  It grew and surgery was scheduled.  I had my left ovary and the cyst removed.  Mine was an endometrioma.  99% of cysts are benign.  You have some fluid which may mean something.  

You may want to visit the ovarian cancer forum.  Not because you have cancer but because there are women on the site who have your symptoms and are worried and asking questions.  There are women who do have cancer on the forum, too, but nearly all have gone the route you are going.  It would be good for you to ask some questions there.  BUT... also ask your GYN all the same questions.  You may want to consult with a GYN oncologist b/c of your symptoms.  Only b/c they will have more training in they type of surgery you will be facing.

Good luck to you!
Thank you, both of you.  I am in no pain whatsoever.  In fact, I've had two bladder infections and didnt know it!  No pain at all.  I do have a very good gyno, I just havent gone to him with my concerns yet because I didnt want to sound like a hypochondriac.  I thought I would seek out others first to see if my fears were valid.  

I am a VERY healthy person.  I havent taken a sick day in over ten years.  I just have this feeling that something isnt right, which was why I called the doctor in the first place.

My gyno has not examined me yet for this.  He has only seen the sonogram results.  He said it was a complex cyst about 5 point something something, with stuff floating in it and an inner wall.  I realize that most simple and complex cysts are common and benign.  What worries me is the fluid and the enlarged uterus.  

I have another two weeks before my next sonogram, so I will check out the ovarian cancer forums in the meantime.  Thanks again for your responses :-)  
Hi, I'm glad you're going back for another ultrasound about this.  I am a little concerned that they aren't hurrying you b/c of the fluid found.  I  would think that they would order a CT for a better look.  Please, please don't let anyone make you feel like you are a hypocondriac!  It's your body and you know something isn't right which is confirmed by the ultrasound.  Call the GYN on Monday and ask to be seen that day.  Tell them how scared you are. Your fears ARE valid.  If you read through the posts on the OC site you will hear over and over again...Make the doctors PROVE to you that it isn't anything! Two more weeks to wait for a followup is too long to worry.

When my cyst was found the only pain I had was a backache.  You have bladder infections without symptoms?  That is a red flag to me.

I'm going to look for your post on the OC forum.
Good luck!
Lori  
Shannon79 commented on jugglin's status
19 mins ago
Des_a_rae, specialmom, and KTowne commented on KTowne's status
28 mins ago
Shannon79, and Des_a_rae commented on Belle313's status
1 hr ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals