Condom/ sperm question

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Condom/ sperm question

My questin may be a bit strange, but I was wondering if sperm can fit through a pin size hole in a condom even if the hole can't be seen when the condom is on or off. I know sperm is very small but is it that small?
Avatar n tn
Yes it is that small and some can squeeze through but not all.
Avatar n tn
hmmmm...a pinhole in a condom question kinda scares me.
Yikes.  I'm with you.
I would not advise poking a hole in a condom, because it would defeat the purpose of using the condom. It seems a little deceitful, too.
Avatar n tn
yeah if you are thinking about poking a hole in a condom please dont. a baby is a big decision and even if he isnt going to be there, it still will be life changing for him as well... and I dont think its smart to change his life decietfully. Plus you will have to live with that on your concious forever. Maybe it wont bother you now, but one day it will

not to mention that the maturity of that would be pretty low and you need to be pretty mature for a baby

If that wasnt your intention, then sorry... just ignore. The basic answer to your question is yes.. a sperm is a LOT smaller than a pin hole
HA! NO I
Avatar n tn
Anytime there is damage to a wrapper, you shouldn't use the condom.
Avatar n tn
okay...phew..good girl. ya just never know here on the forum.
Avatar n tn
yeah.. a big phew here too. LOL

If I saw the condom wrapper damaged, I'd probablly toss it... not worth the risk IMO
KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals