Condoms: Am I being Paranoiac?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Condoms: Am I being Paranoiac?

Is there a chance for me to get pregnant? My partner and me were using men condoms (as the only protection) the entire intercourses. He ejaculated inside of me with a condom on, which never slipped off, and when he took it off, I even poured some water inside the condom to make sure it was not leaking.
Has anybody heard any experiences of condom failure other than breaking or using improperly?
Condoms are about 97% effective when used properly.  I think you have absolutely nothing to worry about.  My husband and I use condoms as our only birth control and we've never had any problems whatsoever.  You're fine!  :-)  Hope this helps!
Thank you so much! I also think that I will be fine, but I just needed to hear some other opinions :)
I was wondering the exact same thing. I even did the same thing as you yesterday (examined for leaks), I thought I was a paranoiac, apparently I am not the only one. Thanks for asking the question!) I think it should be fine as well.
I think it is wise to use a separate spermicide along with a condom if you really don't want to get pregnant.  At least for me and my husband, we don't always stop intercourse immediately when he ejaculates - so some of the semen could be squished up the sides of the condom and end up were we don't want it to be - those little buggers can swim!  Just a thought.
The failure rates with condoms are due to 1. being used incorrectly, i.e. condom wasn't put on before intercourse, etc., or 2. the condom broke. No one ever got pregnant through an intact condom.
If getting pregnant was a surprise for you, you must have spent some time thinking how could that have happened. So, what kind of condom failure do you think it was?
Do you usually check the condom after the intercourse?
Did you check it that time?
Thanks in advance!
Thank you all for your opinions!
i'm in just the general predicament with my bf. i posted something about it already. i had sex with him once with a condom. then again without but he pulled out. my period is late and it's never late. my period was to start like....two days ago. Had sex with him four days ago. Not nervous or anything. I'm unusually calm about the situation.

the only thing is one of my friends got pregnant and she used a condom. it didn't break, it was used properly etc. so that's like in the back of my mind.

i'm naturally not going to actually start worrying until a week later if it still hasn't come yet.

Although I do have a question, I know you can't have your period if you're pregnant, and that most people mistake it for spotting and vice versa. How heavy can spotting be? Would it actually get heavy to where you think it's a period?
your bf pulling out does not lessen your chances of getting pregnant. you can very much get pregnant from your bf pulling out

your focusing on being pregnant from condoms and thats not correct. you need to be worried about having unprotected sex and thats what you did. condoms are effective is worn properly, are not expired, or rip (or come off). i have never heard of anyone getting pregnant from condoms used correctly. your friend is likely trying to scare you or not telling you the truth.

stop guessing about if your pregnant and what is spotting...if your late (which you said you are) you need to take a pregnany test....wait and take another one

i would suggest reading up on conception so you are informed before you have sex again
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
1 hr ago
Des_a_rae commented on krichar's status
1 hr ago
redheadaussie Back in Good old Aus. Soooo... Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals