Condoms and Withdrawal?
My boyfriend and I just started having sex.  The first time, he didn't wear a condom but he pulled out.  Now, everytime we have sex he wears a condom with spermacide and he still pulls out.  How effective is this for birth control?  I am waiting to be put on birth control, but until then, we are doing this...  Is it effective?
DH and I ALWAYS use the pull out method ONLY and it has worked for us for 8 yrs.  The 3 times he did NOT pull out I got pg (only 2 babies though) but anyway I think if you are also using a condom you should be fine for now of course abstinence is the ONLY way to guarantee no pregnancy but you should be ok - Just keep using the condoms.
DH & I use condoms only.  It seems fine to us!  :-)
Sounds as safe as you can get w/out having sex.  Im on the ring & we dont use condoms or pull out.. Have never been pregnant from that!  =)
Condoms are safe, as long as they don't break -- which they usually don't.  Pull out method is not as safe as sperm can come out before full ejaculation.
I am the exception to the condom rule, I have been pg twice through condoms and neither time was there an obvious break. But doing it the way you are doing it offers quite a bit of protection.

I am also not a fan of the withdrawal method, the effectiveness of it ranks around 50%.

Andi
my husband and i used the withdrawl method and or rhythym method for about 7 years and it was "fine". however, i do not reccomend either of those methods if you are NOT trying to get pregnant. we felt, if "it happened it happened".
sounds as if you have triple duty protection! id say thats good until you get on bc and you still may want to wear condoms?
I could not take bcps, so my husband and I relied on withdrawal.  We could tell the day we conceived with each child.  It truly did work for us, but my periods were very regular and that is the key. Withdrawing from days 12-16 worked like a charm.
My husband and I used the rhythm method and the withdrawal
method.  It worked about a year and I got pregnant with my
5th child at age 41.  He wasn't too happy, but I was.  I've
always wanted 5 kids and I wouldn't mind a couple more.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for grandchildren since
I'm now 47 and had my tubes tied.