Confusing MRI results--adenomyosis or not?
Recently I had an MRI to help find the cause of my chronic pelvic pain. While my uterus had a normal appearance and the junctional zone had a normal thickness in the lower uterine body and lower uterine segment, there was an "ill-definition of the junctional zone within the body and fundus". Therefore, the radiologist could not exclude adenomyosis. A mild amount of free fluid was observed, but everything else looked normal.

My question is....where do I go from here? Get another radiologist to examine the image? Assume that because my uterine thickness is normal, then adenomyosis is unlikely? Is there another test that's better at detecting adenomyosis?

Thanks,
Charlotte
I've always been told that adenomyosis is very difficult to diagnose until a hysterectomy is done and the uterus and its tissue can be examined.

An endometrial biopsy can be done to rule out other things but it isn't the way adenomyosis is diagnosed 100%.