Constant bleeding with Mirena

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Constant bleeding with Mirena

Has anyone had this? I have been on Mirena for almost a year and over all its been ok.. I had major back pain where I was in the bed for 2 days twice, but that's mostly it.. My problem is that in the last 2 months my bleeding has been coming every 2 weeks and when it does it last like 10 days.. I was hoping by now that my cycle would be complete gone or at least a regular cycle like it was before..except before the every two week thing... my cycle since March (when it was installed) had been coming 3 days earlier every month.. Weird!

Should I talk to the doctor about this? Has this happened to anyone and did ur cycle finally stop or what?

Thanks,

Cece
I have had the Mirena since may 2007 and have a constant period 3 weeks out of 4.  Its light but there.  I have lower back pain and its sever when I first start my period.  I also have vagina odor when on my period which is awful.  Any one else experiencing this?
Sorry Cece I did not mean to post the above post to you.  I have a period 3 out of 4 weeks.  Its light.  I talked to my doctor and he said sometimes in some women this happens.  I can live with it or take it out.  
I had my Mirena put in last August after the birth of my second child. My periods were as heavy as ever so I went back to the doctor to check it out. Turns out the Mirena is no longer in my uterus and has managed to get through my uterus wall. Now I have to have a laparoscomy (or something like that) to fish it out. Sounds like the same thing has happened to you girls. I would definately get it checked out and make sure you are using condoms until you find out what is wrong.
Hi!
Same story,had it for almost a year,come May 24th,and been bleeding irregularly,but lightly.My doc says that I should check it out,hormonally.Everything else is fine,feeling ok,and no PMS.My blood count is great,just worried WHY this is happening! Please post any news,so will I !
Huggs,Holly
I have had the Mirena for 6 months now and I bleed constantly. Its very light except for when I have a normal period. But after my period its back to the light bleeding. Its so annoying!! I also have a awful smell associated with the light bleeding. I love not being able to get pregnant, but the smell and the bleeding is birth control in itself!!
I've had Mirena since May, a year after my third child was born, and the irregular bleeding is driving me crazy.  I too have my period, then spot for 3 or so weeks.  I think I'm going to give it another few months (so I'll have at least had it for a year), but if it continues like this, I'll have to have it removed.
lol about the smell and bleeding being birth control itself!! I also have had light bleeding and a foul odor down there ever since it was put in, which was about a month ago. Seriously if this is how its going to be then I want it out. I hate bleeding like this all the time, I'd rather take a pill. I'm worried it has perforated my uterus, I am breastfeeding and I read that increases the chances of it happening. I'm going to call my dr. today so I can go in and get it checked out.
i have had constant bleeding also. and i keep getting bacterial vaginosis from it which may be where u women are getting the smell. its awful, im getting it removed. i want my life back to normal. too bad i still have to pay $900 for this crap!!
AppleBr Loreena is home driving me ... Comment
Shannon79 commented on Shannon79's status
Shannon79, pb95, Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals