Constant cramping one month after Mirena removal
I had the Mirena removed after three months. I was reacting in so many ways (acne, awful cramping, low libido, continual spotting, etc). After removal, I had spotting a few days later and then very heavy bleeding suddenly. I felt incredibly faint and went to the hospital. They sent me home and told me I was fine.
Now here I am four weeks post removal and I am having constant cramping (feels like first day period cramps - with no period. It's worse with a full bladder. The cramps also feel worse with any activity -even standing for short periods of time...), bloating, lots of low back pain.... it's terrible. I keep reading that my symptoms match ovarian cancer symptoms, but if I really connect the dots, this is all because of the Mirena. I have never had issues like this before the Mirena. I've given birth to four healthy babies and never had problems like this. And now I'm constantly in pain. Any advice? I'm wondering if I've developed ovarian cysts because of Mirena....??

Mirena is notorious for causing pelvic inflammatory disease and intrauterine adhesions. Pelvic inflammatory disease is an infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. It occurs when bacteria move upward from a woman's vagina or cervix to her uterus or fallopian tubes. Intrauterine adhesions can cause abdominal cramps and discomfort in the lower abdomen. I sincerely advise you to consult a gynecologist and get cervical swabs and pelvic ultrasound done to find out whether PID is responsible for your symptoms.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have been having mild cramping after removal of my Paraguard IUD (almost a week ago. My husband and I are TTC, and had sex twice after removal. Wondering if the cramps are a side effect of removal, or could i be pregnant. Thoughts?