Women's Health Community
Continuous bleeding after Depo Provera
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Continuous bleeding after Depo Provera

I was on the Depo Provera shot for about a year and I recently got off of it. During the last trimester I was on it, I did not get my period at all. Since I've been off of it I have been spotting constantly and recently the bleeding has gotten really heavy. Since the heavy bleeding, I've been experiencing cramps and lost of appetite. Is this a normal side effect from getting off of the birth control? What else could cause this cotinuous bleeding?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i ahd the same problom i was only on it for 3 monthes but i bled for about 3 7 weeks all together evenm after i stoped it and i got sick of it so after i didnt take the last shot i went to the dr and got on the pill and in 4 days it was gone and everything is back to normal and im much happier now so call up ur dr and talk to them about it and get on the pill it worked good for me. hope this helps.
Blank
I have learned with coming off Depo...anything is possible..
I was on it for nearly 8 years....and I have been off now since...Feb 06...and this month was the very first month I had a normal cycle..28 days.
My dr...told me it can take up to 18 months to get back to normal.
Good Luck
Jack
Blank
130737_tn?1214865065
Is it normal to bleed bright red?  all of the time???  I feel like an idiot I just posted the same question... sorry
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank