Copper IUDS and non-stop bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Copper IUDS and non-stop bleeding?

sep. 19 of this year I went in to OB's office and got a copper IUD.Sence then my monthly won't stop or stops for two or three days and starts back up. Is this normal? I'm noy feeling any cramping or pain but I am worried about the bleeding.In the past two months its stoped twice and it seems to act up more after sex. Help please.
It's not common to have nonstop bleeding.  Go back to your doctor to figure out what's causing it.
I used to have one & I spotted everyday for several months. Then itcame out on its own (that freaked me out!) & I decided not to go that route again.
thanks i've only had it for two months so we will see it could well be that i'm freaking out over nothing....I think i'm gonna give it a little while longer and see if things strieghten out on there own.I got it on my six week apointment after my newest baby was born.the pills make me sick and condom like to break so im on my last little step and then i dont know what im gonna do....I lose wieght on the pill, cant eat with the silly things.

Thanks for answering.
Interesting. I had Mirena IUD and the bleeding would not stop for 3-4 months, so decided to try copper IUD and LOVED IT! The bleeding stopped and I never had any problems or bleeding in between periods. My periods were more regular than ever! The only thing I noticed with the copper t is that I had heavier periods. But that was it. I would recommend it to everyone! I would give it a little bit of time. It's such a great, worry free form of birth control! Good luck!
I had a copper iud after my daughter was born and i loved it.
I chose to have the merena after just having my son because the dr said it was even more effective. Well i know i wont get pregnant because i am always spotting every day so sex is something we just dont have.I DID LOVE THE COPPER iud.
I had an IUD about 2 years ago and I hate I got it I stay on my menstrual for almost 2 months then when I was off I couldnt have intercouse b/c it was soooo painful I really couldnt sit up b/c I felt something sticking me then plus i caught some kind of infections and when i went back to the doctor they told me that the doctor who did it place it in wrong (now i had it done at the same clinic).

I say do now use any of those birth control method all of it cause a side effect and later on down the line when u want to have kids ur not going to be able. my husband and I been trying for 3 year and nothing happen I had the depo, the IUD the pill, none of that stuff is good for us read the labels and the side effect PLEASE!!
Please help??? I have had the copper IUD fOor 4 months now and I haven't stopped bleeding!!! Why???
Ive had my non stop bleeding from copper iud for 9 months. doctor said to wait till 12 months. its *****. will it ever stop?
I'm 29yrs old and decided to recently put in the copper iud about 3mths and my period was fine but this month I have had my period for 2 wks now and it doesn't stop it's not heavy but it's there and it's driving me crazy and I'm getting worried. Can someone maybe give me some advice because it's getting frustrating and don't want to do the pill again. Thanks
Hey! What happened in the end? I'm having the same thing at the moment, it's been 3 months now, and I'm getting fed up :\
Thanks,
Rosie
i had my iud for a year and just started having problems last month .i was late last month spotted for three days then bleed heavy for three more days which before i would have full on bleeding i never spotted.im late again im always regular like clock work i mark my calendar .im having lower back and lower pelvic pain has this happened to any one eles
oh im late again
I have copper for 2 yrs its was fine from the begining when inserted now I am starting having heavy period and cramps then after periods spots almost everyday I think Iam anemic too. The periods are so heavy. I dont know what to do I have 3 children and I am not ready for another. I cant use any birth control which have hormons because of History of High Blood Pressure. I tried natural and that how i Got 3 children back to back. Help please