Could I be Prego?
I had the Merina IUD placed on 10/29/2008 about eight weeks after my 2nd child was born. I really havent had any issues. It all went just as my doctor directed it would and have loved it. I got pregnant with my first child while on the pill and then mis-carried while on the Nuva ring then went back to the pill to help with my hormones and somewhere during the switch I became preganant with 2nd child. With neither birth being planned and never been married, birth control has been a huge concern. I am pro-life and dont need anymore unplanned pregnancies. So its nearing 4yrs that ive had my IUD in place. I have been in a steady relationship for most of the 4yrs and my partner is starting to hit at the fact that im showing preganacy symptoms. I was brushing them off as just smartass comments. But to my surprise im noticing them myself and actually feel like i may be pregnant. I havent had any negative side affects since my merina was placed and havent had a period for almost 2yrs. So I really would have no clue if i was really preganant or how far along for that matter. So since I havent had the pregnancy-type side affects and feel them now (4yrs into this iud).. could I really be pregnant? I took a cheap $1 store test this weekend and it was negative.

Has anyone gotten a negative test result and still proved to be pregnant with the merina iud? What should I do?
Pregnancy due to IUD failure can occur. Hence to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.