Could I be pregant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Could I be pregant?

Hi, me and my partner had sex while on the 5th day of my period, he came in me and the next morning I took a morning after pill. I would like to know is there a possibility if I could be
pregnant?
Hi there and welcome.  Well, we have a chance of getting pregnant any time we have unprotected sex (ALWAYS use protection), however, your timing is on your side here.  Day one of a cycle is the first day of a period and you begin counting from there.  The average day to ovulate is day 14.  You had unprotected sex on day 5.  Good chance that this was far away enough from ovulation to mean you wouldn't get pregnant.  Some woman can have an odd month and ovulate at a strange time----  so never say never.  But doubtful on that day of your cycle.  AND, couple that with taking the morning after pill--------  you've probably got yourself covered dear.  good luck
There is always a chance of pregnancy during sex but if you took the morning after pill within 72 hours of unprotected sex, I doubt that you are pregnant. Did you have a period between then and now?
It is very highly unlikely that would get pregnant.

Like specialmom said that on the 5th day of a bleed you would not have had an egg released from the ovary to be fertilised.

And you also took another precaution by taking the morning after pill.

I never got pregnant whilst having penetrative sex with hubby when I was on a period no matter what day of the period it was.  It was the only time he did not need to use protection to avoid pregnancy.

So I wouldn't worry at all, you'll be fine.