Aa
A
A
Close
Could I be pregnant? 10 days late but negative test results
Hi! I am on my 11th day of being late for my period. The first day of my last period was sept. 23 and my periods are regular (28-30 day cycles). All of the pregnancy tests have said negative, and the doctor told me to wait one more week before a blood test. I was wondering if anyone has been pregnant after having negative test results this late from period.
Cancel
467 Answers
Page 2 of 24
I had a miscarriage last month and am now 3 days late but now I am barley spotting, only when wiping for the last two days but tests are negavite.  Could I be pregnant?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
you never said if you ever even got a period aftwards!

did you have a dnc or did you just assume?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i am currently 10 days late!!! and have taken 2 negative tests! whats going on...i have no symptoms apart from back aches and slight sick feeling, which goes after 10mins or so and my breasts are not tender. i find wearing tites even uncomfortable around my stomach, am i imagining things or am i pregnt?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
557270 tn?1223160267
Hello in febuary i had unprotected sex stupidly
and got the morning after pill 2 days later which was pretty stupid
i started to get really worried
and bad symptons and then spots of blood
and then i came on a light period for like 2 days
i took 4 pregnancy tests
and they were all negative
and then took another 2 like 3 months later because i just kept getting weird symptons
that ive never had before
but i still came on periods quite regular
but to this day
i keep getting cramps and feeling sick when i eat food and i sleep for ages
13 hours a day
ive come up for other reasons why i could be getting cramps and stuff
and i think i could have ibs

if there a slim possibilty i could be pregnant if i am
then that would mean im 6 or 7 months pregnant
but i would feel kicking and stuff
so i REALLY doubt i am

but do you think there could be a chance ?
or am i just being ridiculus !
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hi  I took several pregnancy and blood test all negative, but my lower stomach has significantly grown. I believe I am almost three months. The doctors all think im going loco. I only have unprotected sex. I have heavy breasts, lower back pain, always sleepy and hungry for the same food everyday. Could this be all in my head. From flat stomach to poofy lower stomach. Please I need advice and reallyb fast.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
if your getting negative blood test then your not pregnant
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i came off the pill in Jan and have recently been trying to get pregnant, i didnt have a period until the April and then i was pretty regular however i am 10 days late now have done 2 hpt and both have been negative! i feel is if my period is going to arrive occassionally but it has passed now. could i be pregnant?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Well, I am certainly not the only one in this situation....
My last period started August 4/2008 - Aug 9/08. We had intercourse Aug 14th....3 days before I ovulated.
I started spotting for 3 days on Aug 18th. Then nothing until my expected period Sept 1st in which I spotted (only when I wiped) for 5 days. Now there is nothing. All preg tests say negative. Went to Doc and they say negative too. I have ALWAYS had a reg 28 day cycle. I have felt nausious once in awhile, mild headaches....NO breast tenderness though. I do find myself peeing more.
Anybody have any advice? I thought I was pregnant but after so many negative tests I am starting to doubt myself. I have 2 kids already in which everything was NORMAL....I could tell I was preg with them 4 days BEFORE expected period.
NOW I'm 9 days late and still NEG preg tests.
Any INFO or encouragment would be GREAT!
Thanks
Amber
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
well, i my last period ended on the 23rd August 08 i am now a little over two weeks overdue for my period. im not on contraception and have had alot of unprotected sex (we are trying) but all tests have come back negative, even the last blood test i had. im going for another blood test on tuesday.

and im getting symptoms, like headaches, belly grumbles, neusea, tummy pains, light headedness.

from what everyone is writing, im not alone, i just wish ppl would put up the outcome. i will!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
568659 tn?1256143582
I the blood test is coming up negative then you are not pregnant.  I have never heard of "belly grumbles" as being a sign of pregnancy, thats you stomach telling you that it needs food.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Well I'm 10 days late just took another test for a negative result. I'm beginning to think it's all mind games at this point. I'm giving up. I'm irregular so maybe stress is delaying my period. I would love a baby now but I guess it just isn't my time right now. Who knows maybe my period will show. All I have is lower back pains, headaches, emotional outbursts, but these are also symptoms of PMS. I'll continue waiting. I'm giving myself until October 19th and then I'm going to the doctor for a blood test. Wish me luck I really want a baby but I guess I'm wishing for something that just isn't there. I'll keep you posted, and I wish you all the best of luck .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I see I'm not alone here.  I'm 13 days late. I've taken 3 HPT test and all were negative.  I see some women previously stated that it happened to them before.  Has anyone found out if they were indeed pregnant or got their period afterwards?  Is there a cause other than stress why as to you wouldn't get your period.  This is the 2nd time this has happened to me.  The 1st time I was only 7 days late and my period came right on after leaving the doc office.  Doc said it was stress. This time I'm experiencing vomitting, nausea, headaches, lower back pain and light headedness sitting down, laying down or taking a car ride.  I have cramps as if I may start my period. I  go dashing to the b'room it's nothing...Am I pregnant?  I see going to docotor maybe me a waste of time.  Any helpful advise? Anyone here actually pregnant despite the neg HPT?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
you might not be pregnant you might be. you might be pregnant but have really low hormones indicating miscarriage. sounds like you are pregnant. get a blood test that will tell you for sure
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
651140 tn?1224553763
i feel stupid for asking but how long do ya'll wait for ur period b4 u take a hpt??? i dont wanna get my hopes up and find out im just late for stress but im tired of waiting its driving my ccccrrraaazzzzyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I am four days late and 37.  My husband and I have been trying to get PG for almost 8 months now. I am on 100mg of Clomid. I have no systems of starting my period or even being PG.   I have done test after test with my doc in the past few months.  She tells me I am no where near mentapause.  I am coming out of a cold.  I have been on cold meds and wondering if that has something to do with me being late.  I did not realize I was late until 2 days pasr.  However,  I have had a cold in the past and I was not late then.  I read that I should wait a few more days and then test again.  Any ideas???

Yes I have taken a three home PG tests everyday in the mourn for the past three days.  They have been all negative.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
OMG - I am glad I found this...and not alone.  I am going on 40 days since my last period (about 5-7 days late) and my boobs are a little larger and some cramping above my inner thigh, took 2 tests and both neg. I only took one in the morning.  I was going to wait another 5 or so days and see what happens.  Is there anyone out there that actually did get a positive result after a few negatives???  Help relieve my worrying - I am 38.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
759611 tn?1236126514
OMG so glad to here im not the only one going out of my mind im 8 days late and got a negative result on my hpt which i did wen i woz 5 days late and still no sign of my period iv allways been regular every month im now just gonna wait and do another test in a couple of days if i have a no show of my period . but at 8 days late is it possible that i could be pregnant and why the negative result PLEASE HELP im 22 and a mummy to 1 allready
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I am in a similar situation, I am 7 days late (based on my longest previous cycle of 34 days) I have done a HPT today and it was negative. I am not sure if I have any symptoms as everything I feel could be related to normal menstrual cycle and some could be imagination.

I called my GP surgery for advice and my Dr called back. She told me it wasn't unusual to miss a period! and to test again in 7 days if I still hadn't started but in the mean time to take folic acid.

The GP didn't really tell me anything that I didn't know but she must think there must still be a chance of pregnancy as she is advising to retest and take folic acid.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i have had a miscarriage before, last august 2008. now, i've had unprotected intercourse but has been regular since... but this month, i am about 10/14 days delayed.  I've been constantly hungry, burping a lot. but i dont get any morning sickness, i dont feel like vomiting and have no cramps either.. now the constant hunger and burping are fading but i still didnt get my period.. i havent taken any pt yet, could i be pregnant? or am i just thinking that i might be? i've been an irregular when i was 14-16 yrs old.. but i've been a regular since.. am already 25.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
So i got my period jan. 1st then had protected sex jan. 19th got my period jan. 21.....10 days early...and this month im 10 days late...i took 2 tests and they were both negative....i was sick a few days ago and lost my appetite i still havent been eating much....i dont know whats going on....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.
Women's Health Community Resources