Could the clinic be wrong?
Ok i went to the clinic and they said i had chlamidiya.However my b/f also went and was told that he was clean.He was my first (and i never had sex with anyone else).i thought you could only get it through sexual contact, so could the clinic have been wrong or are there other ways to get it?please help
It is only transmitted sexually. Are you sure that your b/f was negative, or did he just tell you that? I guess there's always a chance they mixed your std panel up with someone else's, but it would be a slim chance.
I agree with mslkpage - It is only sexually transmitted.  I don't understand if this has been your only partner why he would not have it and you do??
I saw his results and they said he was neg.They were also from his actual doctor...i just went to the clinic.I think i'll go to my gyn to make sure.
Did the clinic do an STD panel on you, or did the doc diagnose you based on your symptoms? I have a friend that was told she had an std before the panel results came back. Turns out the doc was wrong, and they shouldn't make that dianosis without the lab results, but I've heard that it happens.
No, the doctor said it was probably "trich" or a yeast infection but when the results came back they said it was chlamidiya.
It is funny that you mentioned this. About 5 years ago, my husband and I both at the same time experienced strange bumps on our genitals. I am sorry if this is info overload. We both went to seperate DR's who tested us. His Dr said that he had herpes and gave him medicine to clear it. My Dr said that it was because of overdryness during our relations. I mentioned to my Dr what was given to my husband from his Dr and the medicine, my Dr said that was not correct because my Dr had my biopsy sent off and checked and it came back normal. All Drs can have different results or opinions. Some just look at you and assume that something is wrong with you without performing test. Guess what, they are usually completely wrong. I feel that 2nd opinions are the best route to go. If you have doubt, always see another Dr to verify what the other Dr said. Go with yur instinct.
Well, you've stumped me then, but that's NOT hard to do!  I think we all agree that you should go to your own dr. for another exam. I hope you get some definite answers soon- how frustrating for you!  

Sunshine- I worked with a girl who's dr. misdiagnosed her with herpes and started her on meds. She stressed for several days waiting for the lab results, which were negative.
maybe he lied..... The clinic definately does not lie when it comes to STD's.
i opened his mail...
Just curious- is it very common to get a false positive or false negative?
Forgive me if I am wrong,(I am not up on all STD's) but can clamidia be transmitted via undetected shedding???  Or is that a different STD?
You can have false positive and negative results on chlamydia tests. Often if one person has a positive, they treat both (regardless of the other person's results), on the off chance that they DO have chlamydia, because untreated chlamydia can lead to PID.

cinnamonsugar: The STD you're thinking of is herpes :-) But even so, the other partner would have antibodies to HSV if that were the case.
:-) Good girl.

Then the other option is to get another test done.
Hope all goes well.
OUCH!
Im glad i dont have your doctor then.
YIKES, THAT SOUNDS PAINFUL
Its not my doctor!   I am telling  the procedure!!  Yes, from what I understand it is very painful. The name of it is called bullheaded chlamydia.  There is no otherway to bust the infection up.
xray: lol. Whoever told you that was pulling your leg. In men, untreated chlamydia leads to epididymitis. That's all :-)

mlskpage: As for the results, I believe false negatives are more common in men. Tests are more reliable than they once were, though. Also, the infection can clear up on its own, so it could be that he had it and already resolved the infection.
hmm..i googled it and for the life of me can not find it anywhere. Seems to me that doc is living back in the stone age....rubber mallet? I think with all the advancements they have these days there is another way of going about it. Unless of course it is a female doctor and she is somehow working out her frustration on the male gender.
i suppose i could do my own search, but, do they at least put them under or numb it up before hand? do you know? i'm gonna guess they do, because that just seems like an awful way to do it, i believe you, but i just cant believe it ya know, it's hard to explain i guess.it's true what they say about you learn something new everyday!!
okay we all just posted at the same time how wierd is that? ok it must be a myth then!!
surely they put you to sleep! what male is going to sit there with their penis streched out on table while some doc gets a rubber mallet out of squish the end of his penis! Ouch!
can you just see it.............. the dr arm up in the air ready to take a swing......LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would not make this up.. As a matter of fact I called my friend (whose husband had the procedure when he was 19) and she confirmed that it was so.  Maybe today there is a different method but in all honesty that is what happened to him.  I'm sorry I have created such a stir.  I honestly could not imagine.  And, too, I am  sure it is not a full arm swing "whack" and they use an instrument similar to what they test refex with.  I used the incorrect term-she called it bullhead clap.
My friend's nephew's girlfriend  is pregnant and tested positive for chlamydia.  They treated him too because it is difficult to test  a man unless they have pus oozing from them.  It is difficult to get a good swab on a man unless they have symptoms(pus, drainage,etc.)   if left untreated on a man, it can cause infection to close the urethral opening and the doctor will have to take a rubber mallet and hit the end of his penis to bust the infection loose.
That seems to confirm a story I heard when I was a kid back in the 50s.  One of the boys down at the icehouse was having a problem with an infection in his penis.  Old Doc Moss happened by and the fellow asked him if he could take a look.  He had the man take out his penis and lay it on a table.  Doc looked it over and said, "Well, son, looks like you have a case of the old bullhead CLAP!  As he emphasized the word clap he slapped down hard on the poor guy's penis with his open hand, firing a wad of discharge halfway across the room.

i guess it was more than a rural legend.
Baby Girl I know it's 3 years later, but I hope you are not still with this dude. You fell for the okey-doke. Your boyfriend had clap! The symptoms usually show up in men first. The discharge, the burning while trying to urinate. After experincing this your boyfriend whent to the clinic tested positive took antibotics, the std clears up in a few days he went back to his family Dr. who probably knew him all his life got a statement from him saying he is clear. If he really tested negative and you tested positive and you told him you were not sleeping around do you really think he would go for that. In other words he gave it to you. If not the two of you would still be in an argument about it.