Cracks around the vagina
My wife wanted to write this question, but is too shy to do so. She has given the keyboard controls to me, instructing me to ask her question.

From her early childhood, my wife has often experienced painful cracking near her vagina, which last for weeks at a time. They sometimes bleed, often appearing just above or just below the clitoris, the vestibule and the perineum. For the past two weeks, she has some of the worst cracking she can remember.  Right now, she has three painful cracks, two one centimeter cracks spreading out from her clitoris and a slightly longer one near her vaginal opening. These are extremely painful and have inhibited intercourse with me for eleven days now. A similar (related?) crack has appeared at the left corner of her mouth, where her lower and upper lips join.

Rarely sick, she has a sore throat, and has drunk a lot of freshly pressed lime juice to help remove those symptoms. She has also been enjoying many a garden fresh tomato. However, though too much acid may have triggered the latest painful cracking, she can seemingly get a crack at any time. Her doctors and her homeopathic doctor have not found a reason or cure, though a lot of her money and time have gone into purchasing medications and natural remedies that help only a little. Any suggestions? Right now the pain and itching associated with these open sores in that sensitive area are driving her nuts, with no end in sight.

This is probably unrelated, but she is a practicing RN with a severe latex allergy.

Thanks for your help!
well, arent you sweet to help her out! she should NOT be embarrased.
this is just a suggestion, but if you scroll down this forum furthur, it sounds like MANY other woman have posted regarding the same situation. i do not know what it could be? i know i  get a few tiny (almost like paper cuts) down there when i wipe with certain toilet papers. i wish i had suggestions/answers but i know someone out there will post back able to help more. meanwhile check out the posts and see if it relates.
ps: i too would tend to think all that acid from lime juice and tomatos may exacerbate the situation as you thought.
Persons with latex allergies can be allergic to lots of things; here is a quote:

"Latex allergy is also associated with allergies to certain foods such as avocados, potatoes, bananas, tomatoes, chestnuts, kiwi fruit, and papaya".

--though I'd wonder why she gets symptoms there.
rtbnvbjjgfjgf
There is a possibility that it might be athletes foot.My wife has the same problem.(she does not have Athletes foot) Men also sometimes get similar cracs on their foreskin.Strange that doctors do not seem to identify this.I do not know what ointment you can use.I had athletes foot that did not want to respond to treatment. At wits end, i used zinc tablets orally. The athletes foot dissapeared in one week.Seems i had a zinc shortage.Going to try it on my wife.Will keep you posted.
i have a similar thing and they thought it could be herpes, even though i am in a serious monogamous relationship - i still havent figured out what it was, been to three doctors, so if you find any other info please let me know.  it is horribly painful.  
I have the same thing and think it is related to having a yeast infection. I am itchy and I get the split skin crack thing right above the clitoris. it ***** and it seems to come back periodically. I totally think it is yeast infection gone a rye. i need to stop thet sugars which make it worse but am hooked on it with my coffee. I have been trying to cure it with the seven day treatment and it takes a while to go away. I also coincidentally have a crack on the corner of my mouth but don't think its herpes. it is different looking than herpes sores.

I just found out recently to my dismay though that I have herpes but it appears around my anus (even though I have NEVER had anal sex! i CANT BELIEVE IT BECAUSE i HAVE BEEN IN A MONOGOMOUS RELATIONSHIP AND THINK MY GUY IS ONLY SLEEPING WITH ME. the reason I think it appeared there is because it can lay dormant and surface any time. I think I got it from my slutty ex hsbd who cheated and slept all around. I think it surfaced because I had to have a procedure to remove a hemorrhoid and when the skin gets an abrasion it can cause an outbreak (same goes for oral herpes so dont pick at your skin!) its been totally managable though with the meds and lysine when I feel the sore feeling coming on. and not bad at all. actually if I have to have it I am glad it is a very minor bit around the outer area of the anus! I just pray it never gets worse!
i get these as well. have them at the moment which just makes me curious. im only a teenager so am wondering what this is. it is just small cuts it comes around my clitoris and down near my actual vagina. its also near my anus as well. very uncomfy, espcially when you wipe. it seems to make the whole area go red!
what is this?
is it a disease?
I have these as well and they are usually accompanied by uterine pain and infections and it usually happens when.I think that my Fiancé is cheating and I am thinking that he is having sex with someone else and not showering and it is causing cracking and bleeding and thee exposure to the bacteria is causing it and infections as well.
Sounds like a form of thrush, if you wash too much it makes it worse and don't use soap! Try natural yoghurt down there (messy), drinking probiotic drinks and washing with only water for a bit.  You can also get a thrush cream from pharmacy.  If you are on antibiotics these kill the natural good bacteria in your body and can start thrush.

It's painful to remove but put a plaster with germoline over the cracks for the day, will heal them up and stop them getting Irritated every time you wipe.

These can also be an opening for herpes to infect the body so don't have sex with someone you don't know when you get the cracks, may be the cause or symptom of herpes or not related at all.  We've been to the moon but people still don't know about everything to do with the human body!
I have this as well. However, they appeared during and after my yeast infection. I think it may be from scratching too much