Cramping, back pain, not pregnant and period just finished
I've had cramps that feel like period pain (stomach, mostly lower right, back pain, also on the right and sometimes my leg muscles too) that started the sunday before my period started (wednesday 2nd June-Saturday 5th June) and have persisted. I've had some gastric trouble over the years that I am trying to solve right now, and these symptoms are new. Usually I get an 'attack' of upper gastric pain and vomiting, can't keep down water and eventually need to be hospitalised before dehydration makes it worse. The pain can persist through morphine, maxalon, tropisetron, pantoprazole, buscopan and stematil for hours. Usually it takes a minimum of 4 hours to bring the pain under control. The pain seems to fuel the vomiting, and the vomiting brings slight relief for a maximum of 15-20 seconds before coming back. When I no longer have anything to vomit the pain gets worse.
The 'attacks' have been going on for nine years, and I have had every test under the sun (Gastroscopy, Gastric ultrasound, pelvic ultrasound, Stomach Xrays, Gastric Emptying Study, Barium Meal, Celiac testing, liver function etc) and ruled out pancreatitis, gallstones and ulcers. I am a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic and know that my digestion is slightly slowed due to minor peripheral nerve damage, but the masses of doctors I've seen don't think that this is the cause of the problem.
If anyone can help with suggestions of what either might be, or what diagnostic tests might be of interest I would be very grateful.
Can you get to a teaching hospital, or maybe the Mayo Clinic? They work very well together across the specialties, and their diagnostic skills are excellent. Blessings!