Cramping in calves and feet

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Cramping in calves and feet

For the past two weeks I have had very sharp throbing pain in both my calves and feet.  It feels just like a "Charlie Horse".  I have increased my potasium and drank extra water.  At times it is really unbearable and then it just passes.  It comes and goes constantly.
Try increasing your calcium.  I read recently that this kind of cramping is associated with needing more calcium.
It also could be poor circulation in your feet or blockage in some veins, do some stretching, put your feet up at at night, reduce cholesterol in your diet
What about low potasium (major sp) ya'll know I can't spell, so don't EVEN make fun! lol I know it will cause my legs to hurt.
Back and spinal injuries can also cause pain and cramps in the legs and feet. Herniated, slipped discs, nerve compression etc.. can cause leg pain even if you don't feel any pain in your back.
See a Neurologist or Orthopedic Specialist for proper testing and diagnosis.
--J
Wow, for my first time here....thanks for all the suggestions.  I was supposed to have a Dr. appt tomorrow, but I am alone in a new state and couldn't find anyone to watch the kids so I had to cancel and was desperate for some ideas.  Thanks to all of you.
potassium.
Eat some bananas.
Are you on the pill by any chance? This can be a side-effect and was so bad for me that I had to discontinue.
Make sure you see the doctor if it doesn't go away.  If blood isn't circulating properly, you could have a blood clot.
Yes, I am on the pill.  I have been on the pill consistently for many, many years (besides my 4 kids).  I have a 5, 4, 2 & 1 year old.  These cramps are worse than the pain in the a** my kids can be!!  HA HA!  I am worried about blood clots since it came on so suddenly and I tried water, more potassium I hadn't thought of calcium but that will be my next attempt.