Cramping while on depo???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Cramping while on depo???

My shot is due in three weeks, but I will not be taking it. I was just wondering if there was anyone who had taken depo previously and had slight cramping. I have been cramping on and off for the past 3 weeks. I wish that the shot didn't work and I would be pregnant, but we all know that won't happen, but seriously, is this a common side effect?
hi there,

my last depo shot was due in Dec but i didnt take it and we decided to start TTC. while i was on it i had alot of cramps. and i was bleeding all the time i had my period more in those 6 months then i have had it for past few years.
  my body is not yet back to normal but i have a wonderful Dr that is tring so hard to help us get pregnent. im at my last day of prevera because ironicly after i stopped the depo shot so did my period. so i should get it now in the next 3-5 days then i will start clomide(fertility drug) 5 days after my period to get me to ovulate. i wish you the best of luck. i wish someone had told me more about the depo shot b4 i took the 1st shot.

AT
I had cramping the whole last month I was on Depo.  Depo usually stays in your system 12-18 months, but some people get pregnant right when they are due for another shot and dont get one.
When I was on Depo the last 6 months that I was on it I cramped 3 weeks on the day before my next shot was due. Cramping is a common side affect. You really wouldn't believe all the things you are doing to your body being on depo. Depo screws every bit of you up and you think your doing a wonderful thing by protecting your self from an unwanted pregnancy. Search depo and you will find all the things it does to you. You will be amazed and in shock.. Atleast I was. Good luck to you on getting pregnant. It only took me 6 weeks off depo to get pregnant. I have been told I'm just fertil mertil. this is baby number 3 for me and my tubes will be tied.. GOOD LUCK AND BABY DUST TO YOU!