Cramps and Gas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Cramps and Gas

I've been having lots of cramps and gas in my lower abdominal area for the past 5 days. Now I'm getting a few sharp pains on my left side. I don't know if this is related to my Desogen Birth Control. Two weeks ago I accidently took 2 pills in one morning after thinking i had missed a day when i had not. I had my period later that week normally then started a new pack. Shortly after this cramping, etc. started. The cramps feel like menstrual cramps that won't go away and the gas is constant. What could be causing this. Please help.

sincerely,
Danielle W.
I too have had alot of gas and crampiness in the past.  
I don't think Desogen causes this.  Are you having trouble
going to the bathroom?  The instructions on the pill pack
should tell you if gas and crampiness are some of the side
effects of the pill.  If you are concerned, you should
think about calling your OB/GYN tomorrow.
I've been on the pill for almost 3 years and never before have had this problem. I talked to a nurse over the phone and she said it could be from the fact that I took more then one pill that day and my body is regulating itself. I'm just not so confident if that is it and want a second opinion.
I'm not having much trouble going to the bathroom although at first my stools seemed losser then usual.
Also, forgot to mention that after I had sex with my husband I found there to be a little bit of bright blood when i went to use the bathroom. This was 2 days after it all started. Don't know if related to problem but thought I should post it.
Considering the fact that your symptoms have been ongoing for almost a week, and instead of showing signs of improvement, you are actually feeling worse, I think you should call and make an appt. No need in worrying as the symptoms get worse. So please make an appt. and let us know how everything turns out.
--J