Cravings during periods?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Cravings during periods?

I was just curious does anyone else have crazy cravings during thier periods? I am 21 and 1st had my period when I was 13 and have never had cravings like this before.

Lastnight I was craving chicken noodle soup,cotton candy ice cream lol and mini dill pickles cut up dipped in hot sauce LOL

HAPPY THANSGIVING TO THOSE WHO CELEBRATED IT THIS WEEKEND!!!
thanksgiving, this weekend? did i miss something?

I don't really crave much. If I do it's chocolate. I just eat everything in site. I can't get full.
Yes thanks giving I'm from canada and some other women on this site are also.So thats for them.
Yeah, for at least two days I have a stomach that I call the bottomless pit.  Most people tend to crave chocolate and salty stuff right before.  For me it's french fries.  And then we complain about how bloated we are.  With all that salt, go figure!! And the caffeine in the chocolate doesn't help with our irritability.  

happy thanksgiving (canadian-style)

As for the cravings -- I started getting them a few years ago, and I get cravings for chocolate... I used to never like chocolate (I know, I'm weird)... but whenever I got my period, I HAD to eat a candy bar... now of course, this has turned into a constant fondness for chocolate!

Pickles! YUM... i get those too -- actually, whenever I have my period I like to try to eat my way through my entire pantry! I figure my metabolism is working a little harder so it's OK... haha..

I didn't know that it was thanksgiving in Canada. Learn something new everyday.My daughter just did a report on Samual De Champlain. It said he was the first one to explore Canada.Does your Thanksgiving have anyting to do with him, or is the first ones who settled? Just curious.

Yesterday on Oprah they had Dr. Oz on answering all kinds of questions and someone asked why is it that woman crave certain things during their period and the doc said it's hormonal.  The OB/GYN said that bc pills help reduce the fluctuation in hormones and can also reduce the severity of cramps. So that is your time of the month to GO FOR WHAT YOU KNOW!! Pig out and enjoy it!
Hey -- just read what you posted - that would make sense in my case since I have been anemic for years!!! ha
I TRY TO EAT HEALTHY DURING THAT TIME OF THE MONTH BUT THE ONLY THING I EVER WANT TO EAT IS CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER. BUT NOT IN A REESE CUP OR ANYTHING.  I WILL SIT ON THE COUCH AND HAVE A FUDGECICLE IN ONE HAND AND A SPOON FULL OF PEANUT BUTTER IN THE OTHER AND I ALTERNATE.  ISN'T THAT GROSS?  BUT IT'S SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!
I read that if you crave chocolate because of your period it is your bodies way of telling you, you need iron, calcium and caffeine.

I am going to stick to that story anyway... :)
I have the worst chocolate cravings and cravings for some sweet foods and takeout during my period and they drive me mental! Trying to contol them is an absolute nightmare and if I don't get the desired food, I get irritable and cranky! Then once my period is gone, the cravings disappear completely and I don't want to touch those foods again until my next period. What's causing this?
Des_a_rae commented on Shannon79's status
10 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on Baby Noah!!
11 mins ago
Shannon79 commented on Baby Noah!!
40 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals