Cut on Vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Cut on Vagina

I hope someone can help me with this question because im really nervous. I get yeast infections alot so maybe this has something to do with it. About a week ago a day or two after the last day of my period i started to itch and just figured it was another yeast infection because i usually get them right after or during my period.But then i noticed blood while wiping. There was a little paper cut looking cut on the wall of my vagina. I remember this had happened before but last time i thought i may have just cut myself while shaving. The area became red, itchy, and painful. I then looked again tonight and noticed the cut turned into a kind of larger and deeper cut and sort of looks like a picture i saw online of herpes. It has stopped itching but looks bigger. I also got a tiny canker sore inside my mouth around the same time this started happening. Could this be symptom of herpes? I have some discharge but there is not that much of a foul smell to it. My boyfriend and i had intercourse for a couple minutes this mornging and im wondering if that maybe opened it up more or if its herpes. Im going to get tested but just wanted some advice to what it could be so i could ease my mind a little until then. My boyfriend had unportected sex with a girl while we were on a break and may have gotten something. He also has some tiny bumps on his penis but most look like ingrown hairs or pimples.There is no discoloration. Could i have herpes or is it just a cut that got opened up from all of the irritation? Please help!!!
It could be herpes, but don't panic.  Go to the doctor, preferably while the lesion is fresh and can be cultured.  If it is already gone by then, there is a blood test (go search the archives of the STD forum) called HerpeSelect.  It will differentiate between the 2 types of herpes.  Please do some reading on the STD forum and perhaps print something out to take with you to the doctor to help you with any questions you might have.

It might also not be herpes, but you need to find out.  Only a doctor can tell you for sure.
this could be herpes.. you should see your doctor now while he or she can see the cut and other symptoms.. but like the other person wrote its true it could be because on your yeast infection that you got the paper like cut so dont panic.. when i got my first yeast infection, i got one of those cuts and my doctor told me some women get that from the scratching.. but to feel more at piece with yourself get it check... you will feel better.
I have the same thing. I got a ct like thig that was very tiny but superpainful on my vagina I thought I had herpes. I also definately had a yeast infection. SO I went to the doctor and they took a swab and it was negative for herpes.I just got really sick anf have been on anti biotic s and its back the same thing its stil really tiny but again very painful I ahev shooting pains all over my vaginal are and now my but is itchy. I looked closely with a mirror but my butt looks fine. I am too very worried that the swab result was wrong. I am ton about what to do.
I had sex early Monday morning, I felt my boyfriend split n between vagina and anul.. always occur. No biggy. But I checked down there and seen that cuts were way larger than expected. I can hardly sit down.. so I start treating cuts with perioxide and nesporin.. no work. Jus pain pain pain... jus want it to go away... help me plz.....
I have the same problem and its from a yeast infection, and have been since I was a kid... My baby gets them too :( Its not herpes tho, herpes isnt usually cuts...