Cyst or blocked gland in labia?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Cyst or blocked gland in labia?

This morning while washing in the shower I noticed my labia was very sore. The area between my labia major and minor is very red and it feels like a cysts or blocked glands. The pain is bilateral but originates from slightly different points on either side. I have not had intercourse for over a month as I had irritation of the area inside the labia major and saw GYN a month ago. She gave me nystatin with triamcinolone ointment which I used for a few days. Test showed positive for yeast so after a bit of unavoidable delay I treated it with prescribed boric acid capsules for 7 days. It felt much better. Then after a day or so I felt some irritation so I used the ointment for two more evenings which was 2 nights ago. I am wondering if this is blocked sebaceous glands, a cyst or other. There is not "head to the cyst". For the record, I am 15 years married with 3 kids and have been checked in the past for std's. Or could the be a reaction or result of one of the medications? Any other thought would be good. No fever. Trying warm compresses. The vagina itself does not feel irritated and no discharge.
It could possibly be a bartholins cyst. They are quite painful from what I understand. Sometimes a marsupialization is done. I would continue the warm compresses and get into see someone before it gets any worse and painful.
I just thought I give an update just in case anyone has the same problem. After 2 trips to my Gyn she thinks it is swollen lymph nodes but not positive. I am 1/2 way through a course of antibiotics (the 2nd in 3 weeks). The areas the initial pain and swelling have subsided quite a bit but it seems to be spreading forward. Now there are more painful lumps under the skin bilaterally with pain moving into the mons veneris and painful spot near groin. It's almost like a chain of lumps. I thought it was a blocked vein, but since it is bilateral she thought it unlikely. also not the right area for Bartholin's cyst but she did check pretty thoroughly. The spreading of pain concerns me. Waiting on CBC results. I wasn't to enthusiastic about a biopsy down there so waiting a week. If it is lymph nodes what could cause this?
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
PaulaAnn commented on photo
gymdandee commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals